No More Heroes (U) PAL fix hack

da_rula

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
I'm getting a "Could not replace the file (code: 6)" Error after i tried putting the modified main.dol
back into the ISO
frown.gif

Some help would be nice!
grog.gif

edit: nevermind. I reloaded the ISO and tried it again. It replaced correctly
smile.gif

ChampionTWH

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
sumbody make a nice ppf file please ?

@Cyan the signer wouldn't be needed, as the resultant iso modified with the ppf file would be an exact copy of the ammended iso

Hit

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
jalaneme said:
Hit said:
Is the USA version uncensored?

if that wasn't the case i don't think they would waste time making this game region free in the first place.
There was a PAL version already?, I thought it wasn't released yet
Well that's great news, By the way How did the finder of this, found this out?
I don't think he just guessed:
[0x4C4453] 0x00 -> 0x14
[0x4C448F] 0x02 -> 0x14
[0x4C44CB] 0x08 -> 0x14

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
jalaneme said:
erm, i didn't understand a word of that, what i did find was a program called WiiBrowse_1.0 (it has a gui without dos commands) that lets you extract the files from the iso i extract the dol from the game right? (i need the ckey.bin file before i can use it?) then open that dol file in a hex editor and change the values, and then somehow put the file back into the iso right? just trying to keep it simple
lecture.gif

Yes, that's right
smile.gif

you can extract with many iso extractor.
But the only program to put the file back and resign the iso is Trucha signer.
you need the key.bin to read the iso, but also 2 more keys to reinsert the modified files.

Those additional keys has to be found in game's update files. (in mario galaxy i think, for exemple)

the way to do it is :

extract main.dol from nmh
edit main.dol
open galaxy to extract 2 files.
scan those files for the keys
use those keys in Trucha to insert modified main.dol
resign the nmh iso
burn it

jalaneme

Female Gamer
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Cyan said:
Yes, that's right
smile.gif

you can extract with many iso extractor.
But the only program to put the file back and resign the iso is Trucha signer.
you need the key.bin to read the iso, but also 2 more keys to reinsert the modified files.

Those additional keys has to be found in game's update files. (in mario galaxy i think, for exemple)

the way to do it is :

extract main.dol from nmh
edit main.dol
open galaxy to extract 2 files.
scan those files for the keys
use those keys in Trucha to insert modified main.dol
resign the nmh iso
burn it

what?
blink.gif
now you have just made it even more complicated? more keys? from where? and how can you use any iso extractor when you need the ckey.bin file along side it? not every program will even know it's there so that can't be possible to use any program to extract the files, on top of that the Wii iso files encrypted so i believe not every program out there will extract the iso that easily. and is Trucha signer dos commands type program or is it gui based? i just want to use it to put the hacked dol file back.

please keep this simple!

Audioboxer

Trophies
XP
Country
Awesome news!

I hope this can lead to all Wii games being region free.

I'm happy this now almost guarantees Brawl for us PAL people - As there is a chance USA Brawl won't be able to be made region free by traditional methods.

The whole process goes over my head though, I'll have a go at it, but a patcher would be amazing
smile.gif

bailli

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
I cannot create a PPF patch because I am still downloading the ISO. A PPF patch will follow ~12h if nobody posts one till then.

But I uploaded a already patched main.dol. So you just have to replace the .dol, sign the partition and burn.
(You must either patch the ISO with RegionFrii or use the region auto-patching of your modchip. This patch doesn't change the region of the ISO!)

BTW: matsuken posted somewhere that this patch makes the game use PAL60 instead of NTSC...
(I think somebody asked what it did...)

Hm almost forgot the download link
wink.gif
*Removed*

EDIT: @shaunj66
Sorry I didn't think about copyrighted software...

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
when I said any program, I wanted to say "every program that use the ckey.bin alongside"

Capable program are :
WiiBrowse
WIIScrubber
Trucha signer
and maybe other I don't know

To read Wii iso, you need 1 key : key.bin

To write into Wii iso, you need 2 more keys. They are found inside some Wii game iso.

jalaneme

Female Gamer
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Killakae said:
ehhh... cant someone upload a pre-patched version on usenet?

no one did that for manhunt 2 (i had to download from blackcats to get the uncut version), i doubt anyone will do it for this one either which is a shame really, no one here can explain in simple plain english how to do this patch thingy so we are getting nowhere here.

Killakae

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
grant666uk said:
I got a ppf-o-matic patch for Manhunt 2. Just ran it on the Iso and it worked a treat. It would be amzing if some one could do the same for NMH.

Here is a link to the Manhunt hack. Might help someone make a patch for No more heroes. Its in post 15.

http://psx-scene.com/forums/nintendo-news/...hunt-2-wii.html

Oh and a mega big thanks to the chap that worked this out.

thanks for that! im gonna redownload Manhunt now and check it out...

jalaneme said:
QUOTE(Killakae @ Mar 5 2008, 06:43 PM) ehhh... cant someone upload a pre-patched version on usenet?

no one did that for manhunt 2 (i had to download from blackcats to get the uncut version), i doubt anyone will do it for this one either which is a shame really, no one here can explain in simple plain english how to do this patch thingy so we are getting nowhere here.

in that case... hopefully we'll get a simple patch like the Manhunt 2 one

jalaneme

Female Gamer
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
bailli said:
I cannot create a PPF patch because I am still downloading the ISO. A PPF patch will follow ~12h if nobody posts one till then.

But I uploaded a already patched main.dol. So you just have to replace the .dol, sign the partition and burn.
(You must either patch the ISO with RegionFrii or use the region auto-patching of your modchip. This patch doesn't change the region of the ISO!)

BTW: matsuken posted somewhere that this patch makes the game use PAL60 instead of NTSC...
(I think somebody asked what it did...)

Hm almost forgot the download link
wink.gif
*Removed*

i was going to say thank you for posting the link but i guess it was removed, great ¬_¬ PM me the dol file if you can, please!

QUOTE(Cyan @ Mar 5 2008, 06:47 PM) when I said any program, I wanted to say "every program that use the ckey.bin alongside"

Capable program are :
WiiBrowse
WIIScrubber
Trucha signer
and maybe other I don't know

To read Wii iso, you need 1 key : ckey.bin

To write into Wii iso, you need 2 more keys. They are found inside some Wii game iso.

well i did say i had WiiBrowse_1.0 you should had said oh that will do and explain the next step, i already have one ckey.bin and i am aware that some wii games have 2 extra keys, how do you find these extra keys? and also does a game like no more heroes need a extra 2 keys in the first place? why mention that a game needs 2 keys when you haven't even said no more heroes requires 2 extra keys in the first place?

brassica

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
So :

- I opened the iso and extracted the main.dol from the second partition,
- I extracted the main.dol file,
- I opened it with Ultra Edit,
- I searched for the values, using Ctrl+G,
- I replaced each value as stated,
- I saved then replaced the main.dol file in the iso,
- I made a right-clic then signed the second partition.

Is this all that is needed ?
I didn't used another key, only the key.bin one.
Trucha never gave an error, only success messages : can I burn it now ?

[Truth]

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
jalaneme said:
Killakae said:
ehhh... cant someone upload a pre-patched version on usenet?

how about reading your PM?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BjK2lPBzGzo