Hacking Nintendont

darkseekerliu

Advanced Player
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Man, is there any way to make Nintendont compatible with ntfs, I would be happy with my wbfs and games folders in the same hdd. Oh, and greetings and many many thanks.

Man just use fat32. Format you hard drive with a 32kb cluster, set it as primary and active partition. Create a folder called "wbfs" and put you wii games there. Create a folder called "GAMES" and put your gamecube games there. Simple like that.

Reactions: faku1810

gothicall

Blah blah blah!
Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia
Man just use fat32. Format you hard drive with a 32kb cluster, set it as primary and active partition. Create a folder called "wbfs" and put you wii games there. Create a folder called "GAMES" and put your gamecube games there. Simple like that.

Well, actually, not at all. I use my Hdd for more than only wii isos, and ntfs support files bigger than 4GB, so that's not a possibility.

faku1810

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
Well, actually, not at all. I use my Hdd for more than only wii isos, and ntfs support files bigger than 4GB, so that's not a possibility.

The wii wbfs files can be "split" to fit in a FAT32 HDD and still work perfectly, so that's not a problem at all (I use it like that). So what else can you have in the HDD that's over 4GB and can't be used in a FAT32 HDD? I'm sorry, but IMO that kind of reason isn't enough to ask the devs to put time into adding ntfs support when there are more important things like compatibility, MC support, etc.

darkseekerliu

Advanced Player
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Fine just create 02 partitions on your hdd, create a first and primary and active fat32 partition for all you gamecube/wii games and another NTFS partition for other stuff. Just like fakul1810 said, the wii backup managers can split the games that are 4+GB and they work fine with no problems at all.

Leonidas87

Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Canada

Is this how a drive needs to be set to prevent the error 12 message I've been getting?

Was not sure how to specifically set up the drive to work with Nintendont and now maybe I'll try this.

darkseekerliu

Advanced Player
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Is this how a drive needs to be set to prevent the error 12 message I've been getting?

Was not sure how to specifically set up the drive to work with Nintendont and now maybe I'll try this.

I've never seen this error, but my HDD is set up this way and it is working perfect on my wii / wii u - if you setup your hardrive this way, you also will be able to use Dios Mios on real wii and wii usb loaders will work as well since they look for gamecubes on GAMES folder and Wii games at wbfs folder.

Give it a try and repport back.

faku1810

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina

I've never heard of an error 12 (except in post you made before) so I don't know what exactly might be the cause.. If I'm right though, it should happen after it's reached the point of Init CARD.. so maybe it's an issue with your memory card, like read/write permissions or something.. Does this happen even if you disable MCEmu?

Maybe it would help to know what else do you see besides that error number.

naxil

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
A new diosmios version is out.. 2.11. The fatFs is the addon for make dm fast like nin? A wii is a very good gamecube! Thank i very much coder!
Any chance for more triiforce compatibility? Or make quadforce like nin? Iam talking about speed . Mariokart gp1 is 2x fast on n nin. But on quadforce we can save!g

boomario

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
A new diosmios version is out.. 2.11. The fatFs is the addon for make dm fast like nin? A wii is a very good gamecube! Thank i very much coder!
Any chance for more triiforce compatibility? Or make quadforce like nin? Iam talking about speed . Mariokart gp1 is 2x fast on n nin. But on quadforce we can save!g
I think Crediar got a triforce hardware and he's trying to understand how it works properly before doing any anything about that games. Meanwhile, keep using quadforce if you can.
About DM, yes, the loading times are way quicker in almost games.

ShadowOne333

QVID PRO QVO
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Seriously?
Watch the Google Code page, Nintendon't is already compatible with Mario Kart GP1, GP2 also boots but hangs at the camera
screen. F-Zero AX is compatible with cheat codes in F-Zero GX.

faku1810

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
Seriously?
Watch the Google Code page, Nintendon't is already compatible with Mario Kart GP1, GP2 also boots but hangs at the camera
screen. F-Zero AX is compatible with cheat codes in F-Zero GX.

Read what he said.. GP1 works but it's twice as fast in nintendont, and apparently you can't save in those games yet, but in quadforce you can but it works at half the speed... So I guess he's asking if they can add save support to nintendont, or more speed to quadforce. Something like that.

ShadowOne333

QVID PRO QVO
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Read what he said.. GP1 works but it's twice as fast in nintendont, and apparently you can't save in those games yet, but in quadforce you can but it works at half the speed... So I guess he's asking if they can add save support to nintendont, or more speed to quadforce. Something like that.

He did say something about more Triforce, whatother games are there but those 3 and VT?

faku1810

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
He did say something about more Triforce, whatother games are there but those 3 and VT?

He said "more triforce compatibility", not exactly "more games"; so he might have been talking about the speed and save support, the freezing in GP2, all that stuff falls into "compatibility issues". Edit: Also, in Dolphin's wiki, the Triforce page has a list with a few more games, though most of them seem to be Japan only.

gothicall

Blah blah blah!
Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia
Fine just create 02 partitions on your hdd, create a first and primary and active fat32 partition for all you gamecube/wii games and another NTFS partition for other stuff. Just like fakul1810 said, the wii backup managers can split the games that are 4+GB and they work fine with no problems at all.
Hmmm, you won, I'll gotta try it.

gothicall

Blah blah blah!
Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia
I was trying to avoid that option, but having nothing else...

bobmcjr

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I was trying to avoid that option, but having nothing else...
I had to do the same thing (PS3 games are big). For best results, use easus partition manager or some other fancier partition manager to shift the ntfs partition over and create the fat32 partition at the front of the disk (and don't lose power/unplug during the process).

Reactions: gothicall

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    My gaming stick can finally get use
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I did see Walmart got new electric scooters now ab won't run out of juice in the middle of the parking lot
    +1
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    :O:O:O $12. Cool
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Yeah but one two ports
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I'd rather spend like $15 more for double
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Lol hogwarts legacy has a Arachnophobia setting to turn on
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I'd rather spend like $150 more for a surround receiver.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I bought the game at launch never fucked with it until recently
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Its fun, I like it, even tho I'm not a big harry potter fan. Like a wizard rpg. Flying around on a broomstick is cool.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Flying sucks ass on it
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Nuh just takes a min to get used to. I think you can upgrade or buy new broomstick also that are better.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I weirdly like inverted controls on all flying type games
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Prob can change it, inverted flying controls.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Only thing that annoys me is trying to find wtf to do in it
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Alright off to the store, later gators.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Some places amaze me were not in network with your insurance would you still like an appointment
    +1
    uhhh, I think I'll just stick with my PSP 3001
    lol, Now I gotta go to the store for more Coffee Mate n other stuff.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    i downloaded final fantasy vii into my tv stick
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    i mean, the game was already there but its the japanese version
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    and i only downloaded disc 1 so far bc of storage stuff
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: and i only downloaded disc 1 so far bc of storage stuff