Hacking Ninty spies

Littlegreenmen

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
can nintendo see what is on the todays accomplishment messages
and can they tell if your online using a backup

what does the wiiconnect actually do in the background (i think it spies anyone with any clues please)

WiiPower

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
I don't know which spying possibilties nintendo has and uses. I guess they are not spying, but i can say this for sure. Nintendo could only know that you use a backup if your Wii knows this. But if your Wii would know that you are using a backup, why does it allow you to play?

But otherwise, if i was nintendo i would let people play with backups(warez), let them play online, then get their account data and call the police. Think of the 002 error, it was only "fixed", because people couldn't play their backups. If you could still play your backups, but nintendo's servers would be informed by your Wii that you are using a backup, this would have been more effictive. (Yes i know that the 002 error is not a backup detection, it's just an example)

Luckily i'm not interested in online gaming, so i don't have a problem with a offline Wii.

WiiPower

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
DjoeN said:
Nintendo keep strack of how long you play/use something.

It displays this when you play a game over 1 hour (dunno where just to check). So when using HBC longer then an hour it gets displayed in this list

(correct me if i'm wrong on this one)

That's correct. And if you use a backup launcher channel it should show up there too. The question is does your Wii send this information to nintendo? I don't know.

mcj

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I'm sure they can see what you've played. But guess what - Who cares! If they do know you are using a backup, and cared, they would have done something about it. This has been discussed so many times before it's a waste of forum space.

Play your "backups", install your wads, do whatever. If you are that worried disconnect your Wii from the internet.

Nintendo isn't going to call the cops on you! Worst that will happen, if anything, you get banned somehow from online play.

mcj

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Joking or not we don't need that kind of speculation. Now we'll have four threads pop up asking if Nintendo can win nuke our Wii's

djdynamite123

Master Of Hardcore!
Banned
Trophies
Website
www.djdynamite.bravehost.com
XP
Country
rofl.gif
then why ask!

Beatchu

Trophies
XP
Country
Ninty will not nuke our Wii's because they would lose out on money and reputation and stuff... Do you really think the most "family oriented" console will be the one to nuke our consoles

mcj

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Ok the bottom line is this. As of right now, Nintendo doesn't give two shits as to what you are playing on your Wii. Backups, homebrew channel or whatever. Play online or don't.

In the future, maybe they will be able to block you from playing backups or at least playing them online. Will they destroy your console? Hell no. Not now, not ever.

End of story

david432111

Trophies
XP
Country
laugh.gif
I really don't think nintendo would do it even if they had the ability. As it's our console. If they brick it they are liable for damage.

Jizmo

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
mcj said:
I'm sure they can see what you've played. But guess what - Who cares! If they do know you are using a backup, and cared, they would have done something about it. This has been discussed so many times before it's a waste of forum space.

Play your "backups", install your wads, do whatever. If you are that worried disconnect your Wii from the internet.

Nintendo isn't going to call the cops on you! Worst that will happen, if anything, you get banned somehow from online play.

this is true... I was one of the people connecting online with GHWT before it was released. I think the second day I had it, i went to connect and It wouldn't let me.
My ID had gotten banned. Luckily i bricked that Wii (haha... luckily bricked a Wii) and sent it back and got a new one free. (warranty) and of course with the new Wii comes a new ID so all ended up good. I have decided not to play games online anymore until they are actually for sell in the stores becasue of this.

bugaveli

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
yes youre doing something illegal, yes they probably know, yes they care, yes they could probably do something about it. If you found money on the ground would you turn it in. lol
if you use homebrew channel a little japanese guy will come to your house call you asshole san and then spank you... THIS HAS BEEN CONFIRMED. i use the homenrew channel, and I run red lights n stop signs. will the police come to my house and brick my car. get a grip you know what youre doing they rely on people that are too scared to try it all.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    ButterScott101 @ ButterScott101: +1