Hacking Nintendont

Garfunkiel

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sonictopfan: I have a 100% Mario Power Tennis (NTSC) save I can upload, if you still need it.

ShadowOne333: If you want to fully 100% MGS: Twin Snakes, you'll need to play it once on each of the five difficulties and collect every dog tag (by holding up enemies) on each difficulty. Also, get both of the two endings. Honestly you'd be best off playing it on Extreme (or the difficulty of your choice) and then downloading a save from GameFAQs with all of the dog tags.

Reactions: ShadowOne333

ShadowOne333

QVID PRO QVO
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Sonictopfan: I have a 100% Mario Power Tennis (NTSC) save I can upload, if you still need it.

ShadowOne333: If you want to fully 100% MGS: Twin Snakes, you'll need to play it once on each of the five difficulties and collect every dog tag (by holding up enemies) on each difficulty. Also, get both of the two endings. Honestly you'd be best off playing it on Extreme (or the difficulty of your choice) and then downloading a save from GameFAQs with all of the dog tags.

Damn, 5 playthroughs and every dog tag?
Yep, GameFAQs and just one playthrough sounds way better. XD

Howard

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think you need two playthroughs to get every possible item in the game. At least it was that way in the PSX version, haven't given myself time to play this one yet :P

I just went to check the issue you mentioned and it seems to be a different scenario from what sonictopfan is talking about. Apparently, using MC set to Multi would break disc swapping for him, i'll test it now just in case.

Edit: Okay, i tried using loadergx, changing Tales of Symphonia settings to MC Multi and loading disc 2. After formatting the new memory card and choosing new game, it asks for the disc 1 and gets stuck on Checking Game Disc. And I couldn't use Select to go back to the loader either, so i guess nintendont itself freezes. Using Individual MC it works as expected.
Can you retest it again with MC Multi on but the card size set to 2M. We want to test the theory that it isnt that MC Multi is on but when people are turning it on they are creating bigger cards.

faku1810

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
Can you retest it again with MC Multi on but the card size set to 2M. We want to test the theory that it isnt that MC Multi is on but when people are turning it on they are creating bigger cards.

Sorry, didn't read your post until now. LoaderGX forces the ninmem.raw to be 16 mb so I had to launch nintendont from HBC to test this. After setting Memory card to Multi with 251 blocks, Disc swapping worked perfectly with ToS (loading disc 2 then choosing new game), so it's possible that the filesize is at fault here. But I'll try loading from nintendont with a 16 mb memory card just to be sure it's not a loader vs nintendont thing.

Edit: Confirmed that with 16mb Multi MC disc swapping won't work.

fish & chips

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
It seems Capcom Vs. SNK 2 EO (NTSC US) is having issues since r149 when you try to boot it with Force Progressive enabled. It was working fine until r148 but since r149 it tries to load and gets stuck on a black screen with a loud beeping noise similar to what happened on earlier revisions of Nintendont. Emulated memory card seems to get corrupted when this happens because the only way out is to turn the Wii off. If the game is started with Force Progressive disabled it boots fine. The issue is still happening with r152 and other games I've tried seem to have no issue.

I'm using an NTSC-U Wii (not Wii U) that has Gamecube Controller ports, a Gamecube Controller and component cables.

sonictopfan

Trophies
XP
Country
Swap disc still doesn't work with "multi" save option, could be because my ninmem.raw is 16 MB I dunno but it doesn't work, Jap saves work fine with ninmemj.raw, thanks for the update, I have like 6 Japanese games in my collection and it's nice to have them all share one save file instead!

Reactions: ShadowOne333

quepaso

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I am using a original wii with a wavebird attached. According to the wiki, F-Zero GX, Skies Of Arcadia Legends and Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles all work shrunk, i've tried several revisions including 148 and 152 of nintendont, and the games turn off the wii after loading from nintendont. 100+ other games all work fine. I've verified the dumps from redump and they all check out. In dolphin on PC, all 3 shrunk games work fine. I've also tried the full ISOs verified without them being shrunk, and all 3 work perfectly. I am using DiscEX-v0.8-cred with the -c -a command. As stated, 100+ other games tested shrunk using exact same tool and command, works fine, these 3 power off the wii. Any help?

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
I am using a original wii with a wavebird attached. According to the wiki, F-Zero GX, Skies Of Arcadia Legends and Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles all work shrunk, i've tried several revisions including 148 and 152 of nintendont, and the games turn off the wii after loading from nintendont. 100+ other games all work fine. I've verified the dumps from redump and they all check out. In dolphin on PC, all 3 shrunk games work fine. I've also tried the full ISOs verified without them being shrunk, and all 3 work perfectly. I am using DiscEX-v0.8-cred with the -c -a command. As stated, 100+ other games tested shrunk using exact same tool and command, works fine, these 3 power off the wii. Any help?
if they are shrunk try the full you never know if the shrunk was put green on nintendont compat when it wasnt or got lost along the way, try the full is all i can advice you for.

faku1810

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
if they are shrunk try the full you never know if the shrunk was put green on nintendont compat when it wasnt or got lost along the way, try the full is all i can advice you for.

He already did, though, and he said full isos work fine. quepaso , maybe you should try using a different software to shrunk your isos, try doing a search on this thread for the terms "shrunk" or "discex", idk.. If you still can't get it to work, then maybe you can just leave them be? I understand you want the extra space, but three games that don't work shrunk aren't that big a deal. In any case you'd have to edit the compatibility list, as it is not 100% accurate either, people can make mistakes sometimes.

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
i sugest the DMtool box force 32k alligment and it works on everything until now it never failled me, i had use the GC iso tool and that would break some games for me while shrinking while DMtoolbox doesnt.

Reactions: _47iscool

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
After setting Memory card to Multi with 251 blocks, Disc swapping worked perfectly with ToS (loading disc 2 then choosing new game), so it's possible that the filesize is at fault here. But I'll try loading from nintendont with a 16 mb memory card just to be sure it's not a loader vs nintendont thing.
Edit: Confirmed that with 16mb Multi MC disc swapping won't work.
Did you try which max size we can use until it break the swapping feature?
Either I'll set that value in USBGX, or I'll let the user choose the size even for multi (though, I tried to prevent users from choosing a 59blocs card for multi, they will fill it really quickly)

faku1810

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
Did you try which max size we can use until it break the swapping feature?
Either I'll set that value in USBGX, or I'll let the user choose the size even for multi (though, I tried to prevent users from choosing a 59blocs card for multi, they will fill it really quickly)

I just tested it, it seems an 8mb memory card works fine as well. so the only issue would be with the 16mb MC. I'll see if I can try a couple more games to be sure though.

Edit: Tried with Baten Kaitos and it worked with the 8mb card, but the 16mb one would make it freeze.

MassiveRican

GBATemp's Unofficial Vigilante
Trophies
XP
Country
try DiscEx v0.9 with -c -a or DM Toolbox as Crediar himself said that v0.8 had issues shrinking games and aligning them which were fixed in 0.9

Walker D

I have a hat
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Cyan, could you fix a link on the OP that is broken?

It's the nmm to gci converter's link on "Can I convert savegames between DIOS MIOS and Nintendont?" ...it should be linking to here now

Slartibartfast42

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
A little off-topic:
I wanted a Paper Mario U... I love Paper Mario and I don't have a 3DS to play Stcker Star....

On-topic:
Now we have to wait to having the others games like Sonic Adventure 1 working, but Nintendont have other priorities, anyway, the current developement of Nintendont is quick for me.

Sticker Star is terrible, don't worry about it. Super Paper Mario U will come eventually. Have faith.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/zzu0VHzy7tU?si=V2sI-JSptJg0SWmC