dualscreenman

OP
Trophies
Website
kodewerx.net
XP
Country
United States
It's out, and this time it looks like it has sound support!
Changelog

Main page

Pretty cool stuff.
bow.gif

VmprHntrD

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This was covered already in the stickied topic up top for emulators.

Far as the comment asking about audio, yes it does. It's not perfect by far, but it's closer than good than bad, and better than what Marat has done for VGBA(which does DS too) since day one.
wink.gif

Might as well add in, it can also draw and display 3D objects now which it failed to do before. I test drove the sucker yesterday with the Metroid Prime Hunters demo.

spotanjo3

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Already test them and see many compatability increases...awesome!

Children of Mana (U) - Fully playable but the characters are a little bit blurs but you are able to see it anyway and not sure about save yet.

Phoenix Wright (U) - Fully playable and you are able to use touchscreen on the bottom to see much better but no save. (YAY!)

Gyakuten Saiban 2 (J) aka Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney - Justice for All. (english is also include) - Fully playable and you are able to use a touchscreen on the bottom to see much better but no save. (YAY!)

Lode Runner (J) - Fully playable but no save.

Yoshi Touch & Go (U) - Fully playable, slow, and save.

Lunar - Dragon Song (U) - Fully playable and save.

Dig Dug: Digging Strike (U) - Fully playable with, slow, save but some 3-D gfx errors on the top but on the bottom is perfect.

Megaman Battle Network 5: Double Team (U) - Fully playable, save, a little bit gfx error on Rockman's body at the bottom. *Press start to get pass the fmv movie or it will crash*

Mario and Luigi Partners in Time (U) - Fully playable, save, but the characters are a little bit hard to see and blurred.

Naruto Saikyo Ninja Daikesshu 4 (J) - Fully playable, slow , and the characters are still blurred but you are able to see it anyway.

I am done with this and test it yourself. There are so much with this potential emulator, indeed!!! It's an amazing to see!

I wont go further. It is a higher compatability than desmume right now. I have been test alots for it and I can't believe my eyes!!! Test it for yourself if you want to. HEH HEH!

I applaud for no$gba author of his hard working and he is a very serious programmer. He had been doing many emulators of his project and now this one. AWESOME!

I am very proud of him and his hard working!
bow.gif

EDIT: Not all save are work. At least the save did shown up in the folder.
unsure.gif

Solid Snake

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
but you know, even though I have all the required files to run those games, gyakuten saiban 2 doesn't play at all, all i get is a blank screen, and i do encrypt the rom:

Here's my configuration settings:

Emulation Speed: 16.78 MHz ....

Sound Output: Digital Stereio

Reset/Startup Entrypoint: Start Cartridge directly

Soun Desired: High 44 KHz

Video Output: 24 bit True Color

Multiboot Port: None

GBA Mode: GBA SP backlight

Multiboot normal/burstdelays: Medium/medium (stable)

cartridge backup media: auto

number of emulated game boys: 1

game screen filter: none

link gamepacks: gamepacks in all gbas

game screen sizing: Tick, force 50%step, Tick, force Aspect Ratio,

Link cable type:none

what i'm doing wrong? I do have the bioses and a firmware, plz help with this one

BTW phoenix wright 1 does run, but it gets stuck in the "new game" button, I just can't click it

Gaisuto

Lose 2 Levels.
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Wow, I'm impressed by how fast this emulation thing is going. I congratulate these guys, and hope they can get this going and revolutionize the emulation peoples!

VmprHntrD

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Solid Snake easy answer. You can get DS files either encrypted or non-encrypted. I can't remember which, but while all the others use one format, this one solely uses the other. I'm positive(fairly) you have a legit game, you just need to run it through a DS tool to 'crypt' it one way or the other so it's readable by the program. I tweaked that metroid file I have many months back when the emu started talking of running DS crud so I can't remember which I did convert it from to the other or I'd let ya know.

I might as well add don't expect this guys work to ever get leaked or shared with the community. I've known of the author since the mid/late90s and he's one of those pat my back and I won't pat yours but make you think I will for my benefit types. He like Marat is in it for the money, so anything that happens here don't expect the info to trickle down into the pool.

spotanjo3

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
2.3a version here:

Look! On the bottom is finally able to see and touchscreen. The lines will be reduce a little bit soon in the next version or so.
biggrin.gif
bow.gif

Phoenix Wright

1yn4.jpg

Gyakuten Saiban 2

2la1.jpg

3bk7.jpg

no save yet.
smile.gif

enarky

owls?
Trophies
XP
Country
Afghanistan
I might as well add don't expect this guys work to ever get leaked or shared with the community. I've known of the author since the mid/late90s and he's one of those pat my back and I won't pat yours but make you think I will for my benefit types. He like Marat is in it for the money, so anything that happens here don't expect the info to trickle down into the pool.
BS. His work is free, isn't it? It's just the debugger that costs money and you can't say it's very expensive at 15 EUR for amateur dev'ers. And, ahem, Mr Korth has written the very best documentation for GBA and NDS on the net, besides the official Nintendo one. If that's not sharing then I don't know what is.

spotanjo3

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I might as well add don't expect this guys work to ever get leaked or shared with the community. I've known of the author since the mid/late90s and he's one of those pat my back and I won't pat yours but make you think I will for my benefit types. He like Marat is in it for the money, so anything that happens here don't expect the info to trickle down into the pool.

BS. His work is free, isn't it? It's just the debugger that costs money and you can't say it's very expensive at 15 EUR for amateur dev'ers. And, ahem, Mr Korth has written the very best documentation for GBA and NDS on the net, besides the official Nintendo one. If that's not sharing then I don't know what is.

Well, you are wrong, Vampire Hunter D.

enarky, you are correct. And yes, his work is free.

His statement here:

QUOTE said:
I've discontinued sending the newer-NDS-versions as free updates forolder-GBA-users, that is: commercial reg keys older than 12 months won't work with the newer versions; please buy a new reg key.

for the debug version that is. If legally owned a commercial no$gba license more than 12 months ago you must buy it again to receive updates of the commercial version of no$gba.

See? That's what he said.
smile.gif
YES! His work is FREE!!!

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
the "gamer version" is free. and yeah his documentation is the best low level tech doc around. if you are a developer and know arm code the "lite" version for 15$ is totally worth it but for most people the gamer version will be more than enough (and less confusing)

AMPonzi

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Let me just chime in on the issue with saving for a moment. I contacted the author to see if there was anything I could do to help since my specialization is computer architecture and therefore I understand registers and assembly and all that. He said the problem with saving now is that there are currently three types of save format available, a 4kbit one, a 64kbit one, and a 256kbit one (512 bytes, 8 kilobytes, and 32 kilobytes respectively). Right now he only emulates the 4kbit one because he's not sure where in the ROM it specifies which type to use if it does at all. He could look at the memory itself, but that doesn't help if the memory is empty. So I'm going to look into disassembling a ROM to find out exactly how it determines which save format to use. New Super Mario Bros crashes almost instantaneously due to an inability to read from the card, so that'd be a good one to start if anyone is interested in helping. Read his GBA/NDS tech document for more information on these three formats. But right now, this is the challenge.

timbojill

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Already test them and see many compatability increases...awesome!

Children of Mana (U) - Fully playable but the characters are a little bit blurs but you are able to see it anyway and not sure about save yet.

Phoenix Wright (U) - Fully playable and you are able to use touchscreen on the bottom to see much better but no save. (YAY!)

Gyakuten Saiban 2 (J) aka Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney - Justice for All. (english is also include) - Fully playable and you are able to use a touchscreen on the bottom to see much better but no save. (YAY!)

Lode Runner (J) - Fully playable but no save.

Yoshi Touch & Go (U) - Fully playable, slow, and save.

Lunar - Dragon Song (U) - Fully playable and save.

Dig Dug: Digging Strike (U) - Fully playable with, slow, save but some 3-D gfx errors on the top but on the bottom is perfect.

Megaman Battle Network 5: Double Team (U) - Fully playable, save, a little bit gfx error on Rockman's body at the bottom. *Press start to get pass the fmv movie or it will crash*

Mario and Luigi Partners in Time (U) - Fully playable, save, but the characters are a little bit hard to see and blurred.

Naruto Saikyo Ninja Daikesshu 4 (J) - Fully playable, slow , and the characters are still blurred but you are able to see it anyway.

I am done with this and test it yourself. There are so much with this potential emulator, indeed!!! It's an amazing to see!

I wont go further. It is a higher compatability than desmume right now. I have been test alots for it and I can't believe my eyes!!! Test it for yourself if you want to. HEH HEH!

I applaud for no$gba author of his hard working and he is a very serious programmer. He had been doing many emulators of his project and now this one. AWESOME!

I am very proud of him and his hard working!
bow.gif

EDIT: Not all save are work. At least the save did shown up in the folder.Â
unsure.gif
Can you go back and state which team roms did you use in this emu ?

spotanjo3

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Why do you ant to know ? You have to use nds bios and firmware which you need to dump yourself.

Also, why don't you find them yourself ?
smile.gif
I prefer not say which teams because I am not sure if it is allowed or so. It wont hurt you to check them out yourself if you can.
smile.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://www.livescience.com/59831-cotton-candy-grapes.html#:~:text=To%20make%20the%20Cotton%20Can...