• No

Votes: 80 84.2%

• Total voters

ddurdle

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I take it everyone here that is having problems with cfw/gateway after downgrade is usa consoles.

NO! My N3DS USA console is working fine after downgrade from 9.6 -> 10.3 -> 9.2. I loaded the OOT save game hack provided by a gbatemp user (the one provided by Gateway won't work on my cart). Loaded into gateway menu. Backed up NAND, created EMUNAND. Kicked off Gateway mode and tested 3DS ROM loading (works). Was able to load into emunand (GW 9.2).

Thinking about tackling my JP N3DS console next.

Last edited by ddurdle,

ddurdle

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Can you send screenshots to me of what 9.1 looks like, Ive never even thought 9.1 was a thing

someone posted a screenshot in one of the threads around the Japanese downgrade. I'm backing up my SYSNAND using gateway menu right now, then off to bed to dream about my exploited console.

I'll take a snapshot tomorrow and send you.

Excluding that one CIA title must be what is causing the system to think report 9.1 instead of 9.2

I'm happy regardless as my games are playing back, homebrew channel is working, and I'm able to play my 3DS US region carts on the system now. Tomorrow I shall build my emunand.

Aroth

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Was on 10.1U, took the update for 10.3U, downgraded to 9.2U with safe sysUpdater multiple times now, no dice. I use the downgrade-checker and it always reports a successful downgrade.

Followed multiple downgrade tutorials, as well as multiple CFW setup guides, but cannot get it to work properly. The best I got one time was cakes slightly working. By slightly I mean it worked but couldn't install any CIA (legit or otherwise). I've also tried reformatting my SD. Error error error.

I have tried PastaCFW (freezes), Rxtools (kicks back to HB Launcher), Cakes (most "success" so far, but even when it doesn't just freeze I can't do anything). I'm not new to doing anything like this... and I am not asking for someone to hold my hand and do it for me, this is merely out of curiosity to see how many people are suffering from this unknown issue of what is being referred to as an incomplete update. At this point I'm wondering what the best course of action would be. I am unsure if I should stay on this seemingly broken 9.2 or just update to 10.3 and stay there until something better comes around.

DISCUSS!

Bolded some details that people seem to fail reading, lest they suggest me to follow a tutorial yet again.

*Bonus bait!* Who ordered a cart in light of the downgrade? Which one did you order? My DS2+ is on the way and I'm quite excited :D

Not sure whats up here. I wonder if you have maybe a bad set of cias, or the wrong version of sysupdater?

Also, enjoy your brick with that DS2+.

wizardofwoz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've downgrade using sysupdater twice and can't install FBI, access gateway, or dump my nand via emunand9.
I saw that the downgrade option in sysupdater checks to make sure the system file is newer then the cia update. I tried downgrading from 9.2 but it just said everything was installed without even installing a single cia. I wonder if running sysupdater in upgrade mode (using the downgrade files) would fix this... I'm afraid to try for fear of bricking. Anyone have thoughts?

NoNAND

Give me back my legions!
Trophies
XP
Country
Albania
When i downgraded to 9.2 i wasn't able to use mset exploit. I downgraded to 4.5.0 with gateway and everything was fixed for me.

Aroth

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
When i downgraded to 9.2 i wasn't able to use mset exploit. I downgraded to 4.5.0 with gateway and everything was fixed for me.

Yeah... you can't use MSET natively on 9.2. Once you downgrade to 9.2, if you want to use MSET you then need to downgrade the MSET application (and ONLY MSET) to the 4.5 version.

Reactions: NoNAND

NoNAND

Give me back my legions!
Trophies
XP
Country
Albania
Yeah... you can't use MSET natively on 9.2. Once you downgrade to 9.2, if you want to use MSET you then need to downgrade the MSET application (and ONLY MSET) to the 4.5 version.
Yeah i did downgrade mset as well but it didn't work. When i installed gateway rop got an error has occurred when i instelled rxTools got installation failed message.

Dax_Fame

Annoying Member
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Not sure whats up here. I wonder if you have maybe a bad set of cias, or the wrong version of sysupdater?

Also, enjoy your brick with that DS2+.
Negative. I've downloaded and checked md5s more than once. And what are you on about with the DS2+ bricking? It emulates GW..

And for crap sake, here we go with people posting the same old tutorials I've already followed. Good God, people really don't read.

I also don't understand what all the confusion is about with the poll... If that's too perplexing for some to figure out then... I really don't know what to say

Last edited by Dax_Fame,

Aroth

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Negative. I've downloaded and checked md5s more than once. And what are you on about with the DS2+ bricking? It emulates GW..

And for crap sake, here we go with people posting the same old tutorials I've already followed. Good God, people really don't read.

I also don't understand what all the confusion is about with the poll. No custom firmware working? Yes or no... If you're too thick to figure that out I really don't know what to say.

That is exactly why it carries a risk of a brick. The addition of code by Gateway intended to cause bricks aside, they are using their own wrapper to emulate a gateway card. Any time you do something like that it carries a risk of fouling up. Plus, you know, its Gateway. They have a history of using code that is designed to brick systems when you use a clone.

ddurdle

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada

I also don't understand what all the confusion is about with the poll... If that's too perplexing for some to figure out then... I really don't know what to say

You have to understand that there are alot of folks reading this forum do not have english as their first native language. As was pointed out in this thread, at least one person was saying YES to your poll question, failing to grasp it was a negative question ('does it not work' rather then 'does it work'). They voted YES meaning to say YES, IT WORKS FOR ME. If the question was simply "did it work for you?" then it would be more clearer and your received responses, more accurate.

andre104623

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'd edit it if I could
dont worry dude we are on the same boat. If KTM fails when released then gateway will support 10.3 natively. Just update to 10.3 and play the waiting game i think its the only card we have to play. For some reason this seems only to be happening to usa N3ds XL since my japan n3ds is working perfectly fine.

Dax_Fame

Annoying Member
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
dont worry dude we are on the same boat. If KTM fails when released then gateway will support 10.3 natively. Just update to 10.3 and play the waiting game i think its the only card we have to play. For some reason this seems only to be happening to usa N3ds XL since my japan n3ds is working perfectly fine.
I have an o3DS.. It seems to be completely random :/ I guess just some devices decide to not work. I'm updating back to 10.3U via system update, setting up menuhax, and sitting on my hands until then.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Bunjolio @ Bunjolio: