Hacking Nintendo Switch Brick? HELP PLEASE

AbhiBhatt23

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi All, first post on GBA temp so not sure if this question has been asked already in the community but can definitely use some help and advice. I have a Homebrew Nintendo that I got modded in February and was working perfectly fine up until a few weeks ago when my switch suddenly stopped working. It's been on airplane mode 100% of the time and one day while booting it up while it was docked, my Nintendo Switch suddenly wouldn't turn on. The screen is completely black and doesn't power on. Does anyone know what the cause of this is? How do I fix this? I had my switch modded by someone else and they've become unresponsive with helping me :( Any help is appreciated, thanks.

JustinIsHere

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Check to see if your switch is stuck in rcm mode. The person who modded the switch probably enabled auto-rcm. Try injecting a payload and see if that works.

AbhiBhatt23

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Check to see if your switch is stuck in rcm mode. The person who modded the switch probably enabled auto-rcm. Try injecting a payload and see if that works.
How do I do that? Sorry, I'm a complete noob to the hacking community and I'm not sure what any of that means -____- any way you can walk me through the steps?

teamlocust

Trophies
XP
Country
India
Abhi bhatt you need to contact your modded to check whether your switch is in RCM mode as it seems you don't know softmodding of switch. Samjha?

RareKirby

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
How do I do that? Sorry, I'm a complete noob to the hacking community and I'm not sure what any of that means -____- any way you can walk me through the steps?
it could be in auto rcn mode like everyone is saying. I think you should do some research yourself when it comes to modding too. It would make it easy for you. Also try holding power button for 30 seconds then turning it back on. If you have a dongle try booting it up with a dongle

FanNintendo

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Try download Kosmos all-in-one package to SD card and use tegrarcmgui for pc hold volume + before u link the cable. I bricked mine and unbrick it beause it was on autorcm on. Maybe it is helpful

kantaroo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I am nowhere near as expert as others in this group but I had a scare yesterday of my Switch not starting at all. It turned out that I had to hold the power button for about 10 seconds, and then it started again. I'd follow others' advice first but if nothing else works, maybe you can try that. In any case the link posted just above is the guide that I followed and it has a pretty straightforward description of how to get to RCM:
https://switch.homebrew.guide/

Best of luck.

SwitchGuyHelpingU

Trophies
XP
Country
Dominican Republic
If anyone has the trouble where nothing shows up, follow this video:

it's very likely two things, format of your SD card and Hekate_ipl // FS_510 :
--------------------------------------------- Some points first ---------------------------------------
* Do SD card modifications fearlessly as long as you back them up, since they won't affect your NAND.
*AFAIK If you don't see your CFW or FW in your launch menu YOU WILL have problems booting, even if you manually load it from the load menu in Hekate.
* If it shows the switch logo but then screen turns black, it means you need to follow this tutorial, probably clear the USER nand and replace it with the firmware folder contents. (mine had 700 or so mB instead of what was meant to have).
* Your SYSTEM NAND and USER NAND SHOULD BE BACKED UP as many times as needed .

1. Check the troubleshooting at 23:29.
2. If it doesnt work (it didn't for me) it may not mean you have a faulty switch, if u made it this far your partitions are probably good.
3. Check the format of your sd card, make sure it's FAT32, sometimes there's a problem with exfat, if you double check the sd card contents you might even see files getting replaced, this doesn't happen with FAT32.

3.5 AFAIK you don't really need the backup folder that might be created inside your switch, but i recommend you to save it in case u ever need it.

4. Follow the guidelines to fix your USER and SYSTEM NAND locations, as described in the troubleshooting section (23:29).
5. With that done, obviously with your "FS_510" file in the correct folder (root of SD CARD also payload folder inside your BOOTLOADER folder), Use the following lines in your "hekate_ipl" after you made sure it's .ini and in the right place.
6. If you followed the ATMOSPHERE GUIDE and modified the hekate IPL within :
{------ Atmosphere ------}
[Atmosphere FSS0 EmuMMC]
fss0=atmosphere/fusee-secondary.bin
kip1=atmosphere/kips/*
icon=bootloader/res/emu_boot.bmp
{}
[Atmosphere FSS0 SYS]
kip1=atmosphere/kips/*
emummc_force_disable=1
icon=bootloader/res/sys_cfw_boot.bmp
{}
{-------- Stock ---------}
[Stock SYS]
stock=1
emummc_force_disable=1
icon=bootloader/res/stock_boot.bmp

then you just need the hekate from the firmware folder, and add that piece of text to the bottom, so it looks like what i pasted above, and right below that it has the text OF the hekate WITHIN the Firmware folder.

Good luck.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: I've always been kind to @AncientBoi