Hacking Nintendont

GreyWolf

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No hidden extensions, I checked. i tried copying and pasting what you wrote, but my mac keeps saying that name can't be used. I can only use it without the colon punctuation.

I can't remember how the Mac mounts devices but the path just needs to be a subdirectory of one called "games" in the root of the drive. Ideally you should put the title ID of the game in the folder name.

example: "//games/Cubivore - Survival of the Fittest [GCVEEB]/game.iso"

Nintendont does'nt care what the game's folder name is but some Wii loaders that can launch Nintendont use the title ID in the name if it's there to speed up scanning your game library.

Hndrxx

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
what? take a picture of your sd card root,inside the games folder and then inside an individual game folder.

I have a folder that reads "games". inside that folder is a folder titled "Super Smash Bros Melee". inside that folder is SD/games/Super Smash Bros/game.iso

GreyWolf

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a folder that reads "games". inside that folder is a folder titled "Super Smash Bros Melee". inside that folder is SD/games/Super Smash Bros/game.iso

That's the problem. Just move the game.iso to the "/games/Super Smash Bros Melee/" folder.

All the game ISOs should only be two folders deep: /games/<Game Name>/*.iso

On a Mac assuming your SD card has a volume name and it's "WiiSD" your game should be in "/Volumes/WiiSD/games/Super Smash Bros Melee/game.iso"

The "SD:" in the path is how Wii homebrew refers to storage volumes instead of using mount points.

Hndrxx

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That's the problem. Just move the game.iso to the "/games/Super Smash Bros Melee/" folder.

All the game ISOs should only be two folders deep: /games/<Game Name>/*.iso

On a Mac assuming your SD card has a volume name and it's "WiiSD" your game should be in "/Volumes/WiiSD/games/Super Smash Bros Melee/game.iso"

The "SD:" in the path is how Wii homebrew refers to storage volumes instead of using mount points.
The game iso is inside the smash bros folder. ill try naming my game "/Volumes/WiiSD/games/Super Smash Bros Melee/game.iso" right now.

Hndrxx

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No don't do that. Inside the Super Smash Bros Melee folder the iso should simply be named game.iso
I tried just game.iso inside the smash folder and it didn't show. didn't show for /Volumes/WiiSD/games/Super Smash Bros Melee/game.iso either. only thing that shows is boot gc disc in drive.

ccfman2004

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sho
I tried just game.iso inside the smash folder and it didn't show. didn't show for /Volumes/WiiSD/games/Super Smash Bros Melee/game.iso either. only thing that shows is boot gc disc in drive.
Show us a screenshot of the iso inside the Smash Bros folder. Just use "Command+Shift+4" then drag your mouse from the top left of the window to the bottom right. Make sure the View --> Show Path Bar says Hide Path Bar instead.

Reactions: GreyWolf

Hndrxx

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sho

Show us a screenshot of the iso inside the Smash Bros folder. Just use "Command+Shift+4" then drag your mouse from the top left of the window to the bottom right. Make sure the View --> Show Path Bar says Hide Path Bar instead.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2017-02-24 at 9.27.29 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2017-02-24 at 9.27.29 PM.png
    3.3 KB · Views: 166

ccfman2004

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I wanted to see the folder path to make sure everything looks right. When you turn on the Show Path Bar it puts it at the bottom of the window. Something like what I attached.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2017-02-24 at 9.30.57 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2017-02-24 at 9.30.57 PM.png
    1.4 KB · Views: 168

ccfman2004

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Could this be a hidden Mac partition problem, maybe? Can you post a screenshot of the SD card info in Disk Utility?
Hidden Partition don't typically show up in Disk Utility for some reason. For that you have to go to the System Information --> USB or Card Reader depending on your Mac. Then select the SD card. It will then show all partitions.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2017-02-24 at 10.51.03 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2017-02-24 at 10.51.03 PM.png
    15.7 KB · Views: 149
  • Screen Shot 2017-02-24 at 10.52.19 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2017-02-24 at 10.52.19 PM.png
    7.7 KB · Views: 166

Hndrxx

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hidden Partition don't typically show up in Disk Utility for some reason. For that you have to go to the System Information --> USB or Card Reader depending on your Mac. Then select the SD card. It will then show all partitions.
I only saw 1 partition when i checked the info in disk utility

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    rqkaiju2 @ rqkaiju2: yeehaw