Homebrew Nintendo Wii Tribute USB Loader GX Theme 2018

JustinIsHere

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
But completed an annoying part of usb loader gx, the menu home screen, was looking for a good wiimote design but finally implemented it into the theme, let me know what you guys think of the design (ignore the empty looking battery fields, when running it on the wii, the p1,2,3,4 + battery icons are perfectly centered:):

This looks really clean. Appreciate all the time you're putting into it. I know it will be worth the wait. Very nice job!

Reactions: Flo_o

Flo_o

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Thanks all for your awesome feedback!

Busy working now on the first emulator channel that will serve as a base for the rest of the emulators, the channel is based on Mastershoes' TroytheZombie's Forwarder Collection, i always loved his channels and especially the one with the animated characters. Plan is to create a remastered version of his channel that fits the retro usb loader gx theme with the following characteristics; retrofeel, fits the dark wii menu theme, shows 12 classic games, plays a great recognizable theme that fits the console with a flawless loop, animated 3 sprite character that moves form left to right (this is tough because most characters like mario and megaman have a 4 sprite walk loop instead of a 3 sprite loop, wish i could create a 4 loop within the channel but don't know how to do this).

Can you guys give some feedback on the following template (used nes classic borders for the game menu screens, created a faded line background and gave the game art a glass shine look), how does it look and feel?

wii-channel-proto.png
wii-channel-proto-2.png

Last edited by Flo_o,

Flo_o

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
is there a new eta considering all the work you've been doing recently

Hi justin, good question, my first release date was the first of januari to celebrate the new year, but so many new details where popping-up that i had to plan a new date, i'm now focussing on march 31th, this date fits the wii very well, as seen on wikipedia: "As of March 31, 2016, the Wii has sold 101.63 million consoles worldwide." I think it's a good date to celebrate one of the most iconic consoles ever made with a fresh new theme :)

Last edited by Flo_o,

JustinIsHere

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi justin, good question, my first release date was the first of januari to celebrate the new year, but so many new details where popping-up that i had to plan a new date, i'm now focussing on march 31th, this date fits the wii very well, as seen on wikipedia: "As of March 31, 2016, the Wii has sold 101.63 million consoles worldwide." I think it's a good date to celebrate one of the most iconic consoles ever made with a fresh new theme :)

great, glad to hear! will be looking forward to the release date!

soupkiff

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Flo_o, been a busy 2019 so far but popped in to see your progress, and I'm absolutely blown away, you've really outdone yourself. The crisp aesthetic you've created on the home button screen is amazing, especially the wiimote. I am also incredibly impressed by how your emulator channels are turning out -- the sheen on the game art is a really nice touch, little details like that are what make your theme incredible.

I wish I had more constructive / technical feedback to offer but work has been so busy this year -- either way, your theme is setting a standard of perfection I never even dreamed of. Keep on keeping on my friend, I'm excited to see what else you have in store. A+

Last edited by soupkiff,
Reactions: Flo_o

Flo_o

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
neat

Me too, my usb never gets recognized.

Hi Hambrew, here is a little guide for you (and other people that has trouble with setting-up USB Loader GX): just make sure your usb stick (i have a Toshiba TransMemory U202 64GB) is formatted to FAT32, then create a 'game' folder (this is for GC games) and a 'wbfs' folder (this is for Wii games) on the root of the usb, then create the following folder structure:

Gamecube: USB (ROOT) --> game (folder) --> GAMENAME (folder) 'for example: F-Zero GX' / Then rename your game ISO to game.iso and place it into the GAMENAME (folder)

example:
upload_2019-2-12_23-14-51.png

Wii: USB (ROOT) --> wbfs (folder) --> GAMENAME [ID] (folder) 'for example: Armageddon [RKMP5D]' / Then rename your game WBFS to [ID].wbfs and place it into the GAMENAME [ID] (folder)

example:
upload_2019-2-12_23-20-57.png

Then boot the Wii and make sure you put the usb stick into the right usb port (for me it's the bottom one but you can change it in the usb loader gx settings at 'USB port') and make sure the usb is visible at the usb loader gx settings menu at 'Game Install/Partition' and set 'Install Directories' to 'Gamename [...'

Also make sure you have nintendont at apps\nintendont and enabled in the USB Loader GX settings.

That's it

Last edited by Flo_o,

Hambrew

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi Hambrew, here is a little guide for you (and other people that has trouble with setting-up USB Loader GX): just make sure your usb stick (i have a Toshiba TransMemory U202 64GB) is formatted to FAT32, then create a 'game' folder (this is for GC games) and a 'wbfs' folder (this is for Wii games) on the root of the usb, then create the following folder structure:

Gamecube: USB (ROOT) --> game (folder) --> GAMENAME (folder) 'for example: F-Zero GX' / Then rename your game ISO to game.iso and place it into the GAMENAME (folder)

example:
View attachment 157732
Wii: USB (ROOT) --> wbfs (folder) --> GAMENAME [ID] (folder) 'for example: Armageddon [RKMP5D]' / Then rename your game WBFS to [ID].wbfs and place it into the GAMENAME [ID] (folder)

example:
View attachment 157734

Then boot the Wii and make sure you put the usb stick into the right usb port (for me it's the bottom one but you can change it in the usb loader gx settings at 'USB port') and make sure the usb is visible at the usb loader gx settings menu at 'Game Install/Partition' and set 'Install Directories' to 'Gamename [...'

Also make sure you have nintendont at apps\nintendont and enabled in the USB Loader GX settings.

That's it
thx :) I lost my USB right now, so I hope I can get it back to attempt that again.

Flo_o

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Flo_o, been a busy 2019 so far but popped in to see your progress, and I'm absolutely blown away, you've really outdone yourself. The crisp aesthetic you've created on the home button screen is amazing, especially the wiimote. I am also incredibly impressed by how your emulator channels are turning out -- the sheen on the game art is a really nice touch, little details like that are what make your theme incredible.

I wish I had more constructive / technical feedback to offer but work has been so busy this year -- either way, your theme is setting a standard of perfection I never even dreamed of. Keep on keeping on my friend, I'm excited to see what else you have in store. A+
thx :) I lost my USB right now, so I hope I can get it back to attempt that again.

You're welcome :yaywii:

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Welp