Nintendo Switch Reveal

Discussion in 'Switch - Console, Accessories & Hardware' started by Chary, Oct 20, 2016.

1. Veho

Veho The man who cried "Ni".

Former Staff
    Apr 4, 2006
    Croatia
    Zagreb
    It probably isn't touchscreen. The console is supposed to seamlessly switch from portable to TV mode, and have the same control scheme, and there is nothing that would emulate the touch screen when it's in TV mode.

dogmarch, WeedZ and Tomato Hentai like this.
  2. the_randomizer

the_randomizer The Temp's official fox whisperer

GBAtemp Patron
    the_randomizer is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Apr 29, 2011
    United States
    Dr. Wahwee's castle
    I was referring to the thinly-veiled insult that his post implicated that people who don't like Apple are somehow intellectually impaired compared to those who do, and yes, they're the main reason I never want an Apple product. I'll stick with Android and Nintendo; this Switch is no exception, as I plan on getting one when it comes out, probably with my tax refund.

Last edited by the_randomizer, Oct 20, 2016
  3. WeedZ

WeedZ Possibly an Enlightened Being

Jan 13, 2015
    United States
    The State of Denial
    That's why I said that

4. KingVamp

KingVamp Haaah-hahahaha!

Sep 13, 2009
    United States
    Netherworld
    I have a feeling people would still complain even if it was literally just Nintendo branded PS4.

VinLark, Tomato Hentai and WeedZ like this.
  5. RevPokemon

RevPokemon GBATemp's 3rd Favorite Transgirl

Aug 24, 2014
    United States
    Fort Gay, West Virginia
    I am not 100% sure but I believe that the NBA game shown will be a part of the NBA Live series. Why? Because 2K and Visual Concepts are not listed with the other companies while EA is.

Tomato Hentai likes this.
  6. dpad_5678

dpad_5678 GBAtemp's Memelord

GBAtemp Patron
    dpad_5678 is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Nov 19, 2015
    United States
    This is what we wanted with the Wii U!

Rest In Piss Sony/Microsoft

7. Foxi4

Foxi4 On the hunt...

Supervisor
    Sep 13, 2009
    Poland
    Gaming Grotto
    I don't even respond to insults like that because they're low-brow and say more about the person who throws them around than about me. Me having a preference says nothing about my intellect, so I see no reason to address it. If someone thinks that me liking one platform over another makes me stupid, they're the stupid one. Besides, both iOS and Android suck in my eyes, we haven't had a good mobile OS around since Windows CE/Windows Mobile (not to be confused with the abortion that is Windows Phone) and, to a lesser extent, Symbian. Just the fact that neither OS comes with a stock file explorer and you have to download additional apps just to use features that are f*cking obvious shows the poor state of the mobile industry in terms of operating systems. Android just coincidentally sucks less, and right now there is no superior alternative available.

8. Veho

Veho The man who cried "Ni".

Former Staff
    Apr 4, 2006
    Croatia
    Zagreb
    Windows Phone comes with a built-in file manager :tpi:

Guys, let's get back on topic please? This is not about mobile phones.

9. CitizenSnips

CitizenSnips a seldom-used crab named Lucky

Mar 10, 2015
    United States
    portable skyrim? yes please

10. OliverWinstontin

OliverWinstontin Member

Newcomer
    Jun 7, 2012
    Wrong

From IGN:

“We’re happy to have had the opportunity to collaborate with Nintendo on the trailer. While we are not confirming any specific titles at this time, we are pleased to announce our partnership with Nintendo and support of Nintendo Switch. We look forward to revealing specific details at a later date.” - 2K representative

11. Foxi4

Foxi4 On the hunt...

Supervisor
    Sep 13, 2009
    Poland
    Gaming Grotto
    In that case that's one feature that makes it inarguably better than both Android and iOS, because Jesus Christmas, an OS without any form of a file manager is missing an *obvious* feature. Based Microsoft, overlooked by the crowds of dullards as usual. :topkekeke:

You're right though, this is neither the time nor the place. I don't even know how the he'll we arrived at this point in the discussion, but I assume we went there organically somehow. Welcome to GBATemp.
    I didn't know that! Based Google, how long did that take them? Does it mean that they'll stop copying Apple's shitty design choices that were making Android suck more and more for the last couple of years? Seriously though, I need to update my phone's ROM right away then, another day with ES File Browser will make me kill myself.

12. Tom Bombadildo

Tom Bombadildo ToMClassic

pip Reviewer
    GBAtemp Patron
    Tom Bombadildo is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Jul 11, 2009
    United States
    I forgot
    To be fair, Marshmallow (finally) got a "native" file browser :tpi:

But yes, off topic etc etc :P

Foxi4 likes this.
  13. grossaffe

grossaffe GBAtemp Psycho!

May 5, 2013
    United States
    Comparison between Nintendo and Apple, I believe.

Tomato Hentai likes this.
  14. tranceology3

tranceology3 Member

Newcomer
    Oct 13, 2015
    United States
    Ok, so NX is revealed as Switch.

Couple things bother me here:

1.Despite the fact that it's running Nintendo software, what is so unique about this? Expensive tablets can already run beautiful looking games, plus instantly connect to an hdmi port and play on any hdmi enabled TV. Mini bluetooth controllers can be synced and function exactly the same. Now I get it, that Nintendo has solidified all this in a nice user friendly package; but it just feels so outdated. If it's all about the software, then fair enough, but Nintendo software at least to me, is rehashed same stuff over and over...

2. Now what happens when you drop your tablet/console... Oh no! You just broke your CONSOLE. Sure you can buy a case, but no case will fit in the TV dock, so that will sorta defeat the instant "switch" feature.

Overall I can see it's purpose, but I just think its not that exciting. How many people are really gonna lug around a tablet with 2 controllers...it wont fit in a pocket, so definitely need a bag... It just seems like its way too late into the market.

Last edited by tranceology3, Oct 20, 2016
    WeedZ likes this.
  15. EvilMakiPR

EvilMakiPR GBAtemp Addict

Apr 9, 2013
    Ummm looks like Skyrim is NOT coming to the Switch...

Bethesda: "We're happy to have had the opportunity to collaborate with Nintendo on the video. While we are not confirming any specific titles at this time, we are pleased to announce our partnership with Nintendo and support of the Switch. We look forward to revealing specific games and details in the future," a spokesperson said.

http://www.gamesindustry.biz/articles/2016-10-20-nintendo-switch-officially-revealed

'Don likes this.
  16. geishroy

geishroy Suspended

Suspended
    Dec 10, 2008
    United States
    Are you mental?

WeedZ, DrkBeam and the_randomizer like this.
  17. Tomato Hentai

Tomato Hentai GBAtemp Psycho!

Oct 30, 2014
    Antarctica
    What you quoted doesn't necessarily mean Skyrim isn't coming to the Switch 100% and without a doubt.

DrkBeam and the_randomizer like this.
  18. Sick Wario

Sick Wario Club Nintendo

Jul 24, 2006
    NNID: godrugal
    any pics of the rear of the docking station, or a close view of the tablet connection port?

can confirm 3.5mm headphones on the tablet! sorry lightning headphone users!

look at this pic! i see some friction fit physical connectors for power/data on the joy cons, right on the inside of the slide connector for the frame controller
    [​IMG]

19. EvilMakiPR

EvilMakiPR GBAtemp Addict

Apr 9, 2013
    Can you play Breath of the Wild, Mario Kart 9, New Mario Game, etc on those tablets? And those tablets doesnt have controllers/buttons

20. CitizenSnips

CitizenSnips a seldom-used crab named Lucky

Mar 10, 2015
    United States
    hmm that makes me confused as to why they put it in the video if it's not going to actually have it, oh well though, still cool that they'll at least have future titles for the Switch

Quick Reply
Draft saved Draft deleted