AbdallahTerro

da KiNG
OP
Trophies
Website
ccabz.wordpress.com
XP
Country
guys back to topic, the idea of the latest custom game splash screens is cool, but why having a WiiU logo in the top left corner?
The app runs on both wii and wiiu and it looks strange to have this on a wii, maybe it's better since only a couple are already made to have a custom icon or nintendont logo or anything else that fits the situation better.
Maybe then I'll think about adding them directly to the repository replacing the ones already there.

Reactions: jammybudga777

TotalInsanity4

GBAtemp Supreme Overlord
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
guys back to topic, the idea of the latest custom game splash screens is cool, but why having a WiiU logo in the top left corner?
The app runs on both wii and wiiu and it looks strange to have this on a wii, maybe it's better since only a couple are already made to have a custom icon or nintendont logo or anything else that fits the situation better.
Maybe then I'll think about adding them directly to the repository replacing the ones already there.

I didn't mean for them to be a replacement of the official repository, just an additional choice for Wii U owners to have something that would make it look like games were launching from the Wii U. I create a new GameCube logo to replace that if that's what you would prefer, it wouldn't be too difficult

TotalInsanity4

GBAtemp Supreme Overlord
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It was sarcasm)))on you other solution. How to or with what you suggest to attach wii remote to classic? (Serious. It's not sarcasm)))
Depends on what you have. If you want to ghetto it, you could use rubber bands. If you have the resources, you could make a special piece to fit between the two controllers out of plastic or wood

AbdallahTerro

da KiNG
OP
Trophies
Website
ccabz.wordpress.com
XP
Country
I didn't mean for them to be a replacement of the official repository, just an additional choice for Wii U owners to have something that would make it look like games were launching from the Wii U. I create a new GameCube logo to replace that if that's what you would prefer, it wouldn't be too difficult
gamecube +/- or Nintendont logo or any logo that reflects the purpose.
I don't mind replacing the one already in the repository if I like the end result

TotalInsanity4

GBAtemp Supreme Overlord
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
TotalInsanity4 do you have a template i should use that definatly has the right dimensions? i do have the one from mario sunshine you put pages back if thats good enough?

Do you own a Windows computer? If so, you can make a PNG to be roughly 16:9-ish, then you can right-click the picture and choose "edit", then, when MSPaint opens, click "change size", uncheck "Maintain Aspect Ratio" and make the width "640" and the height "480". I would give you the template I'm using, but it's awkward because I'm using Sketchbook for the iPad, and when you share an image, all empty space automatically gets filled in with white. If Photoshop or something allows you to remove a solid color, then I can share my template, yes.
gamecube +/- or Nintendont logo or any logo that reflects the purpose.
I don't mind replacing the one already in the repository if I like the end result

Sounds good. I'll start on it tonight, it shouldn't take too long to finish. Will share in Google Drive link when finished. What I'll probably do is make two of each image, one in a GameCube/Nintendont style, and one in the Wii U style, and put them in two separate folders in the Drive repository... Yeah, I think I'll do that. That way users have the choice of using whatever they wish if they can download it themselves, and if you want to replace images, you can just use the GameCube versions of the images.

Reactions: AbdallahTerro

jammybudga777

Trophies
XP
Country
im not gonna lie im clueless about those methods and yea im on windows. all i know is with photo shop i managed to do some of my own rom covers ages ago (used a template of an original with correct dimensions then use google images and put the image over the top) lol

Drak0rex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
A have wii remote attached to the back of my wii classic pro controller to have it vibrate with nintendont. But after few minutes of playing my hands get tired because of strong vibration. It never happens while playing ps3 or xbox 360. That's why I asked about this. And get strange answer on a simple questionView attachment 17181 sorry to bother you
Nyko grip for original Classic Controller. It has a clip that holds the Wiimote. Drill a hole in the grip and screw it into the hole in the bottom of the controller. Wrap the cord around the clip and it will be secure. Problem solved (and much more elegant than the ghetto rig job you did).

Reactions: TotalInsanity4

TotalInsanity4

GBAtemp Supreme Overlord
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
im not gonna lie im clueless about those methods and yea im on windows. all i know is with photo shop i managed to do some of my own rom covers ages ago (used a template of an original with correct dimensions then use google images and put the image over the top) lol

K. I'll PM you my template either later tonight or tomorrow. I can walk you through the steps of squishing it to 640x480 when you get to that point

jammybudga777

Trophies
XP
Country
still couldnt find the splashes that have already been done!! (i have to do it manually i do not have internet). would it be better to have a GC logo or the bios image to replace the U?

TotalInsanity4

GBAtemp Supreme Overlord
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
still couldnt find the splashes that have already been done!! (i have to do it manually i do not have internet). would it be better to have a GC logo or the bios image to replace the U?

Mine are in the Google Drive link, ABZ's are in the first post, linked to a .7z download
That's what I've been thinking to myself as well. What I eventually came up with was that it would be best to do something like the word "GAMECUBE" from the BIOS screen over the GameCube logo (centered behind the text). That all would be on a shaded black background. Also, template is incoming for you after I get back from a pancake breakfast lol

jammybudga777

Trophies
XP
Country
i have downloaded the "all themes zip" from page one but it doesnt have any game splashes and i dunno where the link is for your google drive. and sounds good maybe ill try 3 different layouts and see which is prefered. even maybe something simple like the GC controller image from page one with clear writeing "nintendo gamecube"

TotalInsanity4

GBAtemp Supreme Overlord
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
https://drive.google.com/folderview...NTd2UtT05yVzJhWDY3cTQ1UVZmR2tfWkU&usp=sharing

The above is a link to all of ID3.png format images I have made/will continue to make. The list will be updated, but by no means on a regular basis. All images are in the correct resolution of 640x480, and are created to be widescreen friendly. As I get better/more practical ideas for splash screens, I will likely use a similar strategy as ABZ uses with his (being that there will be a "Removed" folder to browse older versions (Mario Sunshine will be the first to go, once I get a better idea...))

There ya go

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: