Albogango

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hello everybody.

Just recently, I bought a Wii U in hopes of replacing my Homebrew-d Wii as the primary player of my Nintendo game library.

I’ve since soft-modded it, and while it’s been working like a charm for both my Wii U and Wii games, I’ve been unable to boot any of my GameCube games.

Interestingly enough, the external hard drive (WD 1TB) I’d been using to play the games on my Wii has been untouched and unaltered, but, for some reason, Nintendont is unable to boot any games from it.

Two more details I’d like to note:

1) USB Loader GX wasn’t initially detecting my EHD plugged into port 0 until I purchased a Y cable for it. Now, all of my Wii and GameCube games appear in the library, as they did on my Wii, but only the Wii games boot up properly. The GameCube games will either display a black screen or an error message.

2) I ran an experiment by copying over a couple of the GC games from my EHD to a 16GB USB stick. On the stick, Nintendont runs the games flawlessly. I don’t understand why they’re detected on one drive but not the other when they’ve been placed into exactly the same folders.

What can I do at this point?

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thank you all in advance.

Albogango

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
The problem isn’t with USB Loader GX since it displays my entire library of Wii and GameCube games and plays the Wii games perfectly.

It’s Nintendont that for some reasonable isn’t compatible with my external hard drive on my Wii U.

I haven’t changed anything on my EHD while I was using with my Wii and never encountered any problems. It’s been formatted to FAT32, the Wii games are in the wbfs folder, the GameCube games are in the games folder, they’ve all been named accordingly, etc.

vincent-coding

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Uh normally for external hard drives on the wiiu are not in fat32 but in a special format for the wiiu. Only sd cards work in fat32 for wiiu.

Albogango

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Uh normally for external hard drives on the wiiu are not in fat32 but in a special format for the wiiu. Only sd cards work in fat32 for wiiu.

Well, yes.

My other external hard drive (on which I’m storing my Wii U games, and which is inserted into the front of the console) was formatted by the Wii U to begin with.

However, I’m inserting the EHD with my Wii and GC into port 0 (the back of the console), and, as I said before, this posed no problem with my 16GB USB stick when I used it to run a couple of games with Nintendont.

Escorpion

Balamb Seed
Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia
Well, yes.

My other external hard drive (on which I’m storing my Wii U games, and which is inserted into the front of the console) was formatted by the Wii U to begin with.

However, I’m inserting the EHD with my Wii and GC into port 0 (the back of the console), and, as I said before, this posed no problem with my 16GB USB stick when I used it to run a couple of games with Nintendont.
Well Well...
1) Have you tried by changing the loading default IOS for GC games??
2) doesn´t seem to be a problem with some missed step on the vWii Hacking, as the game run perfectly with the 16GB Usb...
3) Now, the difference between an HDD (of 1tb in this case), and a Usb memory of 16gb, is the cluster size -the ones that you can modify while formatting some device-. That is why the Usb s, rarely give that kind of problems. The cluster size of the USB use to be more efficiently for some loaders.

So... i want to ask if you already have Haxchi... cause if you have it, you can store all (Wii , Wii U and GC games) on one HDD, exactly of 1 tb. At least that is what i have done.

The pros:
1) You will be able to load Wii and Gc games via Wii U menu.
2) You will be able to Watch and play any Gc game on the gamepad or with Wii U pro controller.
3) You will be able to Watch and play some Wii games on the gamepad (games that in original Wii support classic controller). Xenoblade, Resident Evil, Pandora´s tower.
4) Faster and easier to launch those games, all in one same HDD.

The Tuto: https://gbatemp.net/threads/release-wiivc-injector-script-gc-wii-homebrew-support.483577/

Last edited by Escorpion,

Albogango

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Well Well...
1) Have you tried by changing the loading default IOS for GC games??
2) doesn´t seem to be a problem with some missed step on the vWii Hacking, as the game run perfectly with the 16GB Usb...
3) Now, the difference between an HDD (of 1tb in this case), and a Usb memory of 16gb, is the cluster size -the ones that you can modify while formatting some device-. That is why the Usb s, rarely give that kind of problems. The cluster size of the USB use to be more efficiently for some loaders.

So... i want to ask if you already have Haxchi... cause if you have it, you can store all (Wii , Wii U and GC games) on one HDD, exactly of 1 tb. At least that is what i have done.

The pros:
1) You will be able to load Wii and Gc games via Wii U menu.
2) You will be able to Watch and play any Gc game on the gamepad or with Wii U pro controller.
3) You will be able to Watch and play some Wii games on the gamepad (games that in original Wii support classic controller). Xenoblade, Resident Evil, Pandora´s tower.
4) Faster and easier to launch those games, all in one same HDD.

At this moment, I'd like to focus on adjusting USB Loader GX/Nintendont so that it's as I had it on my Wii.

Perhaps at a later day I can use Haxchi (which I have) to put all of the games on a single HDD.

To answer your questions:

1) How can I do that?
2) Correct. And they also ran perfectly on my Wii using the same HDD.
3) Would I be able to adjust the cluster size of my HDD without formatting it?

petethepug

PUG
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
At this moment, I'd like to focus on adjusting USB Loader GX/Nintendont so that it's as I had it on my Wii.

Perhaps at a later day I can use Haxchi (which I have) to put all of the games on a single HDD.

1) How can I do that?
trial and error. Or changing the cluster size to a higher or lower speed.
I was using the HD once and it just crashed on loz after I went out of the tutorial on the wii u lol.

Escorpion

Balamb Seed
Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia

1) How can I do that?

1) Forget about it.
3) No. To do that, you need to format the device.

I don´t know if you have read this from the tuto

USBLoaderGX
You need to tell the loader to use Nintendont as gamecube mode : Settings > Loader Settings > Gamecube mode : Nintendont

Albogango

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
1) Forget about it.
3) No. To do that, you need to format the device.

I don´t know if you have read this from the tuto

USBLoaderGX
You need to tell the loader to use Nintendont as gamecube mode : Settings > Loader Settings > Gamecube mode : Nintendont

I'm pretty sure the cluster size and everything else is fine, because it was specifically formatted to work with USB Loader GX on the Wii. And the Wii games works perfectly.

It's Nintendont that's giving problems to my HDD, not USBLGX.

Is there anything I can compare between my 16GB USB and 1TB HDD that would determine the problem? Since one works and one doesn't?

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Or perhaps settings I should adjust on Nintendont?

petethepug

PUG
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm pretty sure the cluster size and everything else is fine, because it was specifically formatted to work with USB Loader GX on the Wii. And the Wii games works perfectly.

It's Nintendont that's giving problems to my HDD, not USBLGX.

Is there anything I can compare between my 16GB USB and 1TB HDD that would determine the problem? Since one works and one doesn't?

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Or perhaps settings I should adjust on Nintendont?
none settings as far as I know.

Albogango

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
^The ‘multi game and region failed’ error only appeared once I shifted GameCube save settings to ‘individual’.

Now, it’s back to booting up a black screen for all games, or the game’s error screen.

If need be, I can reformat my drive and put in all of my games once again, if that means fixing the problem.

Could someone show EXACTLY how the drive is meant to be formatted for the GC games to be functional?

Escorpion

Balamb Seed
Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia
^The ‘multi game and region failed’ error only appeared once I shifted GameCube save settings to ‘individual’.

Now, it’s back to booting up a black screen for all games, or the game’s error screen.

If need be, I can reformat my drive and put in all of my games once again, if that means fixing the problem.

Could someone show EXACTLY how the drive is meant to be formatted for the GC games to be functional?
The partition must be formated as FAT32 with 64k/cluster or less. (32k/cluster and 64k/cluster recommended)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: It's mostly the ones that are just pictures and no instructions at all