Hacking Suggestion No network capabilities boot option in hekate/atmosphere

Jarconetti

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
I know plane mode does the trick, but since sleep mode it's not a problem anymore my kids tent to forget whether or not they are in CFW or OF, parental control doesn't prompt a pin code request to disable plane mode,so it's getting riskier normally i do the setup when they come back from school, but holidays are coming and a problem lies ahead. because one of them discovered Fornite & Mario odyssey balloon playmode(which is a backup) and the younger one plays that great homebrew zelda game and emulators (no need to say which one it's my favorite:yaysp:).

So thats my suggestion a way to force users to reboot and avoid any non-legit cert online feature/eshop problem. maybe we could prevent some bans.

TheCyberQuake

Certified Geek
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Even if you use it offline, it's probably still logging that you are using pirated software and will send that info to nintendo when you go online. Especially if you are using layeredfs backup method, as multiple powwow have been banned when they used it only offline.

pLaYeR^^

Doctor Switch
Trophies
XP
Country
Austria
Because of yesterday's ban wave, I can only really recommend to anyone to stop using a hacked console online. It's still not clear what exactly can cause a ban, but playing online is definitely the riskiest. Most importantly, you should keep your console offline when using LayeredFS because custom errors have been built into it for debugging purposes. If such an error is sent from your console to Nintendo, it's only a matter of time until your console is banned.

Kafluke

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Because of yesterday's ban wave, I can only really recommend to anyone to stop using a hacked console online. It's still not clear what exactly can cause a ban, but playing online is definitely the riskiest. Most importantly, you should keep your console offline when using LayeredFS because custom errors have been built into it for debugging purposes. If such an error is sent from your console to Nintendo, it's only a matter of time until your console is banned.
That's not the problem. The problem is RTFM related. OP didnt know to launch album

LightOffPro

ユキオクン
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
By going strictly offline, you're banning yourself in a way.

I do not intend to pay for online in September and i know that I'll be banned sooner or later...
Might as well make the most of it. My switch is a RPG/Single-Player machine anyways.

Jarconetti

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
That's not the problem. The problem is RTFM related. OP didnt know to launch album
... first they are kids, it's not a matter of how to to launch album, we don't even know if by launching album to trigger HBM you'll get banned if you got airplane mode off.

BL4Z3D247

GBAtemp Stoner
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
By going strictly offline, you're banning yourself in a way.
But by banning yourself you still give yourself the option to have online play in the future.

Being reckless and getting yourself banned is just like banning yourself only you can't reverse that like you can if you "ban yourself" by not going online.

I'm not sure why people think that's the more feasible route to take. That's like killing yourself now because you're eventually going to die.

Jarconetti

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
But by banning yourself you still give yourself the option to have online play in the future.

Being reckless and getting yourself banned is just like banning yourself only you can't reverse that like you can if you "ban yourself" by not going online.

I'm not sure why people think that's the more feasible route to take. That's like killing yourself now because you're eventually going to die.
Thanks that it's exactly the point maybe i didn't explained well in the first post

eskinner3742

GBAtemp Professional Lurker
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This thread really makes me think... I know that SciresM has his own error codes for Atmosphere, maybe he will be able to implement a way to erase errors too? Also, iirc, errors are held in the system and sent in as soon as the console connects to Ninendo's servers so network blocking really wouldn't do anything to prevent a ban cause your errors are still logged and sent to Nintendo.

We do need some sort of safety-net for bans for those that solely want atmosphere for emulators and OFFLINE modding. Playing certain game mods offline, getting an error, then it gets sent in and you're banned just doesn't seem fair to me, but it's when you want to pirate a game and play online, or edit your splatoon character to cheat that I start to have a problem.

You can disagree with me on this or not, but I don't think people should be able to play online with pirated or modded software at all and I completely agree with the decision to ban consoles that do so. If you want to pirate and play with modded games, you should do it offline and just accept the fact that you will get banned if you attempt to play online. The ability to safely play online without a ban risk should be the incentive to purchase that particular game.

But that's just my 2-sense on the matter

Jarconetti

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
This thread really makes me think... I know that SciresM has his own error codes for Atmosphere, maybe he will be able to implement a way to erase errors too? Also, iirc, errors are held in the system and sent in as soon as the console connects to Ninendo's servers so network blocking really wouldn't do anything to prevent a ban cause your errors are still logged and sent to Nintendo.

We do need some sort of safety-net for bans for those that solely want atmosphere for emulators and OFFLINE modding. Playing certain game mods offline, getting an error, then it gets sent in and you're banned just doesn't seem fair to me, but it's when you want to pirate a game and play online, or edit your splatoon character to cheat that I start to have a problem.

You can disagree with me on this or not, but I don't think people should be able to play online with pirated or modded software at all and I completely agree with the decision to ban consoles that do so. If you want to pirate and play with modded games, you should do it offline and just accept the fact that you will get banned if you attempt to play online. The ability to safely play online without a ban risk should be the incentive to purchase that particular game.

But that's just my 2-sense on the matter

maybe emmuNAND will store those logs and they will be erases after reboot (i'm no expert) so if you have a blocked internet connection under CFW and you are forced to reboot it should be fine, i think the only reason to this reckless attitude it's due to free online period ending in September most of the people who don't care to be banned,wouldn't be willing to pay for an online service in the first place, that problem will go away in September IMO.

eskinner3742

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
maybe emmuNAND will store those logs and they will be erases after reboot (i'm no expert) so if you have a blocked internet connection under CFW and you are forced to reboot it should be fine

I didn't even think about emuNAND. If one could simply have an emuNAND with blocked network capabilities, that would be perfect, since emuNAND would NEVER connect to the servers, no errors would be seen by Nintendo. And if sysNAND is kept clean, no one would have a problem.

guily6669

GbaTemp is my Drug
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The thing is it seems almost everything is leading to bans even all OFFLINE and with clear log feature...

So after having anything hacked used on main nand is already asking for a ban, thats why the best is just never put the wireless settings in the console and waiting for emunand, however since you already tried all stuff out there, some flags are already probably on your console waiting for a online connection to send the data to nintendo for a ban, so atmosphere can't save anyone from already bad stuff being already on your main nand.

Best is really that you delete wireless settings completely and wait until devs\hackers could know exactly what causes the bans and maybe update their apps with something to clean all offline data ready to activate the flag ban on the nintendo server...

eskinner3742

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The thing is it seems almost everything is leading to bans even all OFFLINE and with clear log feature...

So after having anything hacked used on main nand is already asking for a ban, thats why the best is just never put the wireless settings in the console and waiting for emunand, however since you already tried all stuff out there, some flags are already probably on your console waiting for a online connection to send the data to nintendo for a ban, so atmosphere can't save anyone from already bad stuff being already on your main nand.

Best is really that you delete wireless settings completely and wait until devs\hackers could know exactly what causes the bans and maybe update their apps with something to clean all offline data ready to activate the flag ban on the nintendo server...

You're right, the only real solution is to have an untouched sysNAND (or at least no errors) until emuNAND is here. Or wait for the scene to find out how bans are sent and how we can negate them.

leon315

POWERLIFTER
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
TC, THERE'S A EASY WAY TO PREVENT ur switch to connect online:

many modem has IP filter, all you have to do give an static IP like 192.168.1.100, then have ur modem to block it, even it has wifi it won't be able to connect to internet :P

guily6669

GbaTemp is my Drug
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
thats just the same as never entering in any wifi\Lan (W Lan adapter) connection on the Switch... Doesn't nintendo Switch have direct wifi connection with other switches 4 local playing?
You're right, the only real solution is to have an untouched sysNAND (or at least no errors) until emuNAND is here. Or wait for the scene to find out how bans are sent and how we can negate them.
Yep thats the best solution to be protected against bans by a HUGE margin having sysnand updated to last FW using all original and then when atmosphere comes using emunand all offline 4 everything else and then completely remove the SD used for emunand and just use the console 100% original for online.

I think nintendo would only be able to catch this if they somehow could get RCM info which is very unlikely, so I would say 99% safe maybe, just speculation of my part.

My Switch is still a Virgin, but I totally don't care going online I just want to keep my console on 3.02 4 ever, but even though I don't care being banned or even ever connecting to wifi, I prefer not being banned as we never know what drawbacks could come in the future from being banned. M$ got very bad back in the 360 when they corrupted all data from my xbox360 and I had to solder a lot of crap to a parallel port on my PC to be able to fix it, gosh it just pissed me off, Im glad someone went on court, M$ lost and on a new FW they fixed all of that BS.

But anyway in the future if ppl make atmosphere to be undetected I would not mind going online, but not pay the online service and play games online, just for other stuff like maybe they could add achievements so we could upload new achievments online or anything that might come in the future, I would prefer saving my console for when the right time comes to be safer online than at this point in time...

Last edited by guily6669,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: I really don't want to buy this fap tab...