Hacking Nintendo Switch Android TV

D

Deleted User

errr i dont get why anyone would want android on this thing. Just for streaming and horrible mobile games with in-app purchase??? i just can't..........
Emulators, VMWare-like tools etc.
Who wouldn't want to play CS1.6 on Switch?

the_randomizer

The Temp's official fox whisperer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Fun fact: He actually regrets it [lmao]

He's just a butthurt little moron, a lot of good that did his company :lol:
errr i dont get why anyone would want android on this thing. Just for streaming and horrible mobile games with in-app purchase??? i just can't..........

Someone here never used Android before in conjunction with emulators, etc XD

Reactions: Deleted User

Pluupy

_(:3」∠)_
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm sorry, but saying "don't get ANY android tv set because this one I got sucks" is kinda stupid. You are generalizing all android tv off of your experience with the extremely closed environment that Amazon gives you. Not all android tv devices do that. Plus this wasn't even really on topic.
Nintendo Switch Android TV
Then show me one Android TV device that actually runs the apps it claims to run. There is no reason why anyone would want this broken Android on a well-functioning device such as the Nintendo Switch.

owek1

Master Sword Wielder
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Emulators, VMWare-like tools etc.
Who wouldn't want to play CS1.6 on Switch?

well, if we could play Switch games without issues on using Android OS then i
He's just a butthurt little moron, a lot of good that did his company :lol:

Someone here never used Android before in conjunction with emulators, etc XD

LOL i actually used a GBA emulator on my Samsung Galaxy S6 thanks.. what im worried is the functionality of the Switch which isnt intended to run android OS in the first place..im thinking about issues with games.

the_randomizer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
well, if we could play Switch games without issues on using Android OS then i

LOL i actually used a GBA emulator on my Samsung Galaxy S6 thanks.. what im worried is the functionality of the Switch which isnt intended to run android OS in the first place..im thinking about issues with games.

I was talking about the CEO of Cynagenmod as being the idiot who squandered his chances, I wasn't directing that at anyone on here. How do we know that though? We don't.

TheCyberQuake

Certified Geek
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Then show me one Android TV device that actually runs the apps it claims to run. There is no reason why anyone would want this broken Android on a well-functioning device such as the Nintendo Switch.
Shield tv runs games like portal. Amazon purposely closed off what you can use to try to prevent the device being hacked or running things like kodi. Most other android tv devices use an open android environment.

Reactions: TotalInsanity4

jt_1258

Ella
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
amazon has to be literally one of the worst examples of any form of android device

Reactions: TheCyberQuake

punderino

aka Big-PeePee Swinger
Trophies
Website
www.anus.trade
XP
Country
United States
Getting android running on it is actually the better case here.

1) We get access to being able to make and use our own homebrew and apps, games and emulators.
2) Nintendo Switch games stay locked down, blocking piracy from occuring.

Low piracy, with Linux/Android being used for our homebrew and emulators. This means the best of both worlds. Nintendo stays happy, and we stay happy too.
Uhm, number 2 will never happen. If he get enough permission to run Android, piracy will already be strong and going.

APartOfMe

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
oh my god

This is clearly hard for a lot of people in this forum but the Switch having the same SoC as a shield TV is not the same as Triforce and the gamecube sharing hardware. Triforce pretty much *was* a gamecube, whereas the Switch's OS, kernel, syscalls etc. are all completely different to that of an android device. It's not as simple as just recompiling to an apk, there's an entirely different system architecture to negotiate. And before you pull some 'BUT IT'S THE SAME ARCHITECTURE' - yes, the chip is. The system as a whole, encompassing hardware, firmware and software, is not.

This is like saying you could play DS games on android just by recompiling them, because Android phones are ARM and the DS had ARM cpus. Please stop talking about things you don't understand.
look at drastic, you can play ds games without lag, an all you have to do is download the .nds file

punderino

aka Big-PeePee Swinger
Trophies
Website
www.anus.trade
XP
Country
United States
oh my god

This is clearly hard for a lot of people in this forum but the Switch having the same SoC as a shield TV is not the same as Triforce and the gamecube sharing hardware. Triforce pretty much *was* a gamecube, whereas the Switch's OS, kernel, syscalls etc. are all completely different to that of an android device. It's not as simple as just recompiling to an apk, there's an entirely different system architecture to negotiate. And before you pull some 'BUT IT'S THE SAME ARCHITECTURE' - yes, the chip is. The system as a whole, encompassing hardware, firmware and software, is not.

This is like saying you could play DS games on android just by recompiling them, because Android phones are ARM and the DS had ARM cpus. Please stop talking about things you don't understand.
Android has an x86 port, and I think most people are speaking of compiling it for the Switch and booting it from the bootloader. Which would require a boot exploit. Which won't happen for a long long time.

Kioku

猫。子猫です!
Trophies
Website
www.twitch.tv
XP
Country
United States
Android has an x86 port, and I think most people are speaking of compiling it for the Switch and booting it from the bootloader. Which would require a boot exploit. Which won't happen for a long long time.
Then you'd have hacky driver support, if any at all. Awkward compatibility issues, and hardware problems. It wouldn't be worth it.

punderino

aka Big-PeePee Swinger
Trophies
Website
www.anus.trade
XP
Country
United States

Kioku

猫。子猫です!
Trophies
Website
www.twitch.tv
XP
Country
United States
Because why not man, for the fun? Never said it would be stable tho, that's more of the fun. Working on it and making it stable, fixing the issues.

Why? Sounds too long term to be worth anything.

Kioku

猫。子猫です!
Trophies
Website
www.twitch.tv
XP
Country
United States
Android works the same way as Sandbox games.
In other words, bricking it and unbricking it is fun.

I guess. Assuming it doesn't come to public use until a stable enough release is made. You give the community something that can permanently damage their device.. Repeatedly warn them of the dangers.. And they still use it anyway.. They throw the biggest fit. I remember when A9LH was "leaked"... Oh my god.

Reactions: Deleted User

the_randomizer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't know. I really don't want to know.

Android is fine as is, and suits perfectly with ARM and apps designed for ARM. Ever tried loading an emulator optimized for Android with x86 CPU Android device? It doesn't work well. Most devs don't waste their time with x86 Android devices.

Reactions: Kioku

GerbilSoft

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
that
is
an
emulator
holy shit you do not know at all what you are talking about
1999 Power Macintosh G3 = PowerPC 750
Nintendo Wii = PowerPC 750

Clearly, all you need to do to play Wii games on an old Macintosh is put the disc in and connect the controllers, since the CPU is the only thing that matters. /s

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: it won't make it better or worse