Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Sri Lanka

Timestamp: 2:20

Nintendo said:
We expect our hardware to perform as designed.

By that, it's safe to assume nothing regarding the analogue sticks have changed, therefore there will still be drift issues with this system. There's free repairs yes, but not if you live in those countries that the world revolves around. /s
If it is fixed, you bet they'd claim proudly as so.

Other notable differences as the video suggests is that it doesn't have auto brightness, and the surface is more rough in comparison which means less of those fingerprint marks on the back.

Reynardine

Fuchsly
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany

Timestamp: 2:20

By that, it's safe to assume nothing regarding the analogue sticks have changed, therefore there will still be drift issues with this system. There's free repairs yes, but not if you live in those countries that the world revolves around. /s
If it is fixed, you bet they'd claim proudly as so.

Other notable differences as the video suggests is that it doesn't have auto brightness, and the surface is more rough in comparison which means less of those fingerprint marks on the back.

To put it bluntly, that sucks...

I was hoping for a miracle, but the hardware was probably long finished before they even started to take the drifting issues seriously.
I have a feeling that my Lite will fail two to three months after the warranty expires, it's always been like that.

Last edited by Reynardine, , Reason: typo
Reactions: Jiehfeng

Jiehfeng

The One
OP
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Sri Lanka
To put it bluntly, that sucks...

I was hoping for a miracle, but the hardware was probably long finished before they even started to take the drifting issues serious.

Though it's just an issue with the sticks. Can't they have just made a slightly bigger analogue stick or analogue stick design?

Reactions: Reynardine

Jiehfeng

The One
OP
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Sri Lanka
I doubt it. Doing so would be just like admitting that all the previous units were defective, Nintendo would never do that.

Yet they are giving a free service to repair joycon drift. Free. They indirectly admitted it, and they know the hate they're getting regardless. Claiming so if it is fixed would be in their best interests, or at least something that very much sounds like it.

Reynardine

Fuchsly
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Though it's just an issue with the sticks. Can't they have just made a slightly bigger analogue stick or analogue stick design?
The could have. The could've also made the buttons slightly bigger to make them more comfortable to use, but they didn't.

I wonder how they are going to handle the situation when the drifting starts to happen with first batch of the new Lite consoles. In Europe they don't offer any free repairs atm, it seems to be US only.

When I first used one I was surprised how much more comfortable the Wii U gamepad feels than the Switch Joy-Con. It's mostly because of the bigger buttons, I think.

Last edited by Reynardine,

Jiehfeng

The One
OP
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Sri Lanka
The could have. The could've also made the buttons slightly bigger to make them more comfortable to use, but they didn't.

I wonder how they are going to handle the situation when the drifting starts to happen with first batch of the new Lite consoles. In Europe they don't offer any free repairs atm, it seems to be US only.

When I first used one I was surprised how much more comfortable the Wii U gamepad feels than the Switch Joy-Con. It's because of the bigger buttons.

Yeah but on the other hand they're aiming at making a small system that can be considered a handheld only system. But still, there must be a solution. Look at the Vita for example.

Reynardine

Fuchsly
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Yeah but on the other hand they're aiming at making a small system that can be considered a handheld only system. But still, there must be a solution. Look at the Vita for example.
That's true, the analogue sticks of the Vita are rather small, but they are perfectly durable. My Vita is still working fine, my Mario Odyssey bundle Joy-Con is already dead.

The Switch has the least durable analogue sticks since the original N64 controller from what I have seen so far.

I love handheld gaming and I'm super excited for the Switch Lite, but this is something to worry about.

Reactions: Jiehfeng

Jiehfeng

The One
OP
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Sri Lanka
That's true, the analogue sticks of the Vita are rather small, but they are perfectly durable. My Vita is still working fine, my Mario Odyssey bundle Joy-Con is already dead.

The Switch has the worst analogue sticks since the original N64 controller from what I have seen so far.

I love handheld gaming and I'm super excited for the Switch Lite, but this is something to worry about.

Which is why the Vita's analogue sticks are a perfect example of why the small size of the Switch analogue sticks is not the issue, it's just the design.

Reactions: Reynardine

ANOUNYMOSGAMER

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
here's a tip, if you do plan on getting the lite then take all the discussion from your thread to heart.
I've changed the analog of my left joy con 5 times now, and each from different store/reseller, and almost none of them fixes the drift.

the last one I purchased managed to survive a whopping three months before it went borked
while the fastest one to broke was only over two weeks, counted days of use after replacement.

Honestly, if someone managed to their own revision of the joy con analog, I wouldn't mind buying from them.
(remembering how people back then managed to create a makeshift of SD2Vita and lo and behold how it is now)
but for now, my advice would be for you to just get the ipega controller.

There's two model of 'em; one that supports the Switch via bluetooth, the other built specifically for the thing.
other than that, hope you'll grow some patience when playing your games having the character constantly moving on their own

GunzOfNavarone

Trophies
XP
Country
Nintendo simply aren't bothered. However, having disassembled plenty of the original joy-cons, it's not a difficult fix to replace them. I mean you shouldn't have to, but it's relatively simple should you need to.

almmiron

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I had the drift problems with the left joycon.

opened it to clean, but, on the analog parts, I broke the foldable piece of metal that locks the plastic piece.
upload_2019-11-9_11-15-29.png

I now have a pro controller, and almost never play on portable mode, but anyways, bought a china replacement one (yet to arrive). Hoping its good.

I wonder if there's a way to use mine (I don't even closed it again after the occurred). Any suggestion to lock that pieces together?

Attachments

• upload_2019-11-9_11-14-45.png
    upload_2019-11-9_11-14-45.png
    19.8 KB · Views: 165

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    also gonna install twilight menu in my r4 flashcard
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    One thing that just occurred to me.... The sound on the 2600 sucked less back then the harsh sound we hear now is from infinitely better speakers we have now, back when the 2600 was new speakers produced a almost muffled sound, like CRTs made old graphics look slightly better.
    I wonder if I could recommend that to some emulation devs that perhaps the sound could use some smoothing out to simulate those old TVs
    I think a few of the early systems could benefit from that, at least up to the 8 bit generation, by the 16 bit generation I think TVs had gotten a lot better in almost every way
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    i dont have an sd card adapter but I have an usb sd card adapter
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Old people games
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    its not the one that comes with the r4
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    doesnt work (my flashcard is from r4isdhc.com)
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    might install ysmenu first
    Try Wood firmware
    For your R4
    It's old but it's the best firmware out for DS stuff
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    it says it only works for the original R4, R4i Gold (r4ids.cn), R4iDSN (r4idsn.com) and Acekard R.P.G.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    nvm it does support mine
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    but why choose it over ysmenu @Psionic Roshambo?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    bc im stupid?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    yea ik im stupid
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    good night
    Just give it a try, but honestly if you have a 3DS you can play DS games without a card just off the internal SD card
    Slightly slower loading but a bit more convenient
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    guys, my fuckin headphones have an out of place speaker
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Did you try wearing them?
    B @ btjunior: @Xdqwerty 16