Theme-By-FLO.png

Last edited by Flo_o,

soupkiff

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Was searching around the forums and came across your post, absolutely insane theme mod. I would say that this theme, and the Rhapsodii theme for WiiFlow Lite are by far my favorites that I've ever seen for any Wii homebrew. Will you be releasing a beta to the public (or rather... is there a closed-beta for testing? ;))

Reactions: Flo_o

Flo_o

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Thanks soupkiff, i still use usb loader gx because of the authentic wii feeling (you know, with the the little moving screens), my plan was to create a theme that should have been on the wii instead of the bright white theme. Still working on a final version (the one you see in the video is a early beta version) with a good collection emulator channels included, that will fit the theme, will post a new video when i have finished more, i will release the theme eventually if there is enought animo for it (don't know how many people usb loader gx and want a classic retro theme)

Last edited by Flo_o,
Reactions: soupkiff

soupkiff

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@Flo_o: Absolutely, I can understand that. Every project I've ever dabbled in as a labor of love, is one that I require to meet my utmost standard of perfection. I appreciate both the dedication and the level of your craft. If you ever need any help doing grunt work, (or getting into any nitty gritty with the graphic design, something I went to school for) I would be more than happy to lend my time and effort to your vision.

RunningSnakes

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i will release the theme eventually if there is enought animo for it (don't know how many people usb loader gx and want a classic retro theme)

I for one am keeping an eye on this also, it looks great. do you have a release timeline estimate Flo_o? patiently & anxiously awaiting

Flo_o

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
@Flo_o: Absolutely, I can understand that. Every project I've ever dabbled in as a labor of love, is one that I require to meet my utmost standard of perfection. I appreciate both the dedication and the level of your craft. If you ever need any help doing grunt work, (or getting into any nitty gritty with the graphic design, something I went to school for) I would be more than happy to lend my time and effort to your vision.

Awesome, thanks soupkiff, it started as a small project but it is getting larger and larger, the biggest obstacles are the small usb loader gx flaws like wrong measurements, i use the ThemeCreator USBloaderGX application to check all measurements but it is not 1:1, so i have to missplace some elements to get them centered, it sounds weird but it is an old application. Also, the emulator channels are a bit time consuming, i am a true perfectionist so every small detail has to be clean and perfect ;)

I will keep you up to date with my progression and will certainly PM you when i need some extra help :)

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

I for one am keeping an eye on this also, it looks great. do you have a release timeline estimate Flo_o? patiently & anxiously awaiting

Thanks RunningSnakes! That's a good question, i hope to finish it before 2019, well thats the plan, but i will post some new updates soon.

Also, let me know what you guys think of the Nintendo BoxBoy cursor (tried a lot of different cursors but it is hard to get them right), P1 is in red and the rest of the player cursors are in yellow, blue and green, so that they will match the buttons on the left.

Last edited by Flo_o,

soupkiff

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@Flo_o: I really like the BoxBoy cursor and how it ties into the super clean, boxy pixel aesthetic of the rest of your theme. Also the fact that it's an original Nintendo asset / intellectual property is a huge plus, making the theme feel even more authentic. I can't think of any other cursor assets that would also achieve that (except maybe the cursors from Mario Paint?)

As far as the nitty gritty goes, I think the cursor itself is visible, but not glaring, and provides a decent reference point for the cursor hotspot, designated by the red triangle. I like the design so much that I played with it while at work and made a little character cursor reference sheet with a bunch of different variations (shown on light / dark backgrounds to demonstrate contrast). Hopefully they can be of some use to you, if any of the variations tickle your fancy:
CJDlJ7Z.png

Last edited by soupkiff,

Flo_o

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
@Flo_o: I really like the BoxBoy cursor and how it ties into the super clean, boxy pixel aesthetic of the rest of your theme. Also the fact that it's an original Nintendo asset / intellectual property is a huge plus, making the theme feel even more authentic. I can't think of any other cursor assets that would also achieve that (except maybe the cursors from Mario Paint?)

As far as the nitty gritty goes, I think the cursor itself is visible, but not glaring, and provides a decent reference point for the cursor hotspot, designated by the red triangle. I like the design so much that I played with it while at work and made a little character cursor reference sheet with a bunch of different variations (shown on light / dark backgrounds to demonstrate contrast). Hopefully they can be of some use to you, if any of the variations tickle your fancy:
CJDlJ7Z.png

Oh man, you are the greatest, i like your creativity! You are making it hard for me to choose ;) Glad to hear that you like my vision and ideas, did some work on the theme again today, now testing out some upgraded emulator channels. I hope i can test all the different cursors upcoming weekend. I can spot some favorites but i like to see them all on the big screen, will post my experience soon. Thanks again.

_VST_

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Interested in this. Can't stand the default theme and ALL the themes are MIA after Spiffy went bye bye

Flo_o

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi all, just to let you know that i can't make it to release a new year version of the theme because of the extra details i have to do, but will do my best to release it soon, with or without the new emulator channels,

for now, happy newyear to you all! See you in 2019:yaywii:

Flo_o

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
I cant understand where i can download this theme to use with latest USB Loader GX release?
Don't know why you are asking this question, this theme is not just some quick made freebie, i've put in a lot of time, work and passion into this project so read all the comments first before asking and be patient, still work in progress. Also, important lesson, always say thanks first before downloading somebody's creation.

any update on the theme? super excited to use it.
Thanks Justin, always great to read comments like these. Sorry, personal life was just interfering for a bit so i was realy short on spare time.

The idea is to include one complete emulator channel with this theme, i realy want to match everything so that it feels like a complete theme, but i am not satisfied with the result jet, hope to start building again this weekend :)

Reactions: soupkiff and codyjo

Flo_o

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
But completed an annoying part of usb loader gx, the menu home screen, was looking for a good wiimote design but finally implemented it into the theme, let me know what you guys think of the design (ignore the empty looking battery fields, when running it on the wii, the p1,2,3,4 + battery icons are perfectly centered:):

menu-home.png

Last edited by Flo_o,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Julie_Pilgrim @ Julie_Pilgrim:
    the internet
  • Julie_Pilgrim @ Julie_Pilgrim:
    @Psionic Roshambo i have 16 gb in my pc and i run into issues with ram more than i'd like to admit
  • HiradeGirl @ HiradeGirl:
    I got only 8GB of RAM. But I want 32GB.
  • Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight:
    Time to just download more ram
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Yeah search Google
  • Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight:
    Or, I also heard that if you use flash memory, it can act as more "RAM" at least windows tell me when I stick a flash drive into it.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It can act as a swap drive but that isn't more RAM, it's slooow.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I wish we could have 1Gbps external storage by now
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Like for micro
  • Veho @ Veho:
    New Myoo.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Veho, Yooo noice
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Looks like a Famicom handheld
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Yeah, they were going for that.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It's not very good though.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I'm watching the review, the emulators it uses suck bawls.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Software update might improve it.
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Or maybe someone will make like Emulation Station for it or something?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    That counts as a software update :tpi:
    +1
  • OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20:
    Ello
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I can think of the design teams process another joystick and no audio or a joystick and mono audio
  • Veho @ Veho:
    "You think we can just put the speakers at the top
    ?" "NO!"
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Pft stereo speakers you're fired
    +1
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Pft stereo speakers you're fired +1