• Views 1,021
  • Replies 3
D

Deleted User

OP
God damn.
There's nothing wrong with the drivers, they're detected and up to date:
Captura.PNG

Yesterday was using it just fine. I just turned it off, and now I wanted to do some stuff and there's no sound comming from it.
Not even with headphones.

Do you know what may be causing it?
I've tried rebooting and turning it off - wait a couple minutes - and turning it on again.

:angry:

EDIT: Rebooted the thing for the third time and now it works :unsure:

Last edited by ,

ThoD

GBATemp Addict (apparently), but more like "bored"
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
VERY rarely the sound drivers/hardware may not load up properly. It's EXTREMELY rare (1 in about 3000 boots) and usually you can tell by the sound icon in Windows having a red marker over it. Disabling and enabling the hardware fixes it, something that's done automatically when rebooting, so that may be it. Other causes could be badly-configured BIOS or something relating to recently-installed software. At least it works now, but next time post some more details if it happens again (things like if you installed stuff recently, changed any settings, battery or plugged in, etc.).

Reactions: Deleted User
D

Deleted User

OP
VERY rarely the sound drivers/hardware may not load up properly. It's EXTREMELY rare (1 in about 3000 boots) and usually you can tell by the sound icon in Windows having a red marker over it. Disabling and enabling the hardware fixes it, something that's done automatically when rebooting, so that may be it. Other causes could be badly-configured BIOS or something relating to recently-installed software. At least it works now, but next time post some more details if it happens again (things like if you installed stuff recently, changed any settings, battery or plugged in, etc.).

I will. Hopefully that'll never repeat again.

Reactions: ThoD
D

Deleted User

OP
To avoid creating a whole new thread, I'm just gonna comment on here:

It's happening again, but now there's something... strange.
You see:
- Windows 10 taskbar has a Volume Icon. When I turn up the volume using that Icon, Windows reproduces sound.
- Trying to watch a video or reproduce audio, it wont reproduce sound.

What's happening here?
My Sound Drivers are working fine according to Windows's Device Manager.
I hadn't installed anything lately... other than Audacity and LAME MP3 CODEC... do you think this is what's interfeering with my sound driver?

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

DO NOT WASTE YOUR TIME WRITTING A POSSIBLE ANSWER. IT'S "FIXED"

I right Clicked on the Volume Icon, then I ran a test using the "Solve Issues" option.
Windows told me to restart my computer, so I did, and voilá.
Sound again.

Last edited by ,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: I haven't played my Switch n a month or so, just been playing Xbox, and just picked to play lil...