Former Staff
Trophies
Website
wiki.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Colombia
20110923_nitebear_on_sleepystreet_(rc1)_(a2600_game).jpg

When aliens capture children from an orphanage only Nite Bear can save them! Travel through 9 levels and face the final boss in this ATARI 2600 Homebrew.

Change Log said:
  • Colliding with End Boss area causes damage.
  • In title screen Nite Bears eyes flash when ready to start game.

download.gif
 Download
icon11.gif
 Project Post
icon11.gif
 Source

theloon

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Someone had tried but never completed a Knightmare clone for the Atari 2600. I decided to take a shot at it myself. Only one power-up (lollipops strengthen your shot). End of level bosses are kinda weak as well.

I don't often see final bosses or 4-way scrolling bonus levels in 2600 games so that's a feature. Hope others will enjoy this completely free game!

The latest version is nightbearRC1.bin on the first post in http://www.atariage.com/forums/topic/16949...n-sleepystreet/

Dunno why the filetrip link uses an earlier build (nightbear009a.bin) Glad I could clarify! Wouldn't want anyone to experience old bugs when new ones are MUCH more enjoyable
tongue.gif

theloon

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Thanks for the compliments on the graphics SnailFace! There are some pretty harsh limitations on Atari 2600 games. The sword that Nitebear shoots out is actually the "ball" object that you see in 2600 pong games. The "ball" object can only be a rectangle. I swap the hilt and sword shapes back and forth to make it look like a complete sword.

The final boss was made Blaster Master boss style where he is actually made out of background tiles.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: I really don't want to buy this fap tab...