Hacking NNID, MSET DG, and System Restore?

reiyu

Canadian, eh?
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I'm thinking of downgrading a 10.3 unit with an NNID tied to it and doing CFW with unlinked nands without losing any data. Here's my though process:

1. Downgrade to 9.2
2. Downgrade MSET, that way NNID settings won't be present when I unlink
3. Factory reset to unlink

My question would be, would this even work? Would I still get that NNID error on emunand if I do this? I'm just trying to think about not losing all other data, hopefully this works.

Aroth

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm thinking of downgrading a 10.3 unit with an NNID tied to it and doing CFW with unlinked nands without losing any data. Here's my though process:

1. Downgrade to 9.2
2. Downgrade MSET, that way NNID settings won't be present when I unlink
3. Factory reset to unlink

My question would be, would this even work? Would I still get that NNID error on emunand if I do this? I'm just trying to think about not losing all other data, hopefully this works.

This sounds more or less like what I did after I transferred my games/saves/nnid from my O3DS XL a few months ago, minus the downgrade obviously. Pretty sure I already had MSET downgraded at the time (which now that i think about it might be why I had to use HANS to access the transfer app instead of FMP and the going into settings), so maybe this explains why I never had the problem that everyone seems to be having now.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: The cybertruck is a death trap.