Hardware Nintendo Switch Pached 8.0.1

Brimzy

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey, new here and heard you guys were experts.. I bought a Switch on Offerup for dirt cheap that has Parental Controls on it ( seller informed me beforehand) and its patched so I cant hack it (im assuming). Since I cant go to (mkey.salthax) to bypass it because of the firmware being above 8.0.0, is there a way for me to bypass the PC or am I out of 80 bucks?

WhyKlef

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I removed Nintendo Switch Parental Controls AFTER being banned on 9.0.1 using mkey.salthax, it works anyway, it just needs extra steps.

All in all, you need to have it hacked (that's assumed and implied), get Goldleaf app to extract DeviceID and from there just reinitialize the Parental Controls from within the Switch, once reinitialized, you can cancel using a password. There is a video out there that's pretty straightforward though I believe it is in French.

Akira

I'm not a SHRIMP!!!!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I removed Nintendo Switch Parental Controls AFTER being banned on 9.0.1 using mkey.salthax, it works anyway, it just needs extra steps.

All in all, you need to have it hacked (that's assumed and implied), get Goldleaf app to extract DeviceID and from there just reinitialize the Parental Controls from within the Switch, once reinitialized, you can cancel using a password. There is a video out there that's pretty straightforward though I believe it is in French.
He cannot hacked his switch. See the thread title.

anyways, to OP, better call Nintendo and just use a generic excuse like your little brother tinkers with it and forgot what the password was.

Last edited by Akira,

Brimzy

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
He cannot hacked his switch. See the thread title.

anyways, to OP, better call Nintendo and just use a generic excuse like your little brother tinkers with it and forgot what the password was.

Think im going to have to call them. He gave the serial number ahead of time so I checked to see if it was stolen and all was clear from the local station and on the "StolenRegister" site so im just going to tell them the truth and hope for the best, but if anyone finds an alternative for future references let me know...Thanks all!

Brimzy

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes, I tried that site out and got a "probably" on whether or not it was patched after putting the SN in, this was initially why I went on to get the Switch in the first place after receiving the SN from the previous owner before the purchase. I took the gamble and bought it hoping for the best and after doing the foil/jig trick and booting the RCM with my micro sd ready with Homebrew, it connected but did not show the "orange tier" as you put it.

I said (im assuming) in reference to a hack possibly being out there for patched Switch's that i've yet to know about.

But yeah, tried that trick out and now im out of luck until I follow through on calling Nintendo I guess.

Reactions: Goku1992A

WhyKlef

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Yeah I see this now (that it can't be hacked) my bad. I mean, I was under the assumption that the Switch itself was locked out of Nintendo Online by being hacked but if it isn't you absolutely have all the reasons to call Nintendo and get it unlocked through their customer service.

The only reason why you wouldn't want to call Nintendo is IF the Switch itself is banned, if it isn't, Nintendo always had an upstanding customer service. Be honest with them, tell them you purchased the Switch from a friend that got it locked through Parental Control from their kid, and that you bought it off of him and that they didn't know you could have the lock removed from Nintendo.

You'd like to use the Switch to go online, buy games and just enjoy the device that is essentially like dead paperweight right now and I am certain that after verification of you being an adult, they'll give you the code to unlock it. From there, you wipe it to a brand new Switch and you're set.

There is always the "Waiting for a modchip" solution but as someone pointed out, there is no specific date on when/how.

Brimzy

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah I see this now (that it can't be hacked) my bad. I mean, I was under the assumption that the Switch itself was locked out of Nintendo Online by being hacked but if it isn't you absolutely have all the reasons to call Nintendo and get it unlocked through their customer service.

The only reason why you wouldn't want to call Nintendo is IF the Switch itself is banned, if it isn't, Nintendo always had an upstanding customer service. Be honest with them, tell them you purchased the Switch from a friend that got it locked through Parental Control from their kid, and that you bought it off of him and that they didn't know you could have the lock removed from Nintendo.

You'd like to use the Switch to go online, buy games and just enjoy the device that is essentially like dead paperweight right now and I am certain that after verification of you being an adult, they'll give you the code to unlock it. From there, you wipe it to a brand new Switch and you're set.

There is always the "Waiting for a modchip" solution but as someone pointed out, there is no specific date on when/how.

So, I ended up just contacting Nintendo and within 5 minutes after giving them the run down, they removed the Parental Controls and the device isnt banned as well. Thanks everyone here for the help!

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
yeah the Nintendo account locks are no iCloud, pretty much everyone who has had this issue have had the Nintendo rep just remove the lock straight away, I have only heard 1 person say they were told no, and they just called again and the next rep did it

Brimzy

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
yeah the Nintendo account locks are no iCloud, pretty much everyone who has had this issue have had the Nintendo rep just remove the lock straight away, I have only heard 1 person say they were told no, and they just called again and the next rep did it

Wish I new it was that easy beforehand, now im having another minor issue. So, after factory resetting the device to its original condition, it shows that I need both joy cons to proceed with the process and I was just sold the tablet and not the joy cons, I had a left one laying around but it shows I need both, this isnt a big deal because I ordered the right one off Ebay that should be here within the next 4 days but is there a way for me to bypass this right now or do I have to wait for the joy con?

(By the way, a trick I picked up messing around with the device about the foil/jig if you only have the left joy con. If you turn the left joy con in the opposite direction it can connect to the right side in order for you to do the RCM foil/jig boot ) Maybe useless information but im sure it can help someone.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=COua5q4CByg