Hacking Nintendo Switch Banning Hub & Warning

Luigimitsu

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I just want to quickly ask how likely I am going to get banned. All I've done (while being on wifi because I'm an idiot) is follow all the steps for SX Pro, boot CFW, and install some NSP's. I tested them as well, then deleted everything and uninstalled Auto RCM. It seems likely I'll get banned. I'm too used to the Wii U days so didn't think much of it, and there were no warning signs on xecuter's site which kind of sucks. Do they ban Nintendo accounts as well? Please have mercy on me Nintendo :cry:

Tumbleweed

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
I just want to quickly ask how likely I am going to get banned. All I've done (while being on wifi because I'm an idiot) is follow all the steps for SX Pro, boot CFW, and install some NSP's. I tested them as well, then deleted everything and uninstalled Auto RCM. It seems likely I'll get banned. I'm too used to the Wii U days so didn't think much of it, and there were no warning signs on xecuter's site which kind of sucks. Do they ban Nintendo accounts as well? Please have mercy on me Nintendo :cry:

The ban is console restricted, nintendo account is fine, you can log in on another switch and redownload purchases just fine.

raylgo

Trophies
XP
Country
Have bans slowed down since the emummc of atmosphere? That's what I'm currently using but the emunand still remains offline just in case.

So far, I'm still able to play online after more than a week though.

Draxzelex

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Have bans slowed down since the emummc of atmosphere? That's what I'm currently using but the emunand still remains offline just in case.

So far, I'm still able to play online after more than a week though.
The recent banwave targeted mainly SX OS users who did not use emuNAND. There have not been any verified emuNAND bans yet and this is likely not to change assuming you do not use the NAND with CFW/homebrew online.

mrgames

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The recent banwave targeted mainly SX OS users who did not use emuNAND. There have not been any verified emuNAND bans yet and this is likely not to change assuming you do not use the NAND with CFW/homebrew online.

Have a brand new switch on firmware 3.0, completely clean - my plan is to have 2 emunands - one for online play, and one for homebrew, while keeping the sysnand untouched.

With that being said, is using a clean emunand (no homebrew/hacks) for game cart owned online play "safe"?

If so, know of any issues I should be aware of before proceeding on forth with the above outlined setup?

Last edited by mrgames,

mrgames

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
While no bans have been reported for people doing this, I cannot say with 100% confidence this is safe. This is further lessened by the fact that the stock emuMMC option from Hekate is broken.

I see, on that basis would avoid running online emunand until further updates / data trickles in. Would keeping my sysnand at 3.0 and creating a offline emunand for homebrew, be considered "safe", if managed correctly?

Rahkeesh

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Since we're already modifying "stock" to boot from hekate (sept) and now to run emunand, I wish we could also just add in proper reboot to payload/shutdown for auto-rcm'd units. I'm tempted to run atmosphere online just for that one feature as is.

Draxzelex

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi,
I super new here so I don't know if I'm doing anything wrong but I filled out the form thing.
Well congratulations on being the first person to ever complete the form via Notepad. As for the question at the end, you can only restore save data with homebrew or with Nintendo's online cloud service the first one defeats the purpose of what you're trying to accomplish while the second predisposes you to a potential ban.

Reactions: Tumbleweed

Stealth_Miner_

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Well congratulations on being the first person to ever complete the form via Notepad. As for the question at the end, you can only restore save data with homebrew or with Nintendo's online cloud service the first one defeats the purpose of what you're trying to accomplish while the second predisposes you to a potential ban.
so what would be the best thing for me to do?

Ishzark

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I assume that if my Switch is cert-banned, it's dead for online at all with no way to ever get back right?

So how can I update my Firmware if this is the case?

RealSpyKitty

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Israel
Can you use the eShop on the Switch? N
If you cannot access the eShop, when was the last time/date you were able to? before April 2018

Did you restore a clean hack-free NAND before going online? Y

Do you get the error code 2181-4008 trying to update your games? Y
Do you get error code 2137-7403 trying to update your system firmware? N
Can you login to Nintendo's website using your linked Nintendo Account? Y
SX OS used? N
Did you make an SX OS EmuNAND with a clean hack-free NAND then stay offline with it? N I made hekate EmuNAND with clean NAND
Trimmed .XCI? N
Did you connect to the Internet with SX OS and/or to activate the license? N
Did you play any .XCI files online with a certificate/header? N
Do you have a certificate/header ban (look for error code 2124-4025)? N no but I got2124-4508
Lowest SX Version used when Online/Offline (NOT Switch System Firmware)? N
What do you use Non-SX OS LayeredFS for? N
Did you connect to the Internet with a non-SX OS LayeredFS Inject? N if you mean payload I used hekate and was with 90dns
Played online w/ Non-SX OS Layered FS Injects? N
Did you inject an .XCI certificate using LayeredFS to play online? N
Used DevMenu? N
Installed any .NSP? Y
Did you connect to the Internet w/ any .NSP installed? N
Did you play any .NSP installed online? N
Did you perform any CDN/Freeshop downloading with your own Switch's certificate? N
Did you update your .XCI/.NSP games online? N
Did you ever use ReiNX? Y
Homebrew/non-SX CFW Used? Y ReiNX,Atmosphere error codes: 2181-4008, 2124-4508, 2016-1100, 2124-4007 (Specify any and all homebrew used/crashes/error codes)
Connect to Internet with homebrew/non-SX OS CFW? Y but only with 90DNS
Connect to eShop while using CFW/homebrew? N I was on airplane mod ever since I hacked my switch back in April 2018
AutoRCM? Hekate
Did you update your firmware using ChoiDujour or ChoiDujourNX? Y
Did you install the exFAT update offline? Y using ChoiDujour system update
receive-lp1.dg.srv.nintendo.net blocked and/or "Don't Share Usage Information" ticked under "Other Settings"? I turned the option off in the switch settings
Do you have eclct disabled (look for pm.kip under sysmodules/modules)? dont know
Do you have creport enabled (look for a folder named 0100000000000036 under titles)? Y/N
What firmware(s) were you on when you cleared error logs prior to going online? N never cleaned error logs, I used my clean nand to go online for the first time after I hacked the switch
Wi-Fi settings deleted in CFW? used 90dns
Console/Account Region(s) Europe
What device(s) do you use to send payloads with? Rekado and other 99% TegraRcmGUI
Do you enter RCM by bridging pins 9 & 10 together? N only the first times when setting up before later on using AutoRCM
If Banned, provide proof (video preferred)
Additional Comments: Dunno how I got banned im kinda triggered about that I have been in airplane mod ever since before I hacked my switch (april 2018) and made a nand backup, I restored it today to play online and I see that im banned when I try to connect to eshop in sysNAND. And now I gotta wait for new switch revision and get somehow new switch tablet only (I have to much of the other stuff jocons, doc exetra....). plz help I want to play splatoon..... Q.Q

Last edited by RealSpyKitty,
Reactions: Draxzelex

Draxzelex

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@RealSpyKitty Well I'll be. I've never seen anyone being banned after restoring a clean NAND. However I can think of two scenarios that wound up getting you banned. The first is the NAND backup you made was no good. What I mean is the NAND backup you initially made and subsequently restored was before Hekate could verify the NAND dump so you ended up dumping and restoring a corrupt NAND that flagged you for a ban. The second is that your Wi-Fi settings were not entered properly either with 90DNS not being setup properly or your console connected to a Nintendo Hotspot. Airplane Mode can get disabled which is part of the reason I never ask users if they use it as it has no impact on a ban.

RealSpyKitty

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Israel
@RealSpyKitty Well I'll be. I've never seen anyone being banned after restoring a clean NAND. However I can think of two scenarios that wound up getting you banned. The first is the NAND backup you made was no good. What I mean is the NAND backup you initially made and subsequently restored was before Hekate could verify the NAND dump so you ended up dumping and restoring a corrupt NAND that flagged you for a ban. .
You mean that I made a NAND backup to early and had to wait for Hekate to have the option to make a proper fully working backup?
When I was setting 90DNS I allways triple checked so I doubt that, and what do you mean by Nintendo Hotspot?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Keep current Gen consoles stock mod last gen imo