Hacking Question Nintendo Switch locked my MicroSD

LucioDragon

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Chile
Ok so today i was taking my games from the sd to the internal memory but when i downloaded a couple of games in the memory, i went back to add the microsd and now the switch acts weird, now i plugged the microsd in the pc and it says that its protected anti writting
And i just dont know how to disable that, i cant even format it

Tomobobo

Champion.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Strangely, I had the same thing happen to me. Windows did a simple disk check after saying there could be problems (scan and fix), and after that I was able to modify files.

If windows doesn't prompt to scan and fix, you could probably use CHKDSK.

tech3475

Trophies
XP
Country
This happened to me some time ago, it could be that the card has failed and it goes read only so you can at least recover the data.

NightStorm1000

Trophies
XP
Country
Austria
Ok so today i was taking my games from the sd to the internal memory but when i downloaded a couple of games in the memory, i went back to add the microsd and now the switch acts weird, now i plugged the microsd in the pc and it says that its protected anti writting
Run CHKDSK over it.
If you are on Windows, open up CMD as Administrator and run CHKDSK /F <Driveletter of SD Card>

DeuX

Trophies
XP
Country
Switzerland
The card went caput. They have limited amount of writes before locking themselves and go to read only mode

Paulsar99

Trophies
XP
Country
Togo
I had this problem, sadly I've done everything and couldn't fix it. I just transferred all my files on my pc and bought a new sd card.

fragged

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Are you 100% sure your SD card is real? Many eBay sellers, Amazon 3rd party sellers, and sometimes their fake sicks gets mixed in with sold by Amazon.com cards. They take a 2-32GB card and make the card report as being 256GB, or even 2TB cards which don't even exist. I always buy my crads from an actual store now, too many fakes out there. Here's how to test if you ended up with a fake card (it will work fine at first till it reaches it's actual capacity and then starts overwriting itself causing total corruption) https://www.raymond.cc/blog/test-an...b-flash-drives-bought-from-ebay-with-h2testw/

Edit: autocorrect is the devil.

Last edited by fragged,

gameboy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The card went caput. They have limited amount of writes before locking themselves and go to read only mode

ive only ever experienced the micro sd card going bad from nintendo without that many writes, i figured it as just a nintendo thing for me because it happened 3x for me only on nintendnintendo wiiu and n3ds and 3ds

oufai

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Egypt
It happen to me too my micro SD card is protect and not able to format or copy any file to SD card it is read only!
is the problem from Nintendo lock my SD card or the SD card is bad memory ?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: LOL