Hacking Nintendont

the_randomizer

The Temp's official fox whisperer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The wiimote is a nice controller for FPS, but Gamecube version has better visual than Wii. they removed some visual and special effects on Wii :(

If it's your first time playing it, try completing it :)
it has a good "metroid feeling", more adventure than FPS.
and yes, you have a lot of area to explore. a lot of searches to do too.

Thanks for the patches.

That's weird, I could've sworn MP 1 had added visual effects like bloom lighting :unsure: Also, that collision detection was improved with doors, maybe I'm wrong.

jammybudga777

Trophies
XP
Country
(burnout 2) and (casper spirate dimension) are the only ones i found so far today. the reason i noticed this is because burnout 2 kinda worked ages ago but the latest revs it kept crashing. so today i turned off emulated mc for just that game and it works fine

fariasluciano

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
(burnout 2) and (casper spirate dimension) are the only ones i found so far today. the reason i noticed this is because burnout 2 kinda worked ages ago but the latest revs it kept crashing. so today i turned off emulated mc for just that game and it works fine
Crashes during gameplay randomly or on the boot?

jammybudga777

Trophies
XP
Country
on boot. burnout would load the bios and crash right at the end of the bios. and casper just would not load at all. but i turned mc emu of on both games and i played the first couple of levels no problem! do you think it could be my iso's?

fariasluciano

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
on boot. burnout would load the bios and crash right at the end of the bios. and casper just would not load at all. but i turned mc emu of on both games and i played the first couple of levels no problem! do you think it could be my iso's?
I think It may be a possibility. They're compressed or 1:1?

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
i can garantee you, you have bad isos burnout 2 was played by fix with mcemu and never had issues im preety sure both of your casper and burnout isos are bad isos, check the md5 with redump.

Or make sure you werent forcing anything on them that could be harmfull.

Mr. Mysterio

Super Genius
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I tested your mod, I like the option to set my own background of choice with a click of a button, pretty neat, but I couldn't find the GC bios effect you mentioned, is it like an option?
The BIOS animation only plays when you boot a game from a loader. For example, if you select a GameCube game in CFG Loader mod (and it is set to boot with Nintendont), then as soon as the screen goes black when it loads my mod, everything will look exactly as it did on the real GameCube. The animation will play, then the game will start. If you want to see a video of it in action, you can watch the one I posted when I first released my mod.

Reactions: sonictopfan

fariasluciano

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
The BIOS animation only plays when you boot a game from a loader. For example, if you select a GameCube game in CFG Loader mod (and it is set to boot with Nintendont), then as soon as the screen goes black when it loads my mod, everything will look exactly as it did on the real GameCube. The animation will play, then the game will start. If you want to see a video of it in action, you can watch the one I posted when I first released my mod.
I can say it's perfect.
I was using your mod when I remembered how the GC bios used to work...
Then I started dreaming on a nintendont that could behave like the bios, that cube with options and stuff...

Reactions: Mr. Mysterio

Mr. Mysterio

Super Genius
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I can say it's perfect.
I was using your mod when I remembered how the GC bios used to work...
Then I started dreaming on a nintendont that could behave like the bios, that cube with options and stuff...

I know how you feel. I actually bought a GameCube just for the BIOS! I could already play the games on my backward-compatible Wii.

sonictopfan

Trophies
XP
Country
Well this is awesome, I especially love the background of choice option, however I was wondering if you can make a version to have a black screen instead when loading from a loader, this way I can keep my Bios files interactive and use the menus all I want.

Yea, too bad I sold mine back in the day... So stupid...
I still have mine even though I don't use it, I also still have my Dreamcast <3

Mr. Mysterio

Super Genius
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well this is awesome, I especially love the background of choice option, however I was wondering if you can make a version to have a black screen instead when loading from a loader, this way I can keep my Bios files interactive and use the menus all I want.

If it detects that you want it to run the real BIOS, then it will be a black screen until the real BIOS kicks in. It won't play the animation twice.

[Truth]

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Crossposting this, cause it could also be a Nintendont problem:
I have another problem:
Sometimes when launching a GCN game via GX i get the following codedump.
First I see the Nintendont splashscreen, but it´s much longer empty then usual, then the upper text of Nintendont (version etc) and when it normally starts with the steps (1-11) I get the codedump.
IMG_20150515_184736.jpg
If you see nintendont, then USBLoaderGX is not in memory anymore.
it's not a loader issue.

does it happen when launching Nintendont directly from HBC?
if only from the loader, did you try different settings?

Set the Settings>Loader settings>Nintendont>Config file : Create
Then next time it crashes, send me the nincfg.bin file
I need to check if the sent settings are correctly generated and sent.
Only happens when launching from GX.

Heres the nincfg.bin of a crash:

Attachments

• nincfg.zip
    214 bytes · Views: 90

fariasluciano

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil

I still have mine even though I don't use it, I also still have my Dreamcast <3
After regretting so much for selling my game cube, I decided not to sell any consoles/games anymore. So I still have my psone, ps2, ps3, xbox classic and more than 120 games, 2 xbox 360, Nds and my Wii.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: