Nintendo Switch firmware version 11.0.0 out now

ED11DBF8-062A-4556-ABFC-6CD018D4FF4C.png

Welcome, December, and welcome, new Nintendo Switch firmware update. We have officially reached firmware version 11.0.0, and it brings with it more than just stability. Firstly, you now get a Nintendo Switch Online icon added to your home menu, which allows quick access to anything NSO related. The album has also been improved, as you can transfer screenshots directly from your Switch to a smartphone. As of this update, users will also be able to prioritize which games they wish to have downloaded first, when downloading multiple games at once. For those concerned over homebrew access, for now, it’s advised to not update to 11.0.0 until a new version of Atmosphere is released.

A new feature that automatically downloads backed up save data was added to the Save Data Cloud.

• When using software with the same Nintendo Account linked to multiple systems, save data backed up from one console will automatically be downloaded to your other system(s).
    *To use this feature, it must be enabled under System Settings > Data Management > Save Data Cloud.
    *Save data will not be downloaded automatically unless save data for that software exists on the console. The first time only, users must download the save data manually.
    *A Nintendo Switch Online membership is required to use the Save Data Cloud service.
A new Trending feature was added to the User Page.

• Users can check what software their friends are playing or have started playing recently.
    Information will not be displayed for friends who have their online status set to display to no one.
Users can now transfer screenshots and videos from Album to their smart devices.

• Users can wirelessly connect their smart devices to Nintendo Switch to transfer the screenshots and videos saved within their Album.
  • For screenshots, users can transfer a maximum of 10 screenshots and 1 video capture at once.
    *To connect, users must use their smart device to scan the QR Code displayed on the Nintendo Switch screen.
    For more information, please refer to the Nintendo Support website.
    *“QR Code” is a registered trademark of DENSO WAVE INCORPORATED.
A new Copy to a Computer via USB Connection feature was added under System Settings > Data Management > Manage Screenshots and Videos.

• Users can use a USB cable to connect Nintendo Switch to their computers to copy the screenshots and videos saved under Album.
    * A USB charging cable [model HAC-010] or a USB-IF certified USB cable that supports data transfer is required to connect to a computer.
    For more information, please refer to the Nintendo Support website.
    * Connection via the Nintendo Switch dock is not supported. Please connect the Nintendo Switch system directly to the computer.
Users can now select what download to prioritize when there are multiple downloads in progress.

• When there are multiple software, update data, or downloadable content downloads in progress, users can now select which they want to download first.
  • You can set this under Download Options by selecting the icon for the software you want to download first on the HOME Menu.
User icons were added.

• 12 user icons that commemorate the 35th anniversary of the Super Mario Bros. series were added.
Users can now name preset button mappings with the Change Button Mapping feature.

Brazilian Portuguese was added as a supported language.

• When users set their region to the Americas and their language to Português, the language used on the HOME Menu and in certain software will be displayed in Brazilian Portuguese.
Several issues were fixed, and usability and stability were improved.

:arrow: Source

Purple_Shyguy

Trophies
XP
Country
TX is NOT going anywhere!
They will release a new update within a couple days or so. Maybe not officially on their site, but through discord or telegram!
I wouldn't say a couple of days.

It frequently took upwards of 2 weeks for some of their txos breaking updates in the past.

Reactions: HollowGrams

PikachuPrincess23

Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
How long do you think new update for Atmosphere would come out? Sadly I didn't have any choice to factory reset Nintendo Switch after I used haku33 since I got problem with Switch and I think I'm ban from Nintendo.

Reactions: HollowGrams

Legendaykai

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The 3ds is still the better console as it has better features
for example

Themes (just black and white feels too basic)

The Virtual Console( I know they have their beloved mobile app (which nobody likes) and Nintnedo Online but come on alot of people miss the virtual console)

Eshop Music (just having a siilent eshop makes browsing pretty boring, yes they got the mario sprite running past but anybody with spriitng knowledge can do that)

this is why i love the 3ds as it HAS music in it's eshop and it alternates, besides if they want to cut corners they just put the wii shopping channel music that was a cheerful jingle and wouldn't be to hard to add.

things the switch really needs.

Last edited by Legendaykai,
Reactions: pwokk and Sono

Goku1992A

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@TomSwitch
Going online with CFW is playing with fire. For some people it works for many other people I known Nintendo banned them for using youtube.

I miss the good ole days playing Pokemon Crystal in 2001 life was sweet

Last edited by Goku1992A,
Reactions: nWo

MrVoodoo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm surprised as well.
It should be completely unaffected as:
- OFW should be completely untouched if you have an EmuMMC setup (completely vanilla even)
- EmuMMC should run from RCM, so cannot be affected by any FW update AT ALL.

The only things that are possible are:
- they are detecting things that are there even on OFW, like
  • the EMUNAND0 text added into boot1 by SX OS as an emunand flag, as I posted here
  • or emunand files/partitions on the SD card
- or it has a gamecard update and people are leaving carts in their Switch. And that's what's preventing a lower version EmuMMC from booting.

Most first-hand experience posts are VERY uninformative as well.
All they usually say is "it doesn't boot".
What is "it" exactly?
OFW? CFW?

No further details like
- "OFW doesn't boot from bootloader menu"
- "OFW boots when booted vanilla without dongles"
- "emunand won't boot at all"
etc.

This is exactly what happened to me. Clean SysNand updated to 11 as I use it to play online. I then went to boot my EmuNand, which should be completely unaffected, and it wouldn't boot. It got through the Nintendo logo and then Atmosphere popped up with an error. I was booting with fusee primary but it also did it while booting through hekate. SysNand still booted fine, bottling vinilla, and I do not have auto rcm installed.

I was going nuts and couldn't understand why it wasn't booting. Read a comment in this thread where someone had the same issue and removed their game cart which allowed it to work. They had Age if Calamity in the slot and I had Xenoverse 2. Not sure about AoC but I know Xenoverse 2 cart does hold a firmware update.

After removing the game cart, I am able to boot with no issues. SysNand 11.0 and EmuNand 10.2.0 running Atmosphere no auto rcm.

Since you mentioned lack of detail from people with first hand experience, this is my first hand experience and this is the Atmosphere error I got Error Code: 2002-2634- (0x149402)
Program: 010000000000001F

Moon164

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
They finally added the Brazilian Portuguese language with this update and soon on December 7, Brazil will finally recieve a real eShop straight from the console. I'm so happy with it, I hope it means that we will finally see games in Brazilian Portuguese on the Nintendo Switch, my dream has always been to play Pokémon and Zelda in my language.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    S @ salazarcosplay: good morning everyone