Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
500x_half_life_2_2010.jpg

QUOTE said:
The latest issue of Game Informer magazine has a bit of potential bad news for Gordon Freeman fans, casting doubt on the release of Half-Life 2: Episode Three in 2010.

Specifically, Game Informer's rumor-centric Loose Talk column notes that there "won't be any game from the [Half-Life] franchise in 2010, and what will finally come out is still unknown," implying that the next entry in the series could be either Episode Three or Half-Life 3.

Valve is well past the estimated time of arrival for Episode Three, a blown date we didn't expect after the release of concept art for that episode in 2008.

The developer has plenty to focus on in 2010 with Left 4 Dead 2 (and Left 4 Dead) downloadable content en route, as well as at least one more Team Fortress 2 update. And if Valve really is creating a character that speaks with sign language, those claims of the next Half-Life being an "ambitious product" sound legit.
Source

Defiance

oh my god.. it's full of trading cards...
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I heard about this yesterday.. It's very disappointing, seeing as the episodes were created separately so we wouldn't have to wait for another "full" sequel. I'm also still waiting for BMS to come out. (Which they started in what? 2004?)

Who knows? Maybe in episode 3 there will be a new engine with the same concept of physics, just more in detail. (Source 2, anybody?)

shakirmoledina

Legend
Trophies
Website
vfootball.co.nf
XP
Country
Tanzania
why so? is it bcz they are not with enough ideas for improvement? is it cuz they have trouble with the development team or funds (nah tht cant be it)? I would say they are really trying to expand the horizon with this game reaching more ppl like how MW2 did

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Maximumbeans @ Maximumbeans:
    I think that's why I focus on just enjoying single player experiences that aren't too competitive
    How are you doing?
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    There's also this thing where I'm hyperfocused at night and cannot get to sleep.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Maximumbeans, I'm doing alright, thanks.
    +1
    That must be rough. Productive I'm sure but hard to balance with daily life
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Maximumbeans, Indeed. I've been working on getting this Infecutus chip to work on my PS2. But after soldering, I realised that a plastic piece was missing from the power ribbon cable to the power and eject buttons.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Now I could go with soldering the contacts from the cable to the connector on the mobo, but doesn't sound like a good permanent solution.
    Man, that's beyond my brain :rofl: I'm no good with hardware for now. I'd like to get into hardmods in future though
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Maximumbeans, Maybe start practice soldering. Get a cheap-ass soldering iron and follow some good YouTube tutorials.
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Least my experience has gotten better than over a decade ago. My iron would constantly bump into components and break them.
    Sounds good. I actually did soldering but like 16 years ago for school so uuuuh probably rusty haha
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Maximumbeans, Same here. I did soldering at school from a teacher who I honestly liked since he had plenty of good electronics experience.
    +1
    I wish I could play chess well
    +1
    Useless but a true art
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Maximumbeans, I had a friend who had a glass chess set for their birthday.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    It was like all clear and fancy. Tbf I'm not too experienced with chess, but would like to learn someday.
    That sounds really cool
    I know the basics but no strategy at all :rofl:
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Watch chess streamers on Twitch and you'll pick up a thing or two.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Not to mention there's an infinite number of chess games for every possible platform.
  • DinohScene @ DinohScene:
    just play it, get beaten a few times and start dominating
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Nude chess is best
  • DinohScene @ DinohScene:
    strip checkers > nude chess
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Nude checkers get jumped
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Nude checkers get jumped