Nintendo Switch 9.0.0 system software update now out

bundle_color_portable (1).jpg

Get ready for stability, as it's time for a new Nintendo Switch system software update. This software version, puts the Switch at v9.0.0, and brings in some new additions that aren't just the average stability, such as a search feature for the news channel, ability to set alarms which will come with supported software later down the line, along with a Joy-Con firmware update, an "invite to online play" function, being able to turn off system button input for the Switch Lite, and being able to edit the touch screen's sensitivity. This system version also fixes a problem with crashing that Fire Emblem: Three House's expansion pass had. The full patch notes are below.

Ver. 9.0.0 (Released September 9, 2019)
Added the following system functionality:

• Added a search feature for the News Channel.
    • Channels can be searched using filters or free text.
  • Added “Display QR Code to Check In” to User Settings.
    • You can display a QR Code on-screen to check in using your Nintendo Account.
  • Alarm Notifications have been added to System Settings > Notifications.
    • You can check or delete pre-set alarms.
    • Alarms can be set up only within supported software (to be added at a later time).
    • A controller firmware update may be required to use this feature.
  • You can now configure touch screen sensitivity settings.
    • Select between Standard and Stylus sensitivity (optimized for stylus input).
  • Added the option to turn on/off the system button input (Nintendo Switch Lite only).
    • When this setting is turned off the system no longer receives input from the console buttons, with the exception of the Capture and HOME Buttons, and can only be operated from a wirelessly paired controller (sold separately).
    • This setting is on by default and can only be turned off if a compatible controller (sold separately) is wirelessly paired to the console.
    • The setting will automatically turn back on when the console is restarted or after returning from sleep mode.
  • Added “Online Play Invites” section to the User's page.
    • Invites from friends to join online play in supported software will be displayed in this section.
  • General system stability improvements to enhance the user's experience.
    • Resolved an issue where some users can’t start the Fire Emblem: Three Houses game, and get an error instead.

:arrow: Source
:arrow: yls8 Page

Proto-Propski

Legally Weird!
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Well, here's to hope that before 2024 Nintendo will confirm folders are theoretically impossible, and we should stop dreaming.

With each version I am left wanting more, and getting less, just by seeing these stability updates.

PoiRan

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
Sigh, got a launch day Switch in great condition today, planned on linking a NNID before creating emunand and use cfw, but I can't link a NNID unless I update to 9.0 first apparently (currently at 8.1). I guess I'll have to wait a while. (I'm not sure a NNID is really needed, complete Switch noob here, but if I want to install apps I guess I need a NNID). Guess I'm lucky 9.0 CFW doesn't seem to take forever.

NeroAngelo

Clueless Importer
Trophies
XP
Country
Libya
Sigh, got a launch day Switch in great condition today, planned on linking a NNID before creating emunand and use cfw, but I can't link a NNID unless I update to 9.0 first apparently (currently at 8.1). I guess I'll have to wait a while. (I'm not sure a NNID is really needed, complete Switch noob here, but if I want to install apps I guess I need a NNID). Guess I'm lucky 9.0 CFW doesn't seem to take forever.
Linking NNID to your emuNAND is just needed if you want to play game dumps that require NNID before people patch the requirement out

Zerousen

【=◈︿◈=】
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My chances of finding a vulnerable Switch that isn't ruined already (eithet ban or hardware fault) is next to none. Same as finding a working CECHA ps3, basically.

Trying to avoid as much frustration as possible, here. A stock one just has no appeal. But want to be able to stream gameplay.
Actually the way that I got my hackable switch was I asked a GameStop employee if they could bring a few units out and let me look at the serial numbers lol. She brought out 5 units and 3 of them were hackable and I just grabbed one. This was back in January of this year.

codezer0

Gaming keeps me sane
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Actually the way that I got my hackable switch was I asked a GameStop employee if they could bring a few units out and let me look at the serial numbers lol. She brought out 5 units and 3 of them were hackable and I just grabbed one. This was back in January of this year.
Nobody around here provides that pevel of service. As is, can't even find more than one second-hand nintendo switch, if ever. And even then, I'm not even saving 10% over buying a brand new unit. So, not a lot of incentive to get one with a known, bad battery.

jeffHuds

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Ha, that's a great story! I wonder what that employee was thinking.

SonicRings

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I remember the time when consoles never updated but worked great... At least no one bothered and nagged me to update everytime i connect to the internet, not to mention some consoles don't even ask, they just do so you need to wait.
Not just consoles, every new device.

As much as i i thought thats a good thing that much it gets annoying.

The amount of time we spend updating consoles and such, and medling with them can easily render updates as games to play with. not verry interesting but games. After update you say..oh man, that was fun one hour update, ill play it again tomorrow! xD

:)
Idk what you're talking about but the switch update took all of 5 seconds for me.

regnad

Button Masher
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
Apparently Scires has AMS running on 9.0 and is just ironing out some things.

That bad news is that the update made button input undetectable and ALL homebrew will need to becrecompiled.

dzodzo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Apparently Scires has AMS running on 9.0 and is just ironing out some things.
Great news!!! Can you share source link about that?

That bad news is that the update made button input undetectable and ALL homebrew will need to becrecompiled.
What does it mean? As a rookie person May I ask for more details, or link to tutorial?

Many thanks in advance.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Nevermind. Found his tweet ;)

BlaBla1973

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands Antilles
Almost done ;)
Code:
Well, Atmosphere more or less fully supports 9.0.0...but 9.0.0 apparently changed HID state population in a way that causes all libnx homebrew to fail to see button presses. Update will be delayed a day or two while we decide the best way to deal with that...

regnad

Button Masher
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
So what will this mean for homebrews that have seemingly been abandoned by their developers? I love nxmtp and use it all the time, but aside from its initial “pre-release” it’s never been updated, and the developer has disappeared AFAIK.

Will it be possible to make these kinds of homebrew compatible with 9.0, considering it no longer recognizes button inputs the same?

mikodu25

Trophies
XP
Country
France
[QUOTE = "Silent_Gunner, post: 8784766, member: 414976"] La stabilité se stabilise

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • ShdwTakashi @ ShdwTakashi:
    Good morning!
  • ShdwTakashi @ ShdwTakashi:
    pineapple belong on pizza? The answer is yes until proven otherwise
  • StatusN @ StatusN:
    hi, i need help with unbanning my 3ds, can somebody show me a link to a seed that still works and isnt yet banned, mine got banned yesterday
  • A @ anotherthing:
    The Nintendo servers are going down in 9 days anyway.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Good morning
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @StatusN, welcome
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    hey qwerty look at that you ain't the youngest here anymore
    +1
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    Had a question on 3ds
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    will one still be able to transfer pokemon from the ds 3ds games to Switch
  • A @ anotherthing:
    Supposedly Bank isn't going down.
  • StatusN @ StatusN:
    i know they are @anotherthing but i modded m y 3ds last month and i installed pretendo but as my 3ds got banned i need a friend seed to unblock my 3ds
  • A @ anotherthing:
    You got banned from Pretendo?
  • StatusN @ StatusN:
    online ban
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    @anotherthing I think Nintendo should have just re released all pokemon games on the switch
    +1
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    let you transfer it all
  • StatusN @ StatusN:
    bank got shutdown in april last year
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @salazarcosplay, yea the only game they rereleased are the game boy and games boy color ones (remakes don't count)
  • StatusN @ StatusN:
    does anyone have a friend seed link to a seed that isnt already banned and is new, if anyone does then thanks
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    @Xdqwerty I refuse to get Nintendo Switch online
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    until they add pokemon mainline games
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    they could very easily do so
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @salazarcosplay, i meant that they got rereleased in virtual console in 3ds
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    @Xdqwerty why cant they do so for the switch :sad:
  • A @ anotherthing:
    Online was free on the 3DS as well, and it worked well.
    +1
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    I can't help but think nintendo switch online is the reason we did not get a gameboy/n64/gamecube
    mini classic edition
    +1
    S @ salazarcosplay: I can't help but think nintendo switch online is the reason we did not get a... +1