Hardware Nintendo Warranty

cactusjack901

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have to send my Wii in due to an issue with the SD card slot, to the best of my knowledge, I didn't cause any physical damage, I just put my SD card in, and it stopped reading. So, my question is, I am under the 1 year warranty, and I know that physical damage is not covered (at least according to their website). When I send it in, will I have to pay $60, when I was on the phone with Nintendo the other day, I was unclear about this, it sounded like this wouldn't cost me anything, but I'm not sure, and if I do send it in, and they do decide to charge me $60 I won't be able to pay it, as I'm flat broke, and I don't wanna be without a Wii, because it still works for the most part, but the SD card slot just stopped reading cards

Brian117

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
When you set up a repair, they ask if they want to send you the prepaid label through e-mail, or regular USPS mail.

When you get the slip, just look at the repair amount.

cactusjack901

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Brian117 said:
When you set up a repair, they ask if they want to send you the prepaid label through e-mail, or regular USPS mail.

When you get the slip, just look at the repair amount.

oh, so they'll tell me before I send it in? and from there, I guess they can't change that then

Brian117

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes. On the phone they tell you the amount it's going to cost.

Then after you agree with that price, they ask you about the pre-paid label etc.

cactusjack901

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Brian117 said:
Yes. On the phone they tell you the amount it's going to cost.

Then after you agree with that price, they ask you about the pre-paid label etc.

awesome, I guess I have a phone call to make tomorrow

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Veho @ Veho: The cybertruck is a death trap.