No GB/GBC Cheat Database available

Discussion in 'NDS - Emulation and Homebrew' started by John_Enigma, Jul 15, 2014.

1. John_Enigma
    OP

John_Enigma Member

Newcomer
    Jul 13, 2014
    Ok. I wanna be the first one to say it.

Has anyone ever thought of making a GameBoy/GameBoy Color cheat database? I ask this because, I manage to find the GameYob emulator and it was okay. It says that it has the cheat functionality.

Now, in the section that says "Can I use cheats?" there are three links: one is of the GameBoy Cheats, the other one is of the GameBoy Color Cheats; making both of them from the GSCentral site. I also noticed that GSCentral doesn't literally have all of the cheats for all of the games. While the other link happens to be a GBATemp link saying "how to manually create cheats". But let's be honest here. People try to create GB/GBC cheats and problems always comes back to bite them. Believe me, I've tried. And I'm pretty sure that I'm not going to same damn (sorry about the language) process of looking at every code, every code version, every code verification just to make that one perfect code and doing it over and over and over again. I'm sorry, but I can't.

Now, going back to main point. How come nobody has ever made a GB/GBC cheat database? I mean, seriously! Let's look at it this way! I don't know, but some people manage to create two cheat databases and posted it on the FileTrip site nowadays (due to the fact that cheats.gbatemp.net doesn't exist anymore and people saying that MightyMo's site is shut down [The last time I was there it wasn't shut down. It's still alive]): one for TempGBA (Game Boy Advance emulator for the Supercard DSTwo) and one for CATSFC (Super NES emulator for the Supercard DSTwo). And to be honest, making a GB/GBC database wouldn't be a bad idea in my opinion. It make take some time, but I'm sure it would be perfect. And I'm also sure, it would appear on the FileTrip site.

Note: Even though I created my GBAtemp account one or two days ago, this happens to be my first official thread post. And to top it all off, today which is Monday, July 14th, 2014, happens to be my 19th birthday (although is a little late to announce it here now [time: 10:11 pm at night, San Juan, PR Time Zone]). Anyways, sorry I couldn't say on the first line, so hello.

2. John_Enigma
    OP

John_Enigma Member

Newcomer
    Jul 13, 2014
    Wow. Seriously? Nobody's gonna comment on this?

I'm sorry, but, again, seriously?

3. FAST6191

FAST6191 Techromancer

pip Reporter
    Nov 21, 2005
    Damn is harsh language now?

Anyway nobody probably bothered because a) the GB/GBC was very much pre internet (hell, even GBAtemp missed out on a good chunk of the GBA era. Also the GBA stuff was mostly compiled in the DS era when people went back and tidied things up), cheats at the time tended to be device driven (your gameshark/action replay/codebreaker/whatever would have a database already built into them) and since then most people seemed content enough to go on a game by game basis, and most emulators cater to that line of thought.

You might get some people interested, more likely though this will end up being one of those projects you have to do yourself.