Hacking Nintendont

g0ldfinGa

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I have a wireless PS3 remote that plugs in with a usb dongle, its not Bluetooth. Will these work with this or does it have to be usb and wired for it to work?

Maxternal

Peanut Gallery Spokesman
Trophies
Website
gbadev.googlecode.com
XP
Country
So I have a wireless PS3 remote that plugs in with a usb dongle, its not Bluetooth. Will these work with this or does it have to be usb and wired for it to work?
As long as what it's connecting through is plugged into a USB port and the it's only seen by the software as a standard USB HID device, other details about what happens between the USB port and the buttons you press don't matter.

Test it with HIDtest and see if it sees it. I don't think you've got anything to lose.

g0ldfinGa

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ill look into it, I just tried plugging in the usb dongle and it doesn't light up like it does on the PC when its plugged in, tried on the front and back ports on the WiiU.

DarkenSX

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
not to rain on a good idea and work but why not just port the Dolphin emulator? or build off of it to make this as it has good compatibility with alot of titles already.

obcd

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Because Dolphin is an emulator.
It needs far more processing power and memory than the wiiu in vwii mode can deliver to it.
Nintendon't uses the same programming techniques as devolution. Basically, the same compatibility should be possible.

Nemesis90

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I meant SD card compatibility

I've tested these and they all work.
http://www.amazon.com/SanDisk-Class...id=1389178746&sr=8-4&keywords=1gb+wii+sd+card
http://www.amazon.com/SanDisk-Gamin...d=1389178824&sr=8-15&keywords=1gb+wii+sd+card
http://www.amazon.com/SanDisk-Gamin...id=1389179058&sr=8-1&keywords=2gb+wii+sd+card
http://www.amazon.com/Sandisk-128GB...qid=1389179994&sr=8-2&keywords=128+gb+sd+card

Honestly i think a list should be made, it's going to be quite some time before we see any kind USB compatibility. It'd be the productive list to make so we don't get more false reports of games not working.

Reactions: WarMachine77

megazig

SU
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Because Dolphin is an emulator.
It needs far more processing power and memory than the wiiu in vwii mode can deliver to it.
Nintendon't uses the same programming techniques as devolution. Basically, the same compatibility should be possible.

it does not use the same techniques as devolution

Adeka

Beta Tester
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Emulation isn't possible in vWii, its just not strong enough

We need Wii U Brew to make an emulator for gamecube

the 3ds gateway actually gave me an idea but i'm not sure if its possible for vWii. Make EmuNand on the SD card to make the wiiU think it has a mios. We could install dios mios on the EmuNand and someone can make a launcher that supports it.

But as I said, it's just an idea and I doubt its possible

metroid maniac

An idiot with an opinion
Trophies
XP
Country
Emulation isn't possible in vWii, its just not strong enough

We need Wii U Brew to make an emulator for gamecube

the 3ds gateway actually gave me an idea but i'm not sure if its possible for vWii. Make EmuNand on the SD card to make the wiiU think it has a mios. We could install dios mios on the EmuNand and someone can make a launcher that supports it.

But as I said, it's just an idea and I doubt its possible

Even if that works, how are you going to control it with no way to insert gamecube controllers?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Pissing in a pee bottle