• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

OrGoN3

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok. A switch XL? Really? If your problem is multiplayer and the screen not being big enough, then plug it into a TV!

If you don't have access to a TV, how do you have access to WiFi? And with the size of that screen, the only problems I could see (haha, get it? see? haha?? ok) are maybe the text.
Not to be a jerk, but I have WiFi wherever my phone gets reception via hotspot......

D

Deleted User

I can't go back in time, sorry.
Ok. Let me pose this question:

Where will you have enough time to play your Switch, with no WiFi connection around, long enough to maintain a stable connection via Hotspot? It also depends on the provider, and not everybody has enough money to spend on a feature like hotspot.

TheCyberQuake

Certified Geek
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Where will you have enough time to play your Switch, with no WiFi connection around, long enough to maintain a stable connection via Hotspot? It also depends on the provider, and not everybody has enough money to spend on a feature like hotspot.
People over-estimate how much data it takes to play online. I once used my phone as a mobile hotspot and played minecraft with friends on a server while camping. Playing online doesn't require a ton of internet usage. People nowadays can even live stream from their phone over mobile data.

Reactions: OrGoN3

Hanafuda

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
They've already got that covered, N2DS XL.

He probably meant something that isn't just a few months away from being 7 years old.

But I think it's at least another year before there's an announcement re: a 3DS successor, dedicated portable.

D

Deleted User

People over-estimate how much data it takes to play online. I once used my phone as a mobile hotspot and played minecraft with friends on a server while camping. Playing online doesn't require a ton of internet usage. People nowadays can even live stream from their phone over mobile data.
Some providers differentiate between Hotspot and Data. I'm fairly sure mine does, so I don't use it.

OrGoN3

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Part of the gimmick of the Switch is that I can go outside, to, for instance, my local park, find a gamer and play some games outside in nature instead of cooped inside of a house all day long. So I would answer your question with anywhere people are.

Also, you make it seem like hotspotting is unstable. I can't even remember the last time my phone lost it's signal completely. Hotspot is just data. Whether your provider charges you differently for using the feature or not, it's still just data over the network. The main issue for multiplayer would be ping, not speed, as it doesn't take much to send over a bunch of text of players' positions. The ping from my phone is always pretty decent and definitely would not ping out or lag in any match on the Switch. Plus, please take into account Nintendo's shitastic network.

In any case, hotspot is not magic or anything of that sort. It's just data. As long as your phone has a data connection, hotspot will work. So for me, that's pretty much anywhere. As for WiFi, while companies are providing more and more open hotspots, not everywhere does, and some places require you to have an account with the provider, like Comcast.

rileysrjay

Connoisseur of all things Morshu
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I really could see a switch mini around 2019-2020, but c'mon, a switch xl? The console is already bigger than most handhelds and mobile phones. Nobody really would want to hold a 8-9 inch tablet with controllers adding a few inches on the side.

Reactions: TotalInsanity4

lordelan

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Ok. A switch XL? Really? If your problem is multiplayer and the screen not being big enough, then plug it into a TV!

If you don't have access to a TV, how do you have access to WiFi? And with the size of that screen, the only problems I could see (haha, get it? see? haha?? ok) are maybe the text.

How many times would I have to fool around with that "TV bullsh*t"?
What differs the Switch from the Wii U?
Think about it.

... yes, it's portable. You've got it!

Read what I just wrote.

Why in the world do you deduce others from yourself?
Would you say the complete 3DS XL family is obsolete if there's an HDMI adapter for it?
I'm talking about splitscreen mode anywhere and not on a TV.
That's what even Nintendo was showing in the launch trailer and even there it looked rediculous with two guys pressing them selfes shoulder by shoulder while looking on such a small screen.
No one wants to take your Switch consoles away. I'm just asking for a greater optional revision.
And let me add to that quote that for the hell of it I don't know what you want with WiFi?!
I'm talking about local but portable splitscreen multiplayer and nothing else!
That's what this whole topic and the petition is all about. Sitting next to your buddy and playing Mario Kart 8 Deluxe, FAST RMX or god knows what else. Even for non splitscreen games like Snipperclips it would be good to have a bigger screen on the go. Still I dunno why I would need WiFi for that.

I really could see a switch mini around 2019-2020, but c'mon, a switch xl? The console is already bigger than most handhelds and mobile phones. Nobody really would want to hold a 8-9 inch tablet with controllers adding a few inches on the side.
I agree that holding it with the JoyCons attached to it would be a bit heavy (especially while playing in bed or something like that) but for tabletop mode with the stand a bigger screen would be better while the weight wouldn't bother anyone (but the table maybe).

Last edited by lordelan,

ken28

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
He probably meant something that isn't just a few months away from being 7 years old.

But I think it's at least another year before there's an announcement re: a 3DS successor, dedicated portable.
i dont think we will see a 3ds successor. The goal of the switch was to fuse both development lines to lower the dev times. This is supported by thef act that nintendo fused the handheld and console division

PolloDiablo

Madre de Dios! Es El POLLO DIABLO!!!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The day they implement cloud saving sync with multiple devices... it would be the day I will buy a new revision of the Switch.
If I cannot use the 2 consoles with all my save data, I won't buy a second Switch.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    i got 7 case fans in mine, replaced 4 when some broke cus they ran loud and wonky
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    so i bought spares even
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    9 in mine
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Damn things ramp up when it decides to do even a little work
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    i could fit 9, 2 at bottom i skipped
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Changed them to silent mode in bios helped a little
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    i dont want the bottom fans blowing the gpu fans spinning
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Eminem's daughter got married apparently it should've been me :nayps3:
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    guess she got the better fling
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    You mean he did dad's loaded
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    papa eminem approved
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Grampainem
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    bored of HD2 lately
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    too burned out
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    from gameplay and drama
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I keep hunting for apps and forget half of them are already widgets on my home screen
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    almost everything gets shuved as some taskbar process
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    What is HD2?
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    Helldivers 2
    +1
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    the game has as much bugs ingame as well as in RL
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    That games so mixed I hear people praise or say they love it
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    it's both, they love it and hate it just as much
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Like we get mixed reviews but that games globally mixed like mj
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    love the gameplay, hate the buggy mess it's also in, much drama and controversy also related due to sony being sony
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    the mixed reviews is due to review bombing, because a chunk of regions are excluded/banned from buying it now
    ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21: the mixed reviews is due to review bombing, because a chunk of regions are excluded/banned from...