Nintendo Warranty

Discussion in 'Wii - Hardware, Devices and Utilities' started by cactusjack901, Mar 13, 2009.

1. cactusjack901
    OP

cactusjack901 Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Feb 3, 2009
    United States
    I have to send my Wii in due to an issue with the SD card slot, to the best of my knowledge, I didn't cause any physical damage, I just put my SD card in, and it stopped reading. So, my question is, I am under the 1 year warranty, and I know that physical damage is not covered (at least according to their website). When I send it in, will I have to pay $60, when I was on the phone with Nintendo the other day, I was unclear about this, it sounded like this wouldn't cost me anything, but I'm not sure, and if I do send it in, and they do decide to charge me $60 I won't be able to pay it, as I'm flat broke, and I don't wanna be without a Wii, because it still works for the most part, but the SD card slot just stopped reading cards

2. Brian117

Brian117 GBAtemp Psycho!

Oct 1, 2007
    United States
    Cleveland, OH
    When you set up a repair, they ask if they want to send you the prepaid label through e-mail, or regular USPS mail.

When you get the slip, just look at the repair amount.

3. cactusjack901
    OP

Newcomer
    Feb 3, 2009
    United States
    oh, so they'll tell me before I send it in? and from there, I guess they can't change that then

4. Brian117

Brian117 GBAtemp Psycho!

Oct 1, 2007
    United States
    Cleveland, OH
    Yes. On the phone they tell you the amount it's going to cost.

Then after you agree with that price, they ask you about the pre-paid label etc.

5. cactusjack901
    OP

Newcomer
    Feb 3, 2009
    United States

awesome, I guess I have a phone call to make tomorrow