Hacking Nintendont

WiisleyU

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
When I load GC games with CFG USB Loader the Nintendont options are reseted, all is set to OFF, including Wii U Widescreen and Mem Card Emulation. Is there a way to load from there keeping the Nintendont settings I already have configured?

GreyWolf

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
When I load GC games with CFG USB Loader the Nintendont options are reseted, all is set to OFF, including Wii U Widescreen and Mem Card Emulation. Is there a way to load from there keeping the Nintendont settings I already have configured?

Sounds like the CFG version you're using doesn't know about later Nintendont settings. This is the only version that's still being maintained as far as I know.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

@FIX94 I sent you a PR for the kernel makefile. :P

WiisleyU

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Sounds like the CFG version you're using doesn't know about later Nintendont settings. This is the only version that's still being maintained as far as I know.

@FIX94 I sent you a PR for the kernel makefile. :P

This version is capable to load Wii games from SD as well? If it do so I can use it!

I am using exactly this version of CFG USB Loader and having this issue, it's sad but thanks :/

GreyWolf

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This version is capable to load Wii games from SD as well? If it do so I can use it!

I am using exactly this version of CFG USB Loader and having this issue, it's sad but thanks :/

Let him know in that thread. He may have not updated his fork to support the newest Nintendont config version.

EDIT: I went and looked at that version's source and it's using Nintendont config v6. The latest is v8 so that's probably why it's not working properly.

Last edited by GreyWolf,
Reactions: WiisleyU

MartU

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Got a simple, or maybe a hard question.

Most emulators are ported to WiiU too as far as I saw, no need to softmod the Wii part on WiiU.

Nintendont only runs in vWii on WiiU now. Is a port that runs straight through the WiiU homebrew/CFW possible too in the future? As most problems on WiiU occur within the softmodded vWii part as far as I read into it, I would like to stay away from sofmodding the Wii part of WiiU. A native Nintendont for WiiU would be great, if possible ofcourse.

I aint a technical/coding guy so could talk total impossible nonsense now.... Sorry if that is the case.

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Got a simple, or maybe a hard question.

Most emulators are ported to WiiU too as far as I saw, no need to softmod the Wii part on WiiU.

Nintendont only runs in vWii on WiiU now. Is a port that runs straight through the WiiU homebrew/CFW possible too in the future? As most problems on WiiU occur within the softmodded vWii part as far as I read into it, I would like to stay away from sofmodding the Wii part of WiiU. A native Nintendont for WiiU would be great, if possible ofcourse.

I aint a technical/coding guy so could talk total impossible nonsense now.... Sorry if that is the case.
nintendont is not an emulator, it cant be "ported" becuase wiiu mode has no gx processor only gx2 wich is vastly diferent nintendont does not emulate cpu or graphics its all wiis so no it cant be simply "ported" it would need an graphic emulator wich the wiiu mode probably couldnt even pull off without adding fps drops and lag.

if you mod your vwii following the correct tutorials its so easy like modding the original wii lol its preety easy.

MartU

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Not saying vWii modding is not easy, softmodded my good old Wii too.

Just saying I read on this forum that if WiiU bricks happen it is often because of something going bad within modded vWii.

Anyways, yeah already read that Nintendont is no straight emulator, but was just curious if it would be a possibility. Thanks for the reply. Gotta go softmod vWii then as my Gamecube adapter needs some more action than just Super Smash Bros WiiU

GerbilSoft

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I replaced my Wii HDD with an SSD now, so sometime tonight this weekend I'll post a test build that adds extra debugging for CheckForMultiGameAndRegion() errors. Instead of just saying an error occurred, it shows what error occurred and what file it's trying to load. This should help us figure out why it's failing for some users.

Also, I've received mostly positive feedback from the Slot B branch, so I might send a PR over the weekend. If you want to test it out:
Testing instructions are listed here: https://github.com/FIX94/Nintendont/issues/200#issuecomment-268029254

Last edited by GerbilSoft, , Reason: +space

DarthDub

Amateur Hacker
Trophies
Website
www.gaiaonline.com
XP
Country
United States
Not saying vWii modding is not easy, softmodded my good old Wii too.

Just saying I read on this forum that if WiiU bricks happen it is often because of something going bad within modded vWii.

Anyways, yeah already read that Nintendont is no straight emulator, but was just curious if it would be a possibility. Thanks for the reply. Gotta go softmod vWii then as my Gamecube adapter needs some more action than just Super Smash Bros WiiU
If you look around, you might find a thread about booting from Wii U Homebrew Launcher straight to vWii Homebrew Channel via an app. You can replace the path from Homebrew Channel to Nintendont if you install a Forwarder for it. (Wad)

Reactions: cvskid

_47iscool

Noticer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
GUGE69 NFS Underground 2's ccar engine sound glitches randomly on latest ND. Default settings tried and still glitches. Ran from USB btw.

Hopefully someone else will test to verify...and yes, my gcm is redump. org verified.

Last edited by _47iscool,

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
GUGE69 NFS Underground 2's ccar engine sound glitches randomly on latest ND. Default settings tried and still glitches. Ran from USB btw.

Hopefully someone else will test to verify...and yes, my gcm is redump. org verified.
take a picture of your nintendont settings.

terns21

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I dont want to backread all 1796 pages, so am just gonna ask here... i read in the first page that nintendont support USB-HID controller...does this mean i can use my ps3 controller controller on my wii using a usb-cable? can i rely on links provided to give the latest version? I donwloaded mine at wiibrew.... and according to this thread i have to download a new boot.dol once i installed nintendont? and lastly, how come the nintendont i downloaded comes with 2 folder, 1 apps and 1 controllers... should i place them on the root of my sd card?

additional question: is 1GB SD enough?

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
I dont want to backread all 1796 pages, so am just gonna ask here... i read in the first page that nintendont support USB-HID controller...does this mean i can use my ps3 controller controller on my wii using a usb-cable? can i rely on links provided to give the latest version? I donwloaded mine at wiibrew.... and according to this thread i have to download a new boot.dol once i installed nintendont? and lastly, how come the nintendont i downloaded comes with 2 folder, 1 apps and 1 controllers... should i place them on the root of my sd card?

additional question: is 1GB SD enough?
latest nintendont is on github you can get it here
https://github.com/FIX94/Nintendont/raw/a1e4a337f903f5d229c658f5bcf61ab4de372ba7/loader/loader.dol

just rename it to boot.dol and replce it on your apps folder of nintendont.

you can delete the controllers folder is not needed anymore.

yes you can straight up use your ps3 controller as long as its usb connected every time.

all full gc disc dumps are 1.35 gb each so yeah 1 gb isnt really even enough, you can shrink the games but its not recomended due to some games and some toolls and even then 1gb isnt enough really.

terns21

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
latest nintendont is on github you can get it here
https://github.com/FIX94/Nintendont/raw/a1e4a337f903f5d229c658f5bcf61ab4de372ba7/loader/loader.dol

just rename it to boot.dol and replce it on your apps folder of nintendont.

you can delete the controllers folder is not needed anymore.

yes you can straight up use your ps3 controller as long as its usb connected every time.

all full gc disc dumps are 1.35 gb each so yeah 1 gb isnt really even enough, you can shrink the games but its not recomended due to some games and some toolls and even then 1gb isnt enough really.

tnx! but my gc games are in my HDD not in my SD... so is 1GB sd card enough? BTW, i dont know what a "disc dump" mean, am just assuming saving your gc games in your sd card.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/WOppJ92RgGU?si=KE79L6A_3jESsGQM