Hacking Question Nintendo switch stuck on logo after update.

Op07ita

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Hello Everyone,

I have a switch that can't go past the Nintendo switch logo, the person i got it from said he was doing an update but probably something went wrong (or he's lying).
I tried to unplug the battery but nothing changed. I can boot in rcm and use hekate.
I know it could be a wifi chip problem so before trying a reflow i wanted to know what i could try.
Thank you all for reading and help.

Op07ita

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
The switch had 14 blown fuses so i tried with 11 and 12 fw but same result, It dosen't work.
It's probably an harware fault. I'll try a quick reflow.

IZUNYA

Trophies
XP
Country
France
It is a sysnand hacked console ? Or a emunand ?

If it's a emunand hack, it can be a sysmodule problem.

Last edited by IZUNYA,

Op07ita

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
I don't know i got it without an sd and i don't know the story, how can i verify if it was a emunand?

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello Everyone,

I have a switch that can't go past the Nintendo switch logo, the person i got it from said he was doing an update but probably something went wrong (or he's lying).
I tried to unplug the battery but nothing changed. I can boot in rcm and use hekate.
I know it could be a wifi chip problem so before trying a reflow i wanted to know what i could try.
Thank you all for reading and help.
What happens when you try booting CFW and/or OFW?

wargreymon89

Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
Sorry for hijacking the thread, figured it was better than creating a new exactly same. I have pretty much same story for a Switch, it was bought as "defect with battery connector broken, worked before that", person before me had managed to tear the connector from the main board and nothing else, I now think this is bull though. So I got it quite cheap, the console started and turned off after Nintendo logo when it was broke and I used a charger. I soldered the connector and battery worked. However it did the same thing. Nintendo Logo and then turns off.

I have now tried every possible guide to restore the FW 12.0.2 (Boot0/Boot1/System etc from above guides and also Such Meme, Many Skill's unbricking guide that uses systemRestore.te script to flash from TegraExplorer) that was on the console (I checked it against a downloaded that had exactly same files so all seems well. Tried a 6.0.1 Firmware also.

The console has 15 burnt fuses, doesn't matter to me, I just want to get it to work with either stock FW or CFW.

What works:
* RCM
* Sending Payloads
* Flashing partitions
* Hekate

What doesn't work:
* Booting normally it shows Nintendo Logo and turns off
* Booting it into Recovery with +/- when booting normally due to it turning off
* Booting through Hekate and Stock it shows Hekate logo and turns off
* Booting Atmosphere through Hekate or sending fusee-primary payload shows Atmosphere logo (3 screens of logos) and then turns off

Are there any more payloads for testing hardware or so? Everything I have seen in Hekate looks fine as far as I can tell, I have no issues with biskeys or dumping/flashing anything.

What happens when you try booting CFW and/or OFW?

Last edited by wargreymon89,

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sorry for hijacking the thread, figured it was better than creating a new exactly same. I have pretty much same story for a Switch, it was bought as "defect with battery connector broken, worked before that", person before me had managed to tear the connector from the main board and nothing else, I now think this is bull though. So I got it quite cheap, the console started and turned off after Nintendo logo when it was broke and I used a charger. I soldered the connector and battery worked. However it did the same thing. Nintendo Logo and then turns off.

I have now tried every possible guide to restore the FW 12.0.2 (Boot0/Boot1/System etc from above guides and also Such Meme, Many Skill's unbricking guide that uses systemRestore.te script to flash from TegraExplorer) that was on the console (I checked it against a downloaded that had exactly same files so all seems well. Tried a 6.0.1 Firmware also.

The console has 15 burnt fuses, doesn't matter to me, I just want to get it to work with either stock FW or CFW.

What works:
* RCM
* Sending Payloads
* Flashing partitions
* Hekate

What doesn't work:
* Booting normally it shows Nintendo Logo and turns off
* Booting it into Recovery with +/- when booting normally due to it turning off
* Booting through Hekate and Stock it shows Hekate logo and turns off
* Booting Atmosphere through Hekate or sending fusee-primary payload shows Atmosphere logo (3 screens of logos) and then turns off

Are there any more payloads for testing hardware or so? Everything I have seen in Hekate looks fine as far as I can tell, I have no issues with biskeys or dumping/flashing anything.
Have you tried GPTrestore?

wargreymon89

Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
HacDiskMount
There is also eMMCHacGen that you can try.
I used that when generating the files for 12.0.2 that I flashed, since Choidujour can't do firmware above 6.something(?).

I have no problem flashing the files or so. I have used the guide posted by Hayato213.

Only thing I haven't found to try restore is BCPKG2-5-Repair-Main and BCPKG2-6-Repair-Sub. The partitions are there when using HacDiskMount, but no idea if they are corrupt or not.

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
HacDiskMount
I used that when generating the files for 12.0.2 that I flashed, since Choidujour can't do firmware above 6.something(?).

I have no problem flashing the files or so. I have used the guide posted by Hayato213.

Only thing I haven't found to try restore is BCPKG2-5-Repair-Main and BCPKG2-6-Repair-Sub. The partitions are there when using HacDiskMount, but no idea if they are corrupt or not.
Well it might be worth a shot then.

anthony_harvey1

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
HacDiskMount

Sorry for reviving an old thread but did you manage to sort your issue? I am facing exactly the same :(

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: Brb