Hacking Nintendont

Maxbeta

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I just found out that compressed iso formats work in newer versions?
Which format has the smallest size and what tool do I use to compress my isos?

Sorry if its been mentioned already but I couldn't find anything in the first post about it.

Thanks in advance!

Last edited by Maxbeta,

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
So I just found out that compressed iso formats work in newer versions?
Which format has the smallest size and what tool do I use to compress my isos?

Sorry if its been mentioned already but I couldn't find anything in the first post about it.

Thanks in advance!
compressed has been working since nintendont version 1 ... you either use dmtoolbox or find a cizo or whatever its called compresser.

Reactions: Maxbeta

ccfman2004

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
DMToolbox doesn't compress a GameCube ISO it merely removes the garbage data so the ISO becomes smaller(shrunk). This process is irreversible.

A CISO is basically a shrunk ISO but it should maintain the compatibility of a 1:1 ISO. I'm not sure what tool you use to create a CISO but it is still not technically compressed.

Last edited by ccfman2004,
Reactions: cvskid and Maxbeta

bixxewoscht

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Hello everyone, I came across a strange Problem today.

I updated Nintendont on vWii after not using it for a while and now when using the Super Smash Bros Gamecube Adapter the Gamecube Controller loses connection after playing a for a short time.

Had 2 Controllers plugged in and the Wii U Pro Controller connected and was playing with Controller 1.
Sometimes the game says please plug Controller back in and press A and sometimes it just stops working without a message. Once the Controller in Port 2 worked suddenly after the first one stopped working.

Edit: GC Adapter connected to front USB Ports, I tried changing the grey and black usb from left to right port, didn't change anything.

Also it seems to just occur in NFS Most Wanted and NFS Carbon, both my own new dumps, very strange...

Nintendont Version: 4.437
USB-Loader GX Version: 3.0 r1262

Settings: Wii U- Widescreen ON
Native Controls OFF
HID Controller On
Gamecube Controller I tried 4 and 2 but shouldn't matter on vWii anyways

Thanks in advance for your help.

Last edited by bixxewoscht,

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Hello everyone, I came across a strange Problem today.

I updated Nintendont on vWii after not using it for a while and now when using the Super Smash Bros Gamecube Adapter the Gamecube Controller loses connection after playing a for a short time.

Had 2 Controllers plugged in and the Wii U Pro Controller connected and was playing with Controller 1.
Sometimes the game says please plug Controller back in and press A and sometimes it just stops working without a message. Once the Controller in Port 2 worked suddenly after the first one stopped working.

Edit: GC Adapter connected to front USB Ports, I tried changing the grey and black usb from left to right port, didn't change anything.

Also it seems to just occur in NFS Most Wanted and NFS Carbon, both my own new dumps, very strange...

Nintendont Version: 4.437
USB-Loader GX Version: 3.0 r1262

Settings: Wii U- Widescreen ON
Native Controls OFF
HID Controller On
Gamecube Controller I tried 4 and 2 but shouldn't matter on vWii anyways

Thanks in advance for your help.
please uses nintendont directly from the homebrew channel and try it from there, if it works perfectly from there it might be an issue with the usbloadergx using nintendont.

MilkeyWilkey

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Bolivia
Hi. I have a trouble with disc swapping in Resident Evil 0. When the game has to swap discs the screen turns black and the game freezes. no prompt about changing discs appears and save file became corrupted. Both isos lie in the same folder and named correctly. if I delete disc2.iso, disc changing prompt will apear. both discs are US versions, MD5 checked. I use latest nintendont and USB Loader GX, console is Wii RVL-001 PAL. The only option changed from the defaults - forced PAL60 mode. here is the save file
Thank you

Attachments

• GBZE.rar
    33 KB · Views: 76

OzMcCloud

Trophies
XP
Country
Iceland
Hi, I'm having trouble with using PS4 controller in Nintendont on the WiiU.
I've tried copying and renaming the INI to the root folder (i am using an SD card) but nothing seems to work.

Iv'e pressed the reset button on the ps4 controller before connecting it (in order to disconnect it from the ps4) and also removed the PS4 power cable. The controller is connected to the WiiU with a usb cable. Whenever i am pressing the PS button on the controller the light bar starts blinking for a few seconds but nothing happened (both in game and in the menu).

Any tips?

komabear

Trophies
XP
Country
Bulgaria
Hi everyone, sorry to add one more question to the pile. I got a PS2 USB adapter and it's working great with Nintendont, but it cant detect the L2/R2 buttons pressure I don't think. I've read the thread and it seems I can enable L1 to change the triggers pressure to 50%, but I'm not sure how to enable that.. I've tried doing it but nothing happens (R2 still goes 100%). Any help is appreciated.

bixxewoscht

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
please uses nintendont directly from the homebrew channel and try it from there, if it works perfectly from there it might be an issue with the usbloadergx using nintendont.

I tried that just now and same result... I'll try new dumps later because if nobody has the same problem with the newest Nintendont version it can't be Nintendont's fault I guess.

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
I tried that just now and same result... I'll try new dumps later because if nobody has the same problem with the newest Nintendont version it can't be Nintendont's fault I guess.
also the gc adapter port does matter even on wiiu you should always let the gc controller be on port 1 and then if you want to use a wiiu pro it will skip to number 2 on its own.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Hi. I have a trouble with disc swapping in Resident Evil 0. When the game has to swap discs the screen turns black and the game freezes. no prompt about changing discs appears and save file became corrupted. Both isos lie in the same folder and named correctly. if I delete disc2.iso, disc changing prompt will apear. both discs are US versions, MD5 checked. I use latest nintendont and USB Loader GX, console is Wii RVL-001 PAL. The only option changed from the defaults - forced PAL60 mode. here is the save file
Thank you
did you tryed without force pal 60? also take a picture of your nintendont settings.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Hi, I'm having trouble with using PS4 controller in Nintendont on the WiiU.
I've tried copying and renaming the INI to the root folder (i am using an SD card) but nothing seems to work.

Iv'e pressed the reset button on the ps4 controller before connecting it (in order to disconnect it from the ps4) and also removed the PS4 power cable. The controller is connected to the WiiU with a usb cable. Whenever i am pressing the PS button on the controller the light bar starts blinking for a few seconds but nothing happened (both in game and in the menu).

Any tips?
make sure native is not turned on , also remove any ini you might have and if you have nintendont version 437 the controller has its on typed in ini wich nintendont will use if you dont write a controller ini by itself.

bixxewoscht

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
also the gc adapter port does matter even on wiiu you should always let the gc controller be on port 1 and then if you want to use a wiiu pro it will skip to number 2 on its own.

Yeah that works, I have 2 GC controllers connected and the Wii U Pro Controller is Number 3 but the GC Controller in Port 1 loses Connection after a while.

Last edited by bixxewoscht,

OzMcCloud

Trophies
XP
Country
Iceland
make sure native is not turned on , also remove any ini you might have and if you have nintendont version 437 the controller has its on typed in ini wich nintendont will use if you dont write a controller ini by itself.

Native is turned off and i can't change it on the wiiu.
Iv'e decided to do a clean install, so i deleted all the ini files and controller folders and created the nintendont folder with the boot.ini and meta.xml.
The ps4 controller didn't work. I went to the updated and downloaded the controllers.zip (from within nintendont), restarted it and still the ps4 controller won't work...

Am i missing something?

bananapi761

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I have the controller configuration used for Nintendont on the SD root as controller.ini. I've used a Logitech Cordless Rumblepad 2 and a Dualshock adapter so far, but the controls set in their configuration files aren't very suitable for me, so I used HIDTest to check the button commands and to then edit the configs to what I want, but it always goes to the default controls when I start a game! I'm using Nintendont through USB Loader GX, and I've enabled HID controller in Nintendont's settings and USB Loader GX's.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: I just Luv having CEX :)