Persona Secretiva Felineus
Global Moderator
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Canada
I mean, like what time of day? Is it consistent? I'm wondering if an issue with the time detected by the BIOS is affecting something, as it's one of the few things read by the BIOS from the console, aside from the date and various things in "options"
Around 8pm-2am
Like i said, i will test again later tonight.

Reactions: TotalInsanity4

sonictopfan

Trophies
XP
Country
I mean, like what time of day? Is it consistent? I'm wondering if an issue with the time detected by the BIOS is affecting something, as it's one of the few things read by the BIOS from the console, aside from the date and various things in "options"
You're joking, right? This isn't an issue with the bios, this is an issue with the way Nintendont handles the bios screen in recent versions, I have this issue all the time, sometimes I play in the morning (weekends) sometimes I play at night, sometimes in the afternoon, and I'm not the only Wii user at house (even though it's actually mine) yet it happens just about any time!

VinsCool

Global Moderator
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Canada
You're joking, right? This isn't an issue with the bios, this is an issue with the way Nintendont handles the bios screen in recent versions, I have this issue all the time, sometimes I play in the morning (weekends) sometimes I play at night, sometimes in the afternoon, and I'm not the only Wii user at house (even though it's actually mine) yet it happens just about any time!
I will do my tests later and tell you what I get.
I had the issue and I want to know why.

TotalInsanity4

GBAtemp Supreme Overlord
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

I wasn't joking. I'm trying to think slightly abstractly, especially after the WiiConnect24 issue. The console's time is something that the BIOS reads, even during the opening animation, along with the other things I've mentioned. They may or may not be the culprits, but I'm trying to suggest variables that aren't user-controlled

Gidy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Okay, this isn't a problem with Nintendont, rather my Wii, but since I'm using Nintendont for my gamecube iso's and I'm quite inexperienced when it comes to Wii modding, I might as well ask here.

Every time I load a gamecube game, any game, it's always inconsistently freezes within the first friggin' minute of loading the game and it struggles getting from section to section of the game. I've tested this with Melee, Mario Power Tennis, and Zelda Twilight Princess. It always freezes and takes forever loading, again, within the first minute. The sound is also very scratchy/screechy and nowhere near what the game actually sounds like. It's just a bunch of crackling. I thought at first I had a bad iso, but after testing this with Dios Mios and many other iso's this isn't the game. What should I do?

VinsCool

Global Moderator
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Canada
Okay, this isn't a problem with Nintendont, rather my Wii, but since I'm using Nintendont for my gamecube iso's and I'm quite inexperienced when it comes to Wii modding, I might as well ask here.

Every time I load a gamecube game, any game, it's always inconsistently freezes within the first friggin' minute of loading the game and it struggles getting from section to section of the game. I've tested this with Melee, Mario Power Tennis, and Zelda Twilight Princess. It always freezes and takes forever loading, again, within the first minute. The sound is also very scratchy/screechy and nowhere near what the game actually sounds like. It's just a bunch of crackling. I thought at first I had a bad iso, but after testing this with Dios Mios and many other iso's this isn't the game. What should I do?

From what device is your games loaded? SD card or USB drive? Nintendont version?
Also, It may be related to drive's speed. Be sure it is formated to fat32 with 32k clusters. Smaller clusters slows down read/write speed.

Gidy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
From what device is your games loaded? SD card or USB drive? Nintendont version?
Also, It may be related to drive's speed. Be sure it is formated to fat32 with 32k clusters. Smaller clusters slows down read/write speed.

I'm using a USB Drive. It is set to fat32 but how do I know if it has 32k clusters?

VinsCool

Global Moderator
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Canada
I'm using a USB Drive. It is set to fat32 but how do I know if it has 32k clusters?

Use the software called "FAT32 formater" select your drive, and select the option in clusters 32000 and so Kb.

Also: sonictopfan lag and video distortion started from rev 320 for me. Even if I loaded nintendont through HBC. Will test until 325. So yeah latest version which hasn't had lag is version 3.319

EDIT2: ok, so revisions 320-322 are the versions to avoid. I made my first report from version 321, so that made sens now. I really don't know what happened, but to me it seems like rev 323 fixed the problem on my side.

Gidy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Use the software called "FAT32 formater" select your drive, and select the option in clusters 32000 and so Kb.

Also: sonictopfan lag and video distortion started from rev 320 for me. Even if I loaded nintendont through HBC. Will test until 325. So yeah latest version which hasn't had lag is version 3.319

EDIT2: ok, so revisions 320-322 are the versions to avoid. I made my first report from version 321, so that made sens now. I really don't know what happened, but to me it seems like rev 323 fixed the problem on my side.

I set it for 32000. I'll try to see if it works tomorrow but while I was waiting I also tried a different drive, which didn't work. I'm using Nintendont 1.0, which is under the released versions tab. Not sure if that helps but I don't see how it would since it didn't work with Dios Mios either...

VinsCool

Global Moderator
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Canada
I set it for 32000. I'll try to see if it works tomorrow but while I was waiting I also tried a different drive, which didn't work. I'm using Nintendont 1.0, which is under the released versions tab. Not sure if that helps but I don't see how it would since it didn't work with Dios Mios either...

Ahah! That's the problem!
Use this version here
rename loader.dol to boot.dol and replace your dol file from 1.0 folder you installed.

EDIT: I want to add about video lag in bios screen: It happens randomly from a fresh boot from system menu. Started in version 3.320 for me. Yesterday I said It didn't happen in rev 325, but actually, it has small chances to happen too. Seriously, I really don't know how I could explain that weirdest issue I experienced. Everytime I tested a revision was from a complete reboot of my WiiU.
pedro702, I hope now you understand sonic, ABZ and my problem now. It IS replicable. Not only I get lag, but also video distortion. I tried revision 319 to 325 4-5 times each, after a complete reboot of my WiiU.
I hope now everyone sees it indeed happen :) I spent a quite good time tracking this, and this is my final word on the bios lag issue.

Gidy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ahah! That's the problem!
Use this version here
rename loader.dol to boot.dol and replace your dol file from 1.0 folder you installed.

EDIT: I want to add about video lag in bios screen: It happens randomly from a fresh boot from system menu. Started in version 3.320 for me. Yesterday I said It didn't happen in rev 325, but actually, it has small chances to happen too. Seriously, I really don't know how I could explain that weirdest issue I experienced. Everytime I tested a revision was from a complete reboot of my WiiU.
pedro702, I hope now you understand sonic, ABZ and my problem now. It IS replicable. Not only I get lag, but also video distortion. I tried revision 319 to 325 4-5 times each, after a complete reboot of my WiiU.
I hope now everyone sees it indeed happen :) I spent a quite good time tracking this, and this is my final word on the bios lag issue.

Fixed! Thank you so much.

sonictopfan

Trophies
XP
Country
I remember having the lag in r3.325 which is why I downgraded, I'll do some testing today and get back here to report which revisions have the lag since 319+ and which don't!

I wasn't joking. I'm trying to think slightly abstractly, especially after the WiiConnect24 issue. The console's time is something that the BIOS reads, even during the opening animation, along with the other things I've mentioned. They may or may not be the culprits, but I'm trying to suggest variables that aren't user-controlled
Alright then, but yeah I don't have a specific time of playing and it's not like the issue happens occasionally, I can confirm in my end it happens very often and it happens any time!

sonictopfan

Trophies
XP
Country
Alright so I did some more testing with the bios lag issue, here are the results:

-r3.319 = no lag
-r3.320 = no lag
-r3.321 = lag
-r3.322 = lag
-r3.323 = lag
-r3.324 = lag
-r3.325 = lag

So the issue started with r3.321 and is still present in r3.325, so at this point I'm settling for r3.320 as my definitive version.

And while we're at it, Midway Arcade Treasures 2 still have that noise in the start up, and Sonic Mega Collection still has the audio delay the first time you pick a game, but once you bring up the Z menu and the game seems to run fine, played for an hour with no problem!

Once again, I'm NOT demanding a fix, nor am asking for one, I'm ONLY reporting any and all weird behaviors I noticed!

Oh and for those who updated USB-Loader GX then had issues that asks for the dol file to run Gamecube games, just choose "default settings" in the game settings and this should take care of the issue.

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
why dont people know how to read? why are you using version 1.0 when the latest version is 325?

Why dont the devs remove the 1.0 link from the OP its ridiculous the ammount of people we had that use that link, the link shouldnt be in the OP imo.

steviebwoy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Is Nintendont region free? By that I mean; if I have a UK Wii, do I have to use European GCN ISOs?

I'm having a bit of trouble getting Timesplitters Future Perfect to work (it keeps crashing during one of the first Challenges), and wondering whether I can use a different ISO. Has anyone else had any problems with this game?

Osha

Weh
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Is Nintendont region free? By that I mean; if I have a UK Wii, do I have to use European GCN ISOs?

I'm having a bit of trouble getting Timesplitters Future Perfect to work (it keeps crashing during one of the first Challenges), and wondering whether I can use a different ISO. Has anyone else had any problems with this game?
It is. My WiiU is PAL, and most of my iso are NTSC-U.

Reactions: steviebwoy

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bgCjp3-rF_Y