Hacking Nintendont doesn't recognize my USB drive

dooceswild

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have tried numerous formats for naming conventions.

I currently have a games folder on my hard drive. I have a few sample games on there, of which I've done the following combinations:

USB:/games/name of game[game id]/game.iso
USB:/games/name of game[game id]/[gameID].iso
USB:/games/gameID.iso
USB:/games/game id/game.iso

When I launch Nintendont, I can select SD or USB. When I select USB, it says there is no FAT drive or no games folder and then restarts the Wii.

My drive is USB 2.0 powered with a Y cable, plugged into the top slot in the back. Wii games launch fine from USB Loader GX.

At this point, the partition is not hidden with uStealth, although after I get this working, I will be hiding it. Any ideas what I need to do differently?

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't know if it can read a y cable. I have mine plugged in with one cable since it's powered. the reason I say that is nintendont doesn't like two drives plugged in at the same time. it should give u a region error though. do u have a powered drive or a flash drive?

dooceswild

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't know if it can read a y cable. I have mine plugged in with one cable since it's powered. the reason I say that is nintendont doesn't like two drives plugged in at the same time. it should give u a region error though. do u have a powered drive or a flash drive?

Hmm. I do have an 8GB, but I was hoping to be able to always leave my drive plugged in so I can keep my library of Wii Games. I'll try and self-power it and see if that fixes the issue. It seems odd that Nintendont can't see it but USBLoader GX sees it just fine this way, no?

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't know y the error exists. the way I have it setup is gamecube games on my sd card, wii games on a powered drive, and wii u using the two front usb ports and is unpowered. never had a problem with that setup. u don't have to unplug anything. oh, yeah, the wii drive is stealthed too. nintendont doesn't like two usb drives plugged in which might be y it can't see ur drive, but I don't know for sure which is y u should check another drive or sd card.

dooceswild

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I tried something different. I updated Nintendont (Apparently I had a very old version somehow), and I powered the USB drive with external power rather than a Y cable. It still said no USB device.
I then put a game on an 8gb flash drive and it worked fine.

My 750GB drive is FAT32, formatted using the exact same utility as the 8gb drive. I'm not sure what else could be wrong.

tbb043

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Y cable vs external power shouldn't make a difference, only one branch of the Y carries data, so only it should be noticed by the system as a drive. The other one is for power only.

When I select USB, it says there is no FAT drive

Dumb question... is your drive formatted to FAT? If not, reformat it. You may need to download a 3rd party formatter since for some reason Windows is a bitch about formatting drives to FAT over a certain size.

Wii games launch fine from USB Loader GX.

Is there a Nintendon't plugin for that loader? if so try using that. I've had good luck with the one for CFG loader (the wii loader I use). The nintendon't loader isn't really needed on it's own if you have a Wii loader to use.

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
you sure your hdd is fat32 formated without hidden partitions or something?

also the correct path to nintendont games is
usb:games/anyname/game.iso

try starting nintendont directly instead of being through usbloader gx.

dooceswild

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm sorry to those that replied, life got in the way. The drive is hidden, so I don't get the nag screen on startup. It is for sure FAT32. I'll check the path and make sure it's correct. Does it have to have the game ID in it, or can it just be /games/Basketball Game/game.iso?

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
I'm sorry to those that replied, life got in the way. The drive is hidden, so I don't get the nag screen on startup. It is for sure FAT32. I'll check the path and make sure it's correct. Does it have to have the game ID in it, or can it just be /games/Basketball Game/game.iso?
to be used in nintendont yeah it doesnt need the id, to be seen on usbloadergx it probably needs gameid but also im not sure if nintendont still has a working hidden drive thing with all the changes tbh.

also make sure you dont have hidden extensions so the game doesnt end up being called game.iso.iso

snoofly

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Sorry to drag up this old post but did you ever work out if it’s possible to have Nintendont recognise a Ustealth hidden drive?

GC games load fine for me when Nintendont is triggered by Wiiflow but the USB isn’t recognised if running Nintendont ‘standalone’ or via a WiiU forwarder so
if I want gamepad support I have to put the games on an SD.

My issue would seem related to this fix
https://github.com/FIX94/Nintendont/pull/468/commits/e46e7509345806f595927717a3c613801b9e20c1
I have my Wiiu drive connected to the top rear port and Wii/GC Fat32 ustealth bottom rear, both self powered but still Nintendont says usb not found.

Last edited by snoofly,

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Sorry to drag up this old post but did you ever work out if it’s possible to have Nintendont recognise a Ustealth hidden drive?

GC games load fine for me when Nintendont is triggered by Wiiflow but the USB isn’t recognised if running Nintendont ‘standalone’ or via a WiiU forwarder so
if I want gamepad support I have to put the games on an SD.

My issue would seem related to this fix
https://github.com/FIX94/Nintendont/pull/468/commits/e46e7509345806f595927717a3c613801b9e20c1
I have my Wiiu drive connected to the top rear port and Wii/GC Fat32 ustealth bottom rear, both self powered but still Nintendont says usb not found.
there is no way to read usb devices on wiiuvc injects, the inject injacks all usb calls to read from wiiu nand.

snoofly

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
there is no way to read usb devices on wiiuvc injects, the inject injacks all usb calls to read from wiiu nand.
Ok thanks.
I’m still a bit confused why my Usb isn’t recognised running Nintendont from the Wii homebrew menu when it’s ustealthd.
If i toggle off ustealth it works ok and I thought that’s what the 468 fix addressed.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Nice nice-