1. Xpresive

OP Xpresive Member
    Newcomer

Zimbabwe
    Hello everyone!

All the discussion internet are very confusing. I'm buying used Nintendo Switch console, it says that it's year old so I will check out if the console version is Jailbreakable (serial n0), but how about OS updates? Which OS is still Jailbreakable and from which OS jailbreak cannot be done anymore? Thanks for answers!

2. mav2010

mav2010 GBAtemp Regular

Germany
    If it is one of the original Switch consoles that are vulnerable to fusee gelee, it doesn’t matter. It will always be exploitable.

If the console is one of the newer ipatched models, it needs to be on firmware 4.1.0 to be exploitable.

Try to find one of the first kind. They are much easier to hack and will be forever.

EmulateLife likes this.
  3. Xpresive

OP Xpresive Member
    Newcomer

Zimbabwe
    Thanks for fast reply! I will try to find the older model, which is before June 2018? ( Look at https://gbatemp.net/threads/switch-...he-first-post-before-asking-questions.481215/ ? )
    "it needs to be on firmware 4.1.0 to be exploitable." So if console if later than June 2018 and not Switch v2, it can still be exploited if it's not 4.1.0 and later? Do people often update their switch?

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

or when i'm buying from person, just type serial to the "https://ismyswitchpatched.com/".

4. mav2010

mav2010 GBAtemp Regular

Germany
    Ideally try to get the serial number and then compare with the common lists whether it is patched or not:
    https://nh-server.github.io/switch-guide/user_guide/getting_started/#serial-list

Theoretically ALL Switches are vulnerable to the newer Deja Vu exploit. BUT it is at the moment only published for firmwares up to 4.1.0. And the chance of bricking is much higher with this exploit.

If you want to play online, you have to keep the firmware on latest version and Nintendo is also pretty aggressive at pushing new versions. So for a normal user it is very likely, that the firmware will be up to date.

5. Xpresive

OP Xpresive Member
    Newcomer

Zimbabwe
    Awesome! So if a serial code matches that it's old one and that whetever that switch OS is updated to, it will always be hackable? Maybe I will be lucky

6. EmulateLife

EmulateLife GBAtemp Psycho!

United States
    Yes I'd say it would be more difficult to find a Switch on 4.1 firmware or before than finding an unpatched (pre-June 2018) Switch.

7. Xpresive

OP Xpresive Member
    Newcomer

Zimbabwe
    What's other jailbreak options for June 2018 - 2019 Jan models? Or they all same till new Switch?

8. EmulateLife

United States
  9. Xpresive

OP Xpresive Member
    Newcomer

Zimbabwe
    So, what's left is Deja Vu that works with certain FW?

10. EmulateLife

United States
    Dude we've already explained this to you. If there were any other exploits we would have already told you.

Unpatched Switch - can be hacked, any firmware
    Patched Switch - can be hacked if on 4.1 or lower

That's it, there is no other hacks right now.

11. Xpresive

OP Xpresive Member
    Newcomer

Zimbabwe
    "Deja-vu currently only has implementations available from firmwares 1.0.0 - 3.0.0 and 4.0.1 - 4.1.0, however the exploit theoretically works up to firmware 7.0.1 (the exploit was patched in firmware 8.0.0) and support for these higher firmwares should be added in the future. The current deja-vu implementations are Nereba for firmware 1.0.0, and Caffeine for firmwares 2.0.0-3.0.0 and 4.0.1 - 4.1.0."

12. Ericthegreat

Ericthegreat Not New Member

United States
    Supposedly a new hack will come out for newer switches, but I would not believe it is real until you see it, it will most likely cost money.

13. EmulateLife

United States
    SMH, that means it could implement 7.0.1 one day, but can't implement 8.0+ at all because of changes Nintendo made. What I said still stands.

You wanted to know what hacks are available right now and we told you. Who knows when it will implement 7.0.1 it's been months and it's still 4.1 or lower right now.

Last edited by EmulateLife, Nov 2, 2019
  14. Xpresive

OP Xpresive Member
    Newcomer

Zimbabwe
    Cost, If it costs same as one Switch game and works flawlessly, then it's a deal!

15. Ericthegreat

Ericthegreat Not New Member

United States
    Yea, but there is no guarantee its real until its out.

16. labib

labib Newbie
    Newcomer

Bangladesh
    I am also buying a new nintendo switch,but most of them that are v2 of the switch. So, is the new nintendo switch hackable or not?

17. f0li0

f0li0 Advanced Member
    Newcomer

United Kingdom
    No

Draft saved Draft deleted

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - Jailbreak, Nintendo, support