DennisNL

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Hello everyone,

I've succesfully installed the homebrew channel and dx2-cios v10 beta53-alt for vWII on my Wii U. I also installed IOS236_Installer_MOD_v8_for_vWii_FIX94_dmm.

USB loader GX and CFG USB loader (70modr65) both work (with an WBFS disk), but somehow i can't download any covers. GX gives an error that files couldn't download and in CFG USB loader. Also with some emulators that support SMB connections (to my NAS), the network connection doesn't work (generates a network error). I think those two problems are related, but can't seem to find any info on the net about this.

Is there anyone who knows what the problem could be? In homebrew channel the network icon lights up, so there should be a network connection....

In addition to that, my FAT32 disk with wbfs folder and wbfs files doesn't work either. Do i need another CIOS for that on my vWII?

Hope that someone can help me out ;)

Kind regards,
Dennis

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Hello everyone,

I've succesfully installed the homebrew channel and dx2-cios v10 beta53-alt for vWII on my Wii U. I also installed IOS236_Installer_MOD_v8_for_vWii_FIX94_dmm.

USB loader GX and CFG USB loader (70modr65) both work (with an WBFS disk), but somehow i can't download any covers. GX gives an error that files couldn't download and in CFG USB loader. Also with some emulators that support SMB connections (to my NAS), the network connection doesn't work (generates a network error). I think those two problems are related, but can't seem to find any info on the net about this.

Is there anyone who knows what the problem could be? In homebrew channel the network icon lights up, so there should be a network connection....

In addition to that, my FAT32 disk with wbfs folder and wbfs files doesn't work either. Do i need another CIOS for that on my vWII?

Kind regards,
Dennis
vwii needs y cables for hdds that dont have their own power supply.

ElyosOfTheAbyss

Trophies
XP
Country
Hello everyone,

Kind regards,
Dennis
I had the same issue with the wifi thing but then I moved it over about half a meter to get a better wifi connection and it worked. Might not work with you though.

ElyosOfTheAbyss

Trophies
XP
Country
he says wbfs works but fat32 doesnt to me the only explanation for this phrase is he has 2 partitions or 2 hdds becuase if he has a wbfs folder in a fat32 partitionn then i fat32 is working lol.
What he is saying is that he tried it with it formatted to fat32but that didn't work so he formatted it to a wbfs format and it worked for him.

DennisNL

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
To clarify, i have two disks :) I bought a new disk (and a Y cable) to use with the Wii U and i have an older disk that i used with the old Wii. The older disk with WBFS works, but the new disk with FAT32 doesn't.

I didn't know WBFS manager supports FAT32 disks, so i will try that :) Want to play my old NGC games too, so that's why i wanted a FAT32 disk.

The network problem is still a strange one to me. The Wii U has network, homebrew channel shows a connected network icon, but a network connection could not be made :(

Thanks for all the help so far!

moops44

Prince of Darkness
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
To clarify, i have two disks :) I bought a new disk (and a Y cable) to use with the Wii U and i have an older disk that i used with the old Wii. The older disk with WBFS works, but the new disk with FAT32 doesn't.

I didn't know WBFS manager supports FAT32 disks, so i will try that :) Want to play my old NGC games too, so that's why i wanted a FAT32 disk.

The network problem is still a strange one to me. The Wii U has network, homebrew channel shows a connected network icon, but a network connection could not be made :(

Thanks for all the help so far!
try this
https://www.dropbox.com/s/oj1acv56k60u7t1/WiiBackupManager_Build78.zip?dl=0
it also can download covers

DennisNL

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
So, i've tested some more and the network is working. Made an error in the creation of a share on my NAS :)

Strange things with the harddrive are still hard to figure out. My old Wii HDD works fine, but my new HDD i bought for the Wii U doens't. It even fails with WBFS. Searchin' throught GBA temp let me to believe it's the HDD itself that is the problem. It's a WD Elements 750GB 2,5" disk and the passport version has the same issues according to some posts on GBATemp.

However, the Wii U can see the disk since it comes with a message to format the drive. It's all the homebrew apps that have issues with it. Homebrew browser crashes with the drive connected and USB Loader GX just hangs when initializing the USB HDD.

Anyone out there who got this problem fixed?

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Works great, thank You!

DennisNL

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
So, checked some more and used another older harddrive. That worked too (FAT32) and i even could download covers...

So, the WD Elements is going back to the store tommorow and i'm getting a HDD with an external power supply.

Thank you all for the helpfull hints and tips!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=FzVN9kIUNxw +1