Hardware Nintendo Switch won't boot past Nintendo logo, but RCM and Charging is Fine

Canna

Bad Ass Poisonous Mushroom
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think the battery IC must be it, too. The battery charges just fine. I'm going to see if I can get a multimeter to check the battery IC on my bad switch to see but I feel certain it's that now.

I did give the hacdiskmount method a try since I have the keys of both systems, but I'm not sure if I did something wrong because after I transferred my user and system partitions (according to the ChoiDujour instructions) my new Switch was unable to boot past Nintendo logo as well. (I restored the NAND afterwards from the back up I did on that system and it turned on like it did before I touched the system, just without my data of course).

Alot of issue myself restoring two switches with the hacdisk/choirdujour method too,, even booting with the provided .kip file,,,but kip only for different sys versions....

but i think that the issues we had were maybe due to the autorcm,,,as we removed that with bricmii aand reapplied,and or removed again and the switch booted...

If you use same sys version 5.1.0 >5.1.0 for example you dont need to use hekate...
As fuses are same..

But you can black screen if you dont save the biskeys to the files correct or mess up with hacdiskmount

also if you try to preserve some of the system saves..
Hence why when using hacdiskmount best to do the clean method not the save settings method

You can mount the console via hacdiskmount and pull the saves off that way...

But hey listen you have a battery error,,,, one of your chips is bad...
I think bat ic but maybe another advanced user can prove me wrong...

Get the hardware fixed first then worry about software, you will prob boot into the horizon once bat is fixed.

Last edited by Canna,
Reactions: mrharmonia

cherup

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
wouldn't it be the easiest way to repair it in a Nintendo Repair centre as this is a hardware defect. As you have no warranty you need to pay. I don't think they will delete your data in that case but should be checked upfront.

Canna

Bad Ass Poisonous Mushroom
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
wouldn't it be the easiest way to repair it in a Nintendo Repair centre as this is a hardware defect. As you have no warranty you need to pay. I don't think they will delete your data in that case but should be checked upfront.
this is also true that is a good point, you get a free assessment. they tell you the fault and how much

you can pay or request it back unfixed...

All postage is supplied by them

Its just sitting there doing nothing, why not send it on a spa day :rofl2:

Last edited by Canna,

mrharmonia

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
joseborunda.com
XP
Country
United States
this is also true that is a good point, you get a free assessment. they tell you the fault and how much

you can pay or request it back unfixed...

All postage is supplied by them

Its just sitting there doing nothing, why not send it on a spa day :rofl2:

I'll look into doing it with Nintendo of America, I just hope they don't mind that in the process it's had its screws replaced, battery replaced, and back enclosure changed since mine actually had cracked before opening it. I'm assuming they'll just be like oh well it voids the warranty, which doesn't matter since I'll be paying anyways if they tell me they can fix it without losing my data. Thanks to everyone for the help, by the way!

Reactions: Canna

mattytrog

You don`t want to listen to anything I say.
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I'll look into doing it with Nintendo of America, I just hope they don't mind that in the process it's had its screws replaced, battery replaced, and back enclosure changed since mine actually had cracked before opening it. I'm assuming they'll just be like oh well it voids the warranty, which doesn't matter since I'll be paying anyways if they tell me they can fix it without losing my data. Thanks to everyone for the help, by the way!

Send it to me if you like. I don`t mind taking a look.

If VCC-IN (pin 5 on M92T36) has 3v on power-on, then it isn`t the M92T36. The power detector and fets are working in the chip if you have at least 3v at pin 5.

It is charging too, which is a good sign.

Could be a capacitor around the M92T36, or the NAND. If its the nand, you need to get your PRODINFO off there rapid before it dies completely if possible.

All this is speculative. Send it if you like.

mrharmonia

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
joseborunda.com
XP
Country
United States
Send it to me if you like. I don`t mind taking a look.

If VCC-IN (pin 5 on M92T36) has 3v on power-on, then it isn`t the M92T36. The power detector and fets are working in the chip if you have at least 3v at pin 5.

It is charging too, which is a good sign.

Could be a capacitor around the M92T36, or the NAND. If its the nand, you need to get your PRODINFO off there rapid before it dies completely if possible.

All this is speculative. Send it if you like.

Hi! Thanks for the offer, though I decided to the send it in to NOA. Unfortunately NOA is different, and they charged me for the repair as soon as they received it and just sent me a new console today claiming a save data malfunction despite me having had backed up everything (including the PRODINFO) so the NAND wasn't a problem, but that's the way it is. Hopefully in the future there's a NO BAN way to transfer my saves.

mrharmonia

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
joseborunda.com
XP
Country
United States
if you don't mind, how much did you pay for the repairs ?
$99 + fees was like $117. However... I noticed that the charge on my account disappeared today. My theory is that my problem was similar to the 3rd party dock issue so they fixed it free out of warranty. The system placed a hold on the amount as they received my system but didn’t end up leaving my account. I’m thankful for that.

mrharmonia

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
joseborunda.com
XP
Country
United States
Nintendo didn't transfer your saves? surely, they have a way to do that but decided not to. :(
I included a note saying "Hope to keep my saves," and the NAND itself was fine since I was able to back it up and can access the files. I tried transferring them manually via HACtool with a second switch I had, but it made the Switch unable to boot, so I restored that one back from its NAND backup. It seems it's very rare they actually transfer saves over and it saddens me since I knew they wouldn't. My switch broke around June 27, but only just now I sent it to them since I had spent the summer trying to figure out how to save them.

Reactions: godreborn

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I included a note saying "Hope to keep my saves," and the NAND itself was fine since I was able to back it up and can access the files. I tried transferring them manually via HACtool with a second switch I had, but it made the Switch unable to boot, so I restored that one back from its NAND backup. It seems it's very rare they actually transfer saves over and it saddens me since I knew they wouldn't. My switch broke around June 27, but only just now I sent it to them since I had spent the summer trying to figure out how to save them.

sorry to hear that, man. might be better to send the broken system to someone to be repaired. however, your issue with saves may or may not be recoverable.

Ericthegreat

Not New Member
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think the battery IC must be it, too. The battery charges just fine. I'm going to see if I can get a multimeter to check the battery IC on my bad switch to see but I feel certain it's that now.

I did give the hacdiskmount method a try since I have the keys of both systems, but I'm not sure if I did something wrong because after I transferred my user and system partitions (according to the ChoiDujour instructions) my new Switch was unable to boot past Nintendo logo as well. (I restored the NAND afterwards from the back up I did on that system and it turned on like it did before I touched the system, just without my data of course).

Exactly! That's why I'm really upset at Nintendo for how this situation has turned out because they did not allow us to backup anything and barely will be allowing us to September after paying for their service, but it's too late for quite a few people.
Have you tried just backing up your user partition to your PC, and doing a doing a fresh run through hacdiskmount (use the no burn guide, by rajkosto)

mattytrog

You don`t want to listen to anything I say.
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Hi! Thanks for the offer, though I decided to the send it in to NOA. Unfortunately NOA is different, and they charged me for the repair as soon as they received it and just sent me a new console today claiming a save data malfunction despite me having had backed up everything (including the PRODINFO) so the NAND wasn't a problem, but that's the way it is. Hopefully in the future there's a NO BAN way to transfer my saves.

So, they sent you a new unit back?

Is it ipatched?

leosel

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Try to boot it up in factory reset mode first by not doing the RCM mode first, and remove your microSD with Hekate. To see if your device could go to recovery mode

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Oh disable AutoRCM in hekate if it is enabled...

If it goes to recovery mode, factory reset your Switch

For sometimes it would be the fault of the payload for switch not to load horizon properly, or even the microSD card, try to reformat your microSD card to exFat, then download a fresh Hekate, or ReiNX which I most prefer...then do a fresh CFW or RCM Payload on your switch

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @K3Nv2, 4th what?