NitroH4x, but for GBA?

Discussion in 'NDS - Emulation and Homebrew' started by HAMMARZ, Jan 20, 2010.

Jan 20, 2010

NitroH4x, but for GBA? by HAMMARZ at 7:22 PM (1,121 Views / 0 Likes) 10 replies

1. HAMMARZ
    OP

Newcomer HAMMARZ Newbie

United States
    I was wondering, is there a program like Nitroh4x, but works for Slot 2 games? (Like a legit Pokemon Sapphire cartridge)

2. FAST6191

Reporter FAST6191 Techromancer

pip
    United Kingdom
    For roms yes/kind of (stuff like GBAATM or the older similar apps) but legit carts the best you can do without actual cheating hardware is dump the save and use an emulator to cheat with said save before flashing it back.

Pokemon did have some save editors of a sort but I have no links to hand and cheats are just as easy anyway.

3. HAMMARZ
    OP

Newcomer HAMMARZ Newbie

United States
    I tried something like this before with something called EEPINATOR (or something like it) and all I got was an unreadable .sav. Then when I tried to put a save file back on the cart, it just wiped the save on the cart. Even when I tried writing back the .sav file that came out.

How would I go about doing this the right way?

4. markvn

Member markvn GBAtemp Regular

Netherlands
    yeah, I also got a question.
    If you put a R4 in a DS, you can load the (original) GBA card that is in slot-2.
    My question is: If I put a real Kingdom Hearts game inside slot-2, is there then a way to use cheats on it without slot-2 flashcard?
    Please comment...

5. markvn

Member markvn GBAtemp Regular

Netherlands
    anyone???

6. Jamstruth

Member Jamstruth Secondary Feline Anthropomorph

United Kingdom
    I believe the answer is no. I think Cheat hardware works by inserting the code into the game as its read so it has to have a chance to intercept the data to run the cheats which would only be possible with an R4 if we used GBA in DS mode which is impossible as we can't emulate GBA in DS mode.

7. fgghjjkll

Member fgghjjkll GBATemp MegaMan

Australia
    Really? I believe that cheat devices like gameshark modify the RAM of the game. Im sure that's how Action Replay and Game Genie do it.

8. mercluke

Member mercluke ‮҉

Australia
    i think you'd need to run the cheat homebrew in gba mode for it to work... although, ds mode homebrew can chuck a frame around the gba game so it can obviously modify the ram and have it not cleared when swapping to gba mode
    maybe an ar-type prog would be possible via ds mode...

9. fgghjjkll

Member fgghjjkll GBATemp MegaMan

Australia
    wait. when ds mode switches to gba mode, it clears the RAM and downclocks everything to gba and switches to the GBA BIOS. I'm not to sure how the frames work but you can't have AR homebrew running first and then boot a gba game. Unless it patches the codes into the rom and runs it.

10. f3ar000

Member f3ar000 GBAtemp Regular

United States
    Yeah.. what i want is a program on my ds that can patch(and perhaps unpatch) the rom so I can use my 3in1 to play it

11. DanTheManMS

Member DanTheManMS aka Ricochet Otter

United States
    To my knowledge, nothing of the sort exists. There are of course various programs on the PC that will apply cheats directly to the rom file, but nothing that runs on the DS itself.