Draxzelex

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Several things...
Lowest SX Version used when Online/Offline (NOT Switch System Firmware)? 6.1.0
This question specifically says NOT Switch System Firmware but you either ignored that or forgot that 6.1 was a Switch System Firmware. I need the lowest SX Version you used offline/online. Secondly...
Did you restore a clean hack-free NAND before going online? Y

Did you make an SX OS EmuNAND with a clean hack-free NAND then stay offline with it? Y

Did you connect to the Internet with SX OS and/or to activate the license? Y

Did you connect to the Internet w/ any .NSP installed? Y on emunand
Clearly you did not stay offline with your emuNAND partition because not only did you go online to activate your SX OS license but you went online with .NSP files installed. Because of this, I changed your answers from using a clean hack-free NAND and using SX OS emuNAND to not because you used emuNAND incorrectly.

D

Deleted-172301

The only NSPs that I've used were forwarders in Emunand. Sorry if I wasn't clear. Let me update my post. Last SXOS that I used was 2.4. I do think that there may have been lapses when I booted into sysnand when I thought I was on emunand.

The only thing that I didn't do while on airplane mode was delete any active internet profiles. That is probably want contributed to the ban, but I'm pretty sure that I got banned when I updated on sysnand to 8.1.0 and got a blue screen. Its been a few days since that event and now that I finally have gotten my SD card setup and my homebrew loaded. I decided to check sysnand. Surprise surprise lol. I was able to download an ofw three days ago. So I may have gotten flagged when I had 7 fuses burnt on 6.1.0. Not sure.

Last edited by ,

Draxzelex

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The only NSPs that I've used were forwarders in Emunand. Sorry if I wasn't clear. Let me update my post. Last SXOS that I used was 2.4. I do think that there may have been lapses when I booted into sysnand when I thought I was on emunand.

The only thing that I didn't do while on airplane mode was delete any active internet profiles. That is probably want contributed to the ban, but I'm pretty sure that I got banned when I updated on sysnand to 8.1.0 and got a blue screen. Its been a few days since that event and now that I finally have gotten my SD card setup and my homebrew loaded. I decided to check sysnand. Surprise surprise lol. I was able to download an ofw three days ago. So I may have gotten flagged when I had 7 fuses burnt on 6.1.0. Not sure.
No, having a fuse mismatch does not lead to a ban otherwise I would've been banned ages ago. What got you banned was not keeping emuNAND offline and going online with SX OS with .NSP files installed which has already been proven to lead to a ban.

D

Deleted-172301

Thanks @Rahkeesh it actually wasn’t clear. I know a few logs are generated when an NSP is ran/installed. Wasn’t sure if a forwader would have generated a similar thing.

Well I have truely accepted why I was banned lol. .NSP files probably = instant ban IMO. Even with installing to EMUMMC/nand while incognito is installed.

Last edited by ,

Rahkeesh

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If your emunand never connected to Nintendo after installing nsps to it that would be odd and worth investigating. If you installed in incognito and then removed it and connected to Nintendo then the ban would make sense.

Reactions: Deleted-172301
D

Deleted-172301

I don't think that is the case. However, I was doing my config over the course of many late nights. So its possible that I might have..., but I don’t think I did.

My whole frustration with this is. Wasn’t emunand supposed to prevent nintendo from seeing the telemetry data that someone generates?

Draxzelex

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If your emunand never connected to Nintendo after installing nsps to it that would be odd and worth investigating. If you installed in incognito and then removed it and connected to Nintendo then the ban would make sense.
He activated his SX OS online from his console and was connected to the Internet with .NSP files. emuNAND was utterly useless for him because he did not stay offline with CFW/homebrew.

I don't think that is the case. However, I was doing my config over the course of many late nights. So its possible that I might have..., but I don’t think I did.

My whole frustration with this is. Wasn’t emunand supposed to prevent nintendo from seeing the telemetry data that someone generates?
No, emuNAND is just a second copy of your NAND. If you go online with CFW/homebrew, whether its sysNAND or emuNAND, you risk getting flagged for a ban.

D

Deleted-172301

Introducing a .NSP forwarder really sped up the ban process for my switch. However I know I had incognito installed to my emunand... Wait... It wasn't installed to my regular NAND... wellllll.... I didn't have an NSP installed to sysnand, but I can see why nintendo caught on.

Reactions: Yoni Arousement

Rahkeesh

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
He activated his SX OS online from his console and was connected to the Internet with .NSP files. emuNAND was utterly useless for him because he did not stay offline with CFW/homebrew.

He could have gone "online" with Incognito or 90DNS when doing the activation. I know you don't like these tools but they are relevant now with emunand. If Emunand and these tools work as they should then an emunand that is always "self-banned" via one of these tools should never phone Nintendo, and thus keep the stock sysnand that connects to Nintendo safe from a ban.

Last edited by Rahkeesh,
D

Deleted-172301

I activated SXOS manually ages ago. The recent ban is most likely related to the fact that I updated to 8.1.0 and went online after restoring nand with CFW. Not sure what exactly trigged it though, but I remember doing many things at once. Then when I finally setup L4T and EmuNAND I booted to sysnand to test, and I noticed I was banned.

dave7802

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
dave-hamilton.co.uk
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Am guilt of going online in CFW to play a game (Rocket League) Ive paid for the game and legit.
I also can happily come to terms if am banned, I knew the consequences.

But the past 3 days, i have been unable to access the online features, The message i get is not all that clear Ban message:

Error Code: 2124-4517
Network services are temporality not available
Please wait for a while and then try again.

If this error persists over an extended period of time. Please visit the Nintendo Support website.
Support.nintendo.com/switch/error

The website says:
What to Do:
  • This error code indicates network services might be temporarily unavailable due to abnormal device behavior.
  • Wait a few hours and then try connecting online again.

Any clues..... is the console suspended and in the process of being banned.. Ive not been able to find anyone else with this same error message

realjumy

Woooosh!
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Thanks @Rahkeesh it actually wasn’t clear. I know a few logs are generated when an NSP is ran/installed. Wasn’t sure if a forwader would have generated a similar thing.

Well I have truely accepted why I was banned lol. .NSP files probably = instant ban IMO. Even with installing to EMUMMC/nand while incognito is installed.

I don't know if I should write about this because I'm opposed to piracy. One of the big problems with the installation of .NSP files even if you are in EMUMMC is that if *anything* is written in the SD (game, savegames, etc) and you boot to SYSNAND, Horizon will try to read it and subsequently an error will be generated and reported when it discovers that is data signed for that console and user but the game was in reality not purchased. The only way to circumvent this would be making Horizon to access to only certain partition in the SD for savegames and stuff while on EMUMMC, in the same way they do to emulate the system (so EMUMMC should need 2 partitions: one for the system, and other for storing data user in the SD).

Draxzelex

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Am guilt of going online in CFW to play a game (Rocket League) Ive paid for the game and legit.
I also can happily come to terms if am banned, I knew the consequences.

But the past 3 days, i have been unable to access the online features, The message i get is not all that clear Ban message:

Error Code: 2124-4517
Network services are temporality not available
Please wait for a while and then try again.

If this error persists over an extended period of time. Please visit the Nintendo Support website.
Support.nintendo.com/switch/error

The website says:
What to Do:
  • This error code indicates network services might be temporarily unavailable due to abnormal device behavior.
  • Wait a few hours and then try connecting online again.

Any clues..... is the console suspended and in the process of being banned.. Ive not been able to find anyone else with this same error message
Since it is not a ban error code and this message pops up when trying to play the third-party game, Rocket League, my conclusion is that the servers for Rocket League may be temporarily down.

Vampirex

Dhampir
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Can you use the eShop on the Switch? Y
If you cannot access the eShop, when was the last time/date you were able to?
Did you restore a clean hack-free NAND before going online? N

Do you get the error code 2181-4008 trying to update your games? N
Do you get error code 2137-7403 trying to update your system firmware? N
Can you login to Nintendo's website using your linked Nintendo Account? Y
SX OS used? Y
Did you make an SX OS EmuNAND with a clean hack-free NAND then stay offline with it? N
Trimmed .XCI? Y
Did you connect to the Internet with SX OS and/or to activate the license? N
Did you play any .XCI files online with a certificate/header? N
Do you have a certificate/header ban (look for error code 2124-4025)? N
Lowest SX Version used when Online/Offline (NOT Switch System Firmware)? 1.1
What do you use Non-SX OS LayeredFS for? N
Did you connect to the Internet with a non-SX OS LayeredFS Inject? N
Played online w/ Non-SX OS Layered FS Injects? N
Did you inject an .XCI certificate using LayeredFS to play online? N
Used DevMenu? N
Installed any .NSP? N
Did you connect to the Internet w/ any .NSP installed? N
Did you play any .NSP installed online? N
Did you perform any CDN/Freeshop downloading with your own Switch's certificate? N
Did you update your .XCI/.NSP games online? OFW
Did you ever use ReiNX? N
Homebrew/non-SX CFW Used? Y (Only used EdiZon)
Connect to Internet with homebrew/non-SX OS CFW? N
Connect to eShop while using CFW/homebrew? N
AutoRCM? TX
Did you update your firmware using ChoiDujour or ChoiDujourNX? N (I always update via OFW settings)
Did you install the exFAT update offline? N
receive-lp1.dg.srv.nintendo.net blocked and/or "Don't Share Usage Information" ticked under "Other Settings"? Y (Using CC Proxy to block specific servers)
Do you have eclct disabled (look for pm.kip under sysmodules/modules)? N
Do you have creport enabled (look for a folder named 0100000000000036 under titles)? N
What firmware(s) were you on when you cleared error logs prior to going online? N
Wi-Fi settings deleted in CFW? N (Airplane Mode)
Console/Account Region(s) US Console, US/EU & JP Accounts
What device(s) do you use to send payloads with? SX Pro Dongle
Do you enter RCM by bridging pins 9 & 10 together? Jig

Last edited by Vampirex,
Reactions: Draxzelex

realjumy

Woooosh!
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
You shouldn't have posted because you don't know what you're talking about. Nothing in your post applies to the current (proper) emuMMC implementation supported by Atmosphere.
Current (proper) emuMMC by Atmosphere still uses a SD partition only for system, and it does not use a different SD partition for general console access. If you have a SD card, you will use the same partition to store non-emulated data regardless of you using emuMMC or sysnand.

In any case, it's something only people installing NSP files should worry about. People using homebrew apps have the error redirection to external file and therefore they should be more or less safe.

dave7802

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
dave-hamilton.co.uk
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Since it is not a ban error code and this message pops up when trying to play the third-party game, Rocket League, my conclusion is that the servers for Rocket League may be temporarily down.

Get the same message when accessing friend list, Eshop store, or updating any game. All online functions are no longer working.
I presume this is a Ban, Just a slightly different message. Or maybe a Soft Ban on the fact if the Console is clean then it may restore functionality. (After speaking with customer services am told that this is only a temp message and normally only present for a few hours to a day) Ive had this for 6 /7 days now.
But given i cannot clear logs etc, then there is no way i can confirm. I only have a Full Backup from 6.1 am now running 8.1

I aint that fussed about it TBH, But just reporting what's what in-case of others user experiencing the same error / issue

Rahkeesh

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
emuMMC by default uses a different "Nintendo" folder than the standard one, in something like emummc/raw1/Nintendo. You can change this with a config file. Normally if you've been playing on a hacked console forever, you should move all the contents of the Nintendo folder into the emulated spot, and let sysMMC fill the real Nintendo folder with its own contents. Then when stock sysMMC is working "normally" it shouldn't see anything. Although they could always scour the entire SD card, but the current theory is that they won't do that. And its not even clear if the Nintendo folder is something they flag anyway, there should be leftover tickets and logs and other traces from nsps in the MMC they can find if you aren't using a clean one.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Curious which homebrew you have used. Especially if you were doing all kinds of things offline with the same MMC.

Last edited by Rahkeesh,

dave7802

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
dave-hamilton.co.uk
XP
Country
United Kingdom
emuMMC by default uses a different "Nintendo" folder than the standard one, in something like emummc/raw1/Nintendo. You can change this with a config file. Normally if you've been playing on a hacked console forever, you should move all the contents of the Nintendo folder into the emulated spot, and let sysMMC fill the real Nintendo folder with its own contents. Then when stock sysMMC is working "normally" it shouldn't see anything. Although they could always scour the entire SD card, but the current theory is that they won't do that. And its not even clear if the Nintendo folder is something they flag anyway, there should be leftover tickets and logs and other traces from nsps in the MMC they can find if you aren't using a clean one.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Curious which homebrew you have used. Especially if you were doing all kinds of things offline with the same MMC.

CFW SX OS
I was mainly using Retro Arch, But there was a Repacked version on darkumbra, With Various tweaks and HD texture packs all together for a few Roms, Included with Forwarders. It was only after i used this i had noticed i was restricted to the online features.
I cannot say for 100% this was the cause, as i hadn't been online for a few days. But this is all i can think of, It was the only thing i had changed on the Switch / SD Card.
But this could of been a coincidence and i was already flagged as suspicious before hand. Its not like i was careful going online apart from only going online when i was playing / had open my legit games.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy: man that was some good Chinese takeout