Hacking No micro SD Cards Work in Wii U: Write Protected.

Sonic Angel Knight

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So basically the sd card has a number of sectors on it in with your data is stored much in the way a CD has a number of tracks. The cluster size dictates how much info each sector hold so 64kb cluster size holds 64kb of data in each sector and 32gb holds 32gb of data. So a card formated to 64kb will load quicker as each sector holds more information and less sectors are being read by the wiiu.

Okay that's more detailed, so then why is there a option for it? If the 64k is clearly faster and more prefered, why woud options like 32 even exist in the first place?

Baphomet

Homebrew Justice Warrior™
Trophies
XP
Country
Jamaica
Okay that's more detailed, so then why is there a option for it? If the 64k is clearly faster and more prefered, why woud options like 32 even exist in the first place?
Memory efficiency. 32k will save you space and on a big drive, that space can be pretty huge.

KillzXGaming

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm formatting to 64kb cluster but still doesn't wnanna work. Isn't there a way to check if it is formatted to the cluser size, maybe it failed?

MegAmi24

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That's odd, my 16 GB MicroSDHC Class 4 from Kingston works just fine.

(vWii Homebrew doesn't work though, rip)

KillzXGaming

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is my SD card port broke?
Screenshots:
qv7aaWk.jpg

vwYoXL7.jpg

Last edited by KillzXGaming,

Patxinco

Riding a Shooting Star
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
Don't you have another SD card to try? with that you can check if the WiiU port is damage or not for sure.
And when i say another SD card, i don't mean another adapter, i mean another SD card.

KillzXGaming

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Don't you have another SD card to try? with that you can check if the WiiU port is damage or not for sure.
And when i say another SD card, i don't mean another adapter, i mean another SD card.
yeah, any normal SD cards work fine. Not micro SDs with adapters as they say it has a write protected error.

MUDD_BR

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
i have stored up to 60gb before so it's real.
Jeez, it´s so weird... on other gadgets the card works fine, and normal SD works fine on your Wii U, right? The only solution I can see for it now is to try in the shop for a replace (SD vs mSD), it´s possible?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://www.instagram.com/reel/C6rI8eXgDxd/?igsh=MWYybHY2YXoyM3I2cQ==