Nintendo Switch Brick? HELP PLEASE

Discussion in 'Switch - Exploits, Custom Firmwares & Soft Mods' started by AbhiBhatt23, Oct 5, 2019.

1. AbhiBhatt23
    OP

AbhiBhatt23 Newbie

Newcomer
    Oct 4, 2019
    United States
    Hi All, first post on GBA temp so not sure if this question has been asked already in the community but can definitely use some help and advice. I have a Homebrew Nintendo that I got modded in February and was working perfectly fine up until a few weeks ago when my switch suddenly stopped working. It's been on airplane mode 100% of the time and one day while booting it up while it was docked, my Nintendo Switch suddenly wouldn't turn on. The screen is completely black and doesn't power on. Does anyone know what the cause of this is? How do I fix this? I had my switch modded by someone else and they've become unresponsive with helping me :( Any help is appreciated, thanks.

2. JustinIsHere

JustinIsHere Member

Newcomer
    Jan 30, 2019
    United States
    Check to see if your switch is stuck in rcm mode. The person who modded the switch probably enabled auto-rcm. Try injecting a payload and see if that works.

3. AbhiBhatt23
    OP

AbhiBhatt23 Newbie

Newcomer
    Oct 4, 2019
    United States
    How do I do that? Sorry, I'm a complete noob to the hacking community and I'm not sure what any of that means -____- any way you can walk me through the steps?

4. teamlocust

teamlocust Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Oct 28, 2017
    India
    Abhi bhatt you need to contact your modded to check whether your switch is in RCM mode as it seems you don't know softmodding of switch. Samjha?

5. RareKirby

RareKirby GBAtemp Fan

Mar 1, 2011
    United States
    it could be in auto rcn mode like everyone is saying. I think you should do some research yourself when it comes to modding too. It would make it easy for you. Also try holding power button for 30 seconds then turning it back on. If you have a dongle try booting it up with a dongle

6. FanNintendo

FanNintendo GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Apr 16, 2018
    United States
    Try download Kosmos all-in-one package to SD card and use tegrarcmgui for pc hold volume + before u link the cable. I bricked mine and unbrick it beause it was on autorcm on. Maybe it is helpful

7. Hambrew

Hambrew GBAtemp Regular

Oct 9, 2018
    United States
    1. Get a USB-C cable
    2. Get TegraRCMSmash
    3. Start TegraRCMSmash
    4. Plug Switch into PC
    5. Inject something like Hekate
    6. Disable AutoRCM
    7. pRoFiTt

8. Hardline

Hardline GBAtemp Regular

May 7, 2012
    suck but not make it so easy, emunad? if so, make a new bet for / SXOS

9. stephrk398

stephrk398 GBAtemp Fan

May 29, 2018
    United States
  10. kantaroo

kantaroo Member

Newcomer
    Sep 14, 2014
    I am nowhere near as expert as others in this group but I had a scare yesterday of my Switch not starting at all. It turned out that I had to hold the power button for about 10 seconds, and then it started again. I'd follow others' advice first but if nothing else works, maybe you can try that. In any case the link posted just above is the guide that I followed and it has a pretty straightforward description of how to get to RCM:
    https://switch.homebrew.guide/

Best of luck.

Quick Reply
Draft saved Draft deleted