lookout

GBAtemp Board Room
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
onec again.. Why hell Wii don have DVD playback?
wacko.gif

I like to have a dvd playback on wii so i able to dump my old dvd player and make some room.

maybe i shgould wait for Panasonic Wii like the Panasonic Gamecube

panasoniccube.jpg

and these still selling from £300 ($550 USD)

lagman

I wish I was green.
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Mexico
cheaper production?
I don´t really care,just on my room I have 4 devices that can play DVD.
I can´t see why this is so bad.
unsure.gif

@edit:
rofl2.gif
Despite the LAME remote control, the GameQ will always look impressive and sexy
wub.gif

Kyoji

ウッーウッーウマ
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Not only is this old news, the fact I can go get a DVD player from Wal-Mart for 20 bucks make it a moot point, I'm afraid.

@OrR:
Nope, all DVD playback has been nixed.

lookout

GBAtemp Board Room
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I think they were planning a little hardware addon for the Wii to play DVDs. Is that still in the making?

I was be kind of funny having a External USB DVD player, given Wii a look of 2 Rom drive?
maybe oneday or someone able a hack wii and make it dvd playback with divx player etc...

it say wii can play video and photo from Sd cards maybe Wii games... me dreaming ->
happy.gif

Tanas

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Yeah trust Nintendo making the wii without dvd playback... I'm still a bit pissed that the ds lite doesnt have dvd playback either...

Bowser128

King Koopa
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Not only is this old news, the fact I can go get a DVD player from Wal-Mart for 20 bucks make it a moot point, I'm afraid.

Not exactly, whilst everyone does have a DVD player, I for one would like to cut down on the amount of stuff sitting on my desk, and combining my console with my DVD player would be very attractive to me (Yes, I have a PS2, but it's the loudest and buggiest DVD player ever) I was just hoping to have my new console -Wii- combined with my GC and DVD player in one smaller box.

Opium

PogoShell it to me ™
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Australia
I would have liked to have DVD playback. I live in a student accomodation and our DVD player is rubbish.

For $400 I would have expected DVD and music playback, the price is pretty damn high without these basic features. The Wii takes DVDs so not having DVD playback is kind of insulting.

lagman

I wish I was green.
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Mexico
I would have liked to have DVD playback. I live in a student accomodation and our DVD player is rubbish.

For $400 I would have expected DVD and music playback, the price is pretty damn high without these basic features. The Wii takes DVDs so not having DVD playback is kind of insulting.

Well, the Wii is $250 US, I`m also paying $400 here in Mexico but that´s not really Nintendo´s problem
wink2.gif

Scorpin200

Iceman
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Well you can ask nintendo to add one on for you, and pay the extra 50 or so dollars....come on now dvd players don't cost anything nowadays. Anyway they can keep the already high price down is fine, and why would anyone want to pay more when you can use your pc since you obviously used it to post on this board.
rolleyes.gif

lookout

GBAtemp Board Room
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
that remind me... dose Wii support Playing MP3 used SD card or play music Cd..? i dont remember if that was told in E3 game show or haven't seen any feature setting.:?

adgloride

Its A Wii Wario
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
With HD-DVD and Blu-Ray coming in who wants to play DVDs. Besides I don't really play dvds these days its all xvid. When you can buy a dvd player so cheap why put wear and tear on the Wii laser.

Scorpin200

Iceman
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
yes it does i don't know what they guy was talking about, and im sure someone will think of a way to dump movies onto the wii somehow. I mean if u want a dvd player buy one, and if you want a game machine the think same applies.....why would anyone want a game machine that is made for moveis? Oh and blus ray is a fad it's just a updated dvd play that lets you play dvd's on it for $1000
huh.gif

P.S The price tag that this thing has better make for a damn good system or that is the end of games on the whole.

lookout

GBAtemp Board Room
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Well you can ask nintendo to add one on for you, and pay the extra 50 or so dollars....come on now dvd players don't cost anything nowadays. Anyway they can keep the already high price down is fine, and why would anyone want to pay more when you can use your pc since you obviously used it to post on this board.
rolleyes.gif

I mostly in my living room with my 90" HDTV....obviously it for famliy entertainment
dry.gif

skywarp

Trophies
XP
Country
Trinidad and Tobago
With HD-DVD and Blu-Ray coming in who wants to play DVDs. Besides I don't really play dvds these days its all xvid. When you can buy a dvd player so cheap why put wear and tear on the Wii laser.

Exactly, why kill your Wii laser when you can get a $10-20 dvd-player(or a free one in many cases..) if you don't already have one, it's not like it takes up much space. At my home we have to have atleast 15 devices that can play DVD's, and I havn't even played a DVD here in years.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Well start walking towards them +1