That's cool, but the Switch controllers are literally the worst on the market lol. My Easy SMX is better in every way, and somehow cheaper than a Switch 2 pro controller.
I use my switch pro controller for everything on pc , windows/steam os , supported natively . I really wish Nintendo would let us use our controllers as we see fit
Also I use a ps4 controller on switch via Mission control , don't ask why I just like it better for most games/emulator
That's cool, but the Switch controllers are literally the worst on the market lol. My Easy SMX is better in every way, and somehow cheaper than a Switch 2 pro controller.
Have you not tried Gyro game play, now even PS5 controllers support it. Once dialed in is the only way to play most games. I would agree Nintendo/PS5 controllers are vastly overpriced but people also discount things like gyro you cannot get elsewhere and when it does exist is inferior. I have heard the gyro that does exist in these but is bad, so will stick to 8Bitdo or Nintendo.
I use my switch pro controller for everything on pc , windows/steam os , supported natively . I really wish Nintendo would let us use our controllers as we see fit
Also I use a ps4 controller on switch via Mission control , don't ask why I just like it better for most games/emulator
Steam has supported Switch controllers for years and it can connect to PC natively just fine on bluetooth (Also on USB I think), Nintendo doesn't lock you out, Microsoft just doesn't build in support for them natively leading to issues. It really is a Windows limitation not Nintendo.
I don't mind as you can bypass it by adding games to your steam library, steam controller support is better than any controller app, most of which default to Xbox buttons in games, even BetterJoy the best non steam version for switch controllers is limited and still has issues in games.
Although I will check out mission control, does it show Switch buttons in games?
Have you not tried Gyro game play, now even PS5 controllers support it. Once dialed in is the only way to play most games. I would agree Nintendo/PS5 controllers are vastly overpriced but people also discount things like gyro you cannot get elsewhere and when it does exist is inferior. I have heard the gyro that does exist in these but is bad, so will stick to 8Bitdo or Nintendo.
Post automatically merged:
Steam has supported Switch controllers for years and it can connect to PC natively just fine on bluetooth (Also on USB I think), Nintendo doesn't lock you out, Microsoft just doesn't build in support for them natively leading to issues. It really is a Windows limitation not Nintendo.
I don't mind as you can bypass it by adding games to your steam library, steam controller support is better than any controller app, most of which default to Xbox buttons in games, even BetterJoy the best non steam version for switch controllers is limited and still has issues in games.
Although I will check out mission control, does it show Switch buttons in games?
Mainly for first person games, but if you play any there is no reason to use anything else. It beats out even mouse and keyboard setups once dialed in.
You still use the stick to aim and use gyro on top of that for smaller movements leading to accuracy you cannot get on any other setup. It is like having two inputs for aiming that overlap. Although it does take 30 minutes to an hour to dial in the profile but once set you can use the same profile for any FPS type games.
I had the WaveBird for a while and mainly used it on my Wii U to play MK8, it was nice to see Nintendo made a wireless GCN, but the lack of rumble was pretty disappointing.
Now, we have a wireless GCN controller by Nintendo and all's good? Well... No. Why is the ZL button so miniscule, I don't get it.
They should have just made a shoulder button like the Z. Other than that, love it.
I'll probably still buy the wired GCN when they make them for the next Smash game.
The PlayStation 5 scene has received a massive breakthrough with the public release of Relapse, a new exploit chain developed by Nathan Fargo in collaboration with...
After being announced last week, the first of two broadcasts is set to go live later today with a stark focus on The Legend of Zelda and its 40th anniversary...
It's that time again folks, an update for the Switch and Switch 2, and a surprisingly big one at that! At lease for folks on the Switch 2. The most notable feature...
It's that time again. Prepare your Switch updates! Or prepare to forgive your sister's nephew's dog for updating your Switch a few weeks ago. Atmosphere v1.12.0 has...
The 2007 Nintendo Wii classic Super Mario Galaxy has reportedly been 100% decompiled by the SMGCommunity under the project codename Petari, and now a standalone PC...
Are you tired of waiting for Nintendo to release a definitive version of their GameCube classic on a console that's sold more than four units? Then step right up! A...
The second of a two-part special, a more traditional Nintendo Direct is set to air today. Unlike the Zelda Direct the contents of this one is still relatively up in...
After an accidental leaking of their review video from Linus Tech Tips last week, we somewhat knew that news on Steam's latest VR venture was imminent. Today the...
Over the weekend a number of Switch and Switch 2 related subreddits came alive with people reporting bans on their Switch 2 consoles out of nowhere. The error code...
Announced a few days ago, Nintendo of America have today launched their Customer Appreciation Sale. Featuring 30% discounts across a wide range of popular first-party...
After being announced last week, the first of two broadcasts is set to go live later today with a stark focus on The Legend of Zelda and its 40th anniversary...
It's been something of a quiet week in the gaming space, with the deluge of big hitters trying to find their place before GTA 6 launches really kicking off next week...
Are you tired of waiting for Nintendo to release a definitive version of their GameCube classic on a console that's sold more than four units? Then step right up! A...
The in-progress Switch port of the 2013 Rockstar Games Grand Theft Auto V has been forced to end progress after Take-Two Interactive has threatened legal action...
After an accidental leaking of their review video from Linus Tech Tips last week, we somewhat knew that news on Steam's latest VR venture was imminent. Today the...
The second of a two-part special, a more traditional Nintendo Direct is set to air today. Unlike the Zelda Direct the contents of this one is still relatively up in...
The PlayStation 5 scene has received a massive breakthrough with the public release of Relapse, a new exploit chain developed by Nathan Fargo in collaboration with...
Announced a few days ago, Nintendo of America have today launched their Customer Appreciation Sale. Featuring 30% discounts across a wide range of popular first-party...
A few days ago Chary stepped down as Chief Editor after 5 wonderful years, and everyone guessed the seat wouldn't stay empty for very long. Back in 2021 I proudly...
From my post earlier this week you probably already know which game I'm talking about. Fire Emblem released yesterday to some pretty rave reviews. Looking at...