Homebrew Nintendont ps3 controller problem?

Mike001

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Everytime I use my DS3 controller with Nintendont, it turns off the wii. I even put the controller.ini file for the ds3 on the root of my sd card, but I still have problems. I don't know what to do, It used to work but now it doesn't. Help?

edit: I dont want to sound like a noob, but I really need help. I know that some controllers dont work, but the ds3 is in the compatibility list. Is my controller faulty or what, because even with non-working controllers I don't think it's normal for it to just turn off the wii.

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Everytime I use my DS3 controller with Nintendont, it turns off the wii. I even put the controller.ini file for the ds3 on the root of my sd card, but I still have problems. I don't know what to do, It used to work but now it doesn't. Help?

edit: I dont want to sound like a noob, but I really need help. I know that some controllers dont work, but the ds3 is in the compatibility list. Is my controller faulty or what, because even with non-working controllers I don't think it's normal for it to just turn off the wii.
are you using the latest nintendont 333?

Vanth88

Private
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Make sure controllers.zip is in your nintendont apps folder (sd:\apps\nintendont) you don't need to do anything special like extract the files to your root so delete everything except the controllers.zip.
Nintendont will automatically use the correct ini from that zip depending on whats connected..

Also how are you launching Nintendont? through usb loader gx? try loading nintendont directly from homebrew channel or from a forwarder. Also try deleting the nintendont config file and try that way.

tbb043

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Which USB port are you using? Maybe try another one. Are you using a USB hub? Try just connecting directly. Maybe try another USB cable. Maybe try another PS3 controller if you or a friend has another.

Mike001

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Make sure controllers.zip is in your nintendont apps folder (sd:\apps\nintendont) you don't need to do anything special like extract the files to your root so delete everything except the controllers.zip.
Nintendont will automatically use the correct ini from that zip depending on whats connected..

Also how are you launching Nintendont? through usb loader gx? try loading nintendont directly from homebrew channel or from a forwarder. Also try deleting the nintendont config file and try that way.

Usb loader doesnt even work, I load from HBC. Ill try ur suggestion, thanks.

Mike001

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Which USB port are you using? Maybe try another one. Are you using a USB hub? Try just connecting directly. Maybe try another USB cable. Maybe try another PS3 controller if you or a friend has another.

Yea maybe its the cable bk it functions well on the ps3. Im not using a usb hub and i tried both wii ports, still no sucess.

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
I was but then I then swithed to the March version, still didnt work. Dont know exact revision but thats what i remember
just keep using the nintendont 333, try another cable if you have to connect the ds3 to tthe wii, maybe your cable is faulty.

Mike001

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
334 is the latest version all you need to so is update inside nintendont 334 works fine with ps3 controller for me.

I did update inside the app... When I first got Nintendont it was the version from April 1st, then after I updated the app and it seems like it broke PS3 controller support (as a bug), but I even downgraded with the previous loader.dol files and the PS3 controller still crashes my Wii. I'm guessing at this point it's a defective controller or cable at this point, so everyone who helped I appreciate it. Thanks.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/fRENPoVaZHk?si=0xgCyaSVzuc5GD5F