Hacking Nintendo Switch Banning Hub & Warning

tbb043

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
thread title sucks, makes it sound like plugging in a usb hub results in a ban, which would be silly even for Nintendo.

silverspring

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Were you online before the ban wave / you cleared the log files?

I booted into hekate yesterday morning and played around with Retroarch for around an hour. I accessed the eshop and browsed for around 5 minutes before putting the unit into sleep until later in the evening when I cleared the log, went back into hekate, played a bit more Retroarch and put to sleep overnight. When I woke up, I opened Retroarch which crashed the switch so I rebooted back into hekate. Retroarch worked fine, but later when accessing the eshop, got the same error people are reporting here. The console is now banned from online. Last night was the first time I have cleared the log. Now it may be coincidental that the console is banned following clearing the log, but I believe there is some check in place that tells Nintendo that you've cleared the log and flags it.

But meh, not bothered. Really only got the switch for homebrew, so it is what it is.

Spy Pirate Shado

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I booted into hekate yesterday morning and played around with Retroarch for around an hour. I accessed the eshop and browsed for around 5 minutes before putting the unit into sleep until later in the evening when I cleared the log, went back into hekate, played a bit more Retroarch and put to sleep overnight. When I woke up, I opened Retroarch which crashed the switch so I rebooted back into hekate. Retroarch worked fine, but later when accessing the eshop, got the same error people are reporting here. The console is now banned from online. Last night was the first time I have cleared the log. Now it may be coincidental that the console is banned following clearing the log, but I believe there is some check in place that tells Nintendo that you've cleared the log and flags it.

But meh, not bothered. Really only got the switch for homebrew, so it is what it is.

You said you were booted into hekate, played homebrew and even checked the eshop, so at some point you were presumably online with a CFW loaded and used homebrew while online? You potentially even did something so innocuous as cleared logs (requiring a reboot) while having a wireless connection even set up, even if you had airplane mode toggled at all important times.

There's all sorts of things you could have done "wrong" or at least didn't do "quite the most safe way" to point blame at the log-clearing itself as the culprit. For all we know, retroarch crashing the switch at any point ever could be the flag.

I'm starting to think that unless you run through a complicated ritual of sorts before ever thinking about even making wireless connection settings, not to mention keeping airplane mode on...possibly even going so far as removing all non-homebrew-related files on a microSD card before connecting online that you run the risk of getting flagged for something.

It is still worth noting that 100% only using homebrew at all as your only "vice" still got you banned, though.

Reactions: lukhart

tyler004

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada

can`t becuz u cleared the log I do it all the time

V-Temp

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
From the data, it seems they just banned for everything. This forum being more enthusiast would lean more in data for early/do it yourself stuff, so that's going to bias LFS.

But nothing seems particularly safe. It's more a matter of when rather than if. (Cert injection/cert mismatches is also a common overlap between SX and LFS but would be impossible to single out as it is overlapped with both methods.)

tyler004

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
From the data, it seems they just banned for everything. This forum being more enthusiast would lean more in data for early/do it yourself stuff, so that's going to bias LFS.

But nothing seems particularly safe. It's more a matter of when rather than if. (Cert injection/cert mismatches is also a common overlap between SX and LFS but would be impossible to single out as it is overlapped with both methods.)
that's y im testing if they ban for emulators and save edits cuz if I have layered fs or sx os I wouldn`t know if just hekate homebrew is the cause

V-Temp

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
that's y im testing if they ban for emulators and save edits cuz if I have layered fs or sx os I wouldn`t know if just hekate homebrew is the cause

It's possible that those who did basic Homebrew got caught be an overzealous VAC system. Certain reports may flag a ban regardless of activity as they'd be non-differentiable. After the icon fiasco, it's possible they are also making their system far more draconian.

tyler004

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
It's possible that those who did basic Homebrew got caught be an overzealous VAC system. Certain reports may flag a ban regardless of activity as they'd be non-differentiable. After the icon fiasco, it's possible they are also making their system far more draconian.
that's y im using clear logs to but even if I do get ban for homebrew and emulators/ save edits then I`ll just back up all my physical with layered fs or sx os and then Nintendo can suck it cuz most my games r physical anyways and onlines not the biggest worry to lose cuz they suck at online if learn from this failed connection crap in splatoon 2 with great internet

elm

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Quick question:

Has anyone got banned for just playing their TX OS offline and then just going into the eShop.
I don't have any plans on playing online games but I do love the eShop, so any safe way of me doing this?

V-Temp

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Quick question:

Has anyone got banned for just playing their TX OS offline and then just going into the eShop.
I don't have any plans on playing online games but I do love the eShop, so any safe way of me doing this?

Yes.

Reactions: elm

V-Temp

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Damn!! Well I guess I'm shelfing the Pro TX OS until a solution (if any).

Going online will never be safe unless you ask Nintendo for their methodology. And even figuring it out is fleeting as it can always be changed with firmware changes.

Axido

Maker of TRASLApp
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Banned: Yup
Used any CDN Downloader: N
Unchecked "Send Errors" in Menu: Y
Cleared Error Logs prior to going Online: Y (using Hekate)
SX OS used offline: Y
SX OS used online: N
Played with SX Backups online: N
Layered FS Used offline: Y
Layered FS Used online: Y (accidentally once)
Played with Layered FS Injects online: N
Homebrew Offline: Y
Connect internet with homebrew: Y
Connect to eShop during CFW: N
Played with Layered FS Injects with OwnCert.: N
Does the Eshop work: N
Backups updated: Y (CFW)
WiFi settings deleted: N
Airplane mode: Y
AutoRCM: N
SX OS Version used when Online: SX OS was always in Airplane mode
Auto Game Update/Downloads deactivated: N

A few days ago I tested if I was still unbanned using my own digital copy of Rocket League in OFW after clearing logs as mentioned above. That all went fine. That could have been the moment that flagged me. Did the same today and ran into error 2124-4007. All online services including eShop don't work anymore.
I'm not into online that much, so it's no loss at all.

Reactions: Draxzelex

tyler004

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Banned: Yup
Unchecked "Send Errors" in Menu: Y
Cleared Error Logs prior to going Online: Y (using Hekate)
SX OS used offline: Y
SX OS used online: N
Layered FS Used offline: Y
Layered FS Used online: Y (accidentally once)
Homebrew Offline: Y
Connect internet with homebrew: Y
Connect to eShop during CFW: N
Does the Eshop work: N
Backups updated: Y (CFW)
Airplane mode: Y
AutoRCM: N
SX OS Version used when Online: SX OS was always in Airplane mode
Auto Game Update/Downloads deactivated: N

A few days ago I tested if I was still unbanned using my own digital copy of Rocket League in OFW after clearing logs as mentioned above. That all went fine. That could have been the moment that flagged me. Did the same today and ran into error 2124-4007. All online services including eShop don't work anymore.
I'm not into online that much, so it's no loss at all.
yea but u said u use layered fs so how do u know that not the cause cuz I cleared my logs two day agos and today online is fine for me

Michael Morsette

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
  1. Banned: N
    Cleared Error Logs prior to going Online with nx-dreport: N
    Disabled "Send Error Information" in System Settings: Y
    SX OS used: Y
    SX OS used online: Y
    Layered FS Used: N
    Layered FS Used online: N
    Homebrew/CFW Offline: Y
    Connect internet with homebrew/CFW: Y
    Connect to eShop during CFW/homebrew: Y
    Does the eShop work: Y
    Backups updated: N
    Airplane mode: N
    AutoRCM: Y TX
    SX OS Version used when Online: 1.0 and 1.1
    Auto-Update Software: N

Axido

Maker of TRASLApp
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
yea but u said u use layered fs so how do u know that not the cause cuz I cleared my logs two day agos and today online is fine for me

Where exactly did I say that it's not the cause? The moment that SciresM stated he implemented code in Atmosphere that could lead to bans, I was expecting this, since it was already too late to revert to a safer state.

Last edited by Axido,

lukhart

GBAtemp Stand User
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Quick question:

Currently no ban for only SX offline use has been reported. Users who used SX offline and received a ban either had used Homebrew or LayeredFS before

slicer2k

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Guys come on it's too early to N start banning everyone, eventually they will get rid of hackers, either be layerdfs, osx or megahyperblasterbackuploaderexpress that's one thing for sure, there is no safe hack. Enjoy your online play while you can.

DutchyDutch

COPYRIGHT LOLOLOLOL
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
So, I'm not banned right now. Does that mean that if from now on I don't do any jig stuff, I won't get banned? I removed my SD card as well. Should I clear logs?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    S @ salazarcosplay: good morning everyone