Hacking No internet on 4.5 without online update?

Quicksilver88

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I lucked out last month and purchased a NIB never opened launch 3DS from a college student who got it as a gift and just never got around to using it. It actually had system FW v1.0 on it.

I used my Luigi's dark moon cart to update it to v4.5 and it has worked wonderfully with the Gateway.

I setup wifi and it connects to my access point, and it also appears streetpass features and local play and DS wifi play work fine.

I went to launch the browser the other day just to go to gamefaqs to get a little help on something and I got a message......Can not use internet browser until online update is performed.....I suspect this is because the V1.0 units did not ship with browser or eshop installed....still I would have thought the 4.5 update would have fixed this.

Does anyone know if there is a work around to this or is there no way to get a browser without doing an online udpate....not really a biggie but would like to have the funtion if possible.

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
You shouldn't be browsing the Internet on the 3DS anyways since the browser's rather meh in comparison to what an average smartphone can do. In any case, I suggest that you refrain from allowing the update and disable WiFi and Spotpass immediately before the dreaded "there's an update available, do you want to install it?" pop up starts bothering you with each boot of the system.

Reactions: pelago

777aaron

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I would suspect you are correct in your reasoning about the 1.0 systems not having the available apps installed because my xl that came with 4.4 works fine on the net, although Foxi4 is right about the browser sucking in comparison to a decent phone. If you get the update nag just reformat and that should take care of it.

Quicksilver88

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah I agree that 3DS is a crap browser....just handy every once in a while to use it to look up a faq on gamefaqs while playing something....can always use the iphone for that I guess but just wondered if anyone else had encountered this. I also have a 3DS XL on 5.1 and am holding off on upgrading it for a while to see if Gateway gets 5.x/6.x working as I would rather use that as my gateway machine and then update the non-xl.......Guess I will wait and see but I am starting to doubt if we will see anything past 4.5 working any time soon.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Lol Veho.