No Gamecube memory card mod

Discussion in 'Wii - Console and Game Discussions' started by markkirby, Jul 23, 2014.

1. markkirby
    OP

markkirby Member

Newcomer
    Jul 5, 2014
    Hi guys I was wondering if there was a mod/homebrew to use SD/USB/Internal storage to save Gamecube games without a memory card.

I have the games and controller but not the card.

My Wii is a softmod with 4.3e.

Any help is appreciated, thanks

2. Oxybelis

Oxybelis GBAtemp Fan

Jan 10, 2010
    DIOS-MIOS, Nintendont

markkirby likes this.
  3. CheatFreak47

CheatFreak47 Complex Donut

Oct 11, 2011
    United States
    Michigan, USA
    That's not the best way, if you have a USB of decent size handy, you should try devolution.
    It has extremely high compatibility, but you can only use it for games you own.

You have to rip your game to USB and put the ISO in a folder called games, then run it with a loader that supports devolution. The sample loader that comes with it is good enough for the most part.
    When you run a game, you must insert the disc of the game you are going to play, you only need to do that once for each game you have.

If you don't already have a USB loader capable of ripping games, I recommend just finding cleanrip. It works well.

Dios Mios and Nintendont have their share of problems with
    save data redirection. Plus Nintendont kinda sucks in it's current state. Low game compatibility makes it rather undesirable.

Plus Dios Mios requires additional mods and highly specific formatting to work properly. Not sure about nintendont. Devo is far simpler in comparison.

markkirby likes this.
  4. markkirby
    OP

markkirby Member

Newcomer
    Jul 5, 2014
    Thanks for your reply's I will look in too these, thanks for your time

5. migles

migles Mei the sexiest bae

Sep 19, 2013
    Saint Kitts and Nevis
    my dad works for nintendo.
    if you use dios mios you should have options on the launchers, for example in wiiflow the option is NMM (no memory card)

in nintendont there is also no memory card emulation, but i dont remmeber where to activate it.

markkirby likes this.