OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
QUOTE said:
thumb_Anhang_2.jpg

As you can see, the Wii Shop Channel has updated their Nintendo Points cards imagery. Looks like we're getting ready for the 3DS eShop, as well as the phasing out of points cards. Remember, Nintendo's system will no longer use points, but regular dollar amounts. It's not like the amounts were hard to convert before, but having regular cash values just makes more sense.
http://gonintendo.com/viewstory.php?id=158588

SamAsh07

Trophies
XP
Country
Bosnia and Herzegovina
So that means along with eShop, DSiWare and WiiWare on the DSi and Wii respectively, will also use these $ cards now??

chris888222

GBAtemp's Flygon Fan
Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
I seriously prefer actual dollars.

Seriously, on the xbox, microsoft points really gave me a headache.

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
chris888222 said:
I seriously prefer actual dollars.

Seriously, on the xbox, microsoft points really gave me a headache.

"Points" or "Virtual Currency" are a precaution measure. Would you rather if in case of the servers getting hacked, loose actual currency or credit card information, or some virtual points with no NET worth whatsoever? Credit Card information should not be necessary for having an account - the system should prompt for it after your cart is ready for check-out, like... every other store on the planet other than PSN.

The only thing I disliked about the system was that DSiPoints and WiiPoints were not a unified system. Stars, WiiPoints and DSiPoints were untransferable, meaning that you could exchange Stars for a card, but once the card was uploaded onto either DSi or Wii Points, you were not able to allocate them on your other system anymore.

Each Nintendo customer should have a unified account with all his "Nintendo Points" to use them however he pleases, Stars have no use whatsoever.

Who wants to keep track of 3 (now with the 3DS, 4) point systems when you can have 1 universal one? That's *much* more sensible.

They wouldn't even need to change much - we all have Nintendo Club accounts anyways, even with diverse Friend Codes for the systems the points could be allocated on the main Club account.

Why is it that it seems so difficult for Nintendo to pull off? It's *not* difficult.

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
SamAsh07 said:
@Foxi4 - You're idea is quite impressive, try mailing this to Nintendo they might listen
biggrin.gif

They will not. Because it calculates for Nintendo's losses.

When you had 120 billion DSi points, but 0 Wii points, you still had to buy a 1000 Wii points to get some nice WiiWare or a good VC title.

Points transfer equals less money-grubbing rip offs, and Nintendo will *never* go down with it. That's just not how they roll.

SamAsh07

Trophies
XP
Country
Bosnia and Herzegovina
Foxi4 said:
SamAsh07 said:
@Foxi4 - You're idea is quite impressive, try mailing this to Nintendo they might listen
biggrin.gif

When you had 120 billion DSi points, but 0 Wii points, you still had to buy a 1000 Wii points to get some nice WiiWare or a good VC title.

Points transfer equals less money-grubbing rip offs, and Nintendo will *never* go down with it. That's just not how they roll.
Lol, imagine they announce something similar to this at E3.

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
SamAsh07 said:
Foxi4 said:
SamAsh07 said:
biggrin.gif

Lol, imagine they announce something similar to this at E3.

I would be *quite* suprised, and at the same time, very happy.

I'm a Nintendo Fan since the Game Boy era, but some of their policies just piss me off to no end.

SamAsh07

Trophies
XP
Country
Bosnia and Herzegovina
Same here, been a fan since Gameboy era, though I did deviate away from Nintendo fan boy-ism when the PS2 was released, HOWEVER, when PS3 came and I found out you need to get a frigging new TV just to play it with all its potential I gave up hope, and bought a Wii, though I've been buying every Nintendo hand-held after the DS phat (apart from Micro and XL, they don't interest me).

I was thinking they might announce a change because the eShop releases right before the E3. I have some hopes regarding this matter, lets see. There's also the Project Cafe announcement to look forward to and a bunch of new 3DS titles. Wow this E3 is gonna be massive.

Supakitsune

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just checked on my DSi (US), and it seems that the Nintendo Points card, rather than being phased out, is going to become the Nintendo DSi Points card. There's a different design to it. Also, the same "Nintendo 3DS Prepaid Cards cannot be used in the DSi Shop" disclaimer is in the message.

By the way, I'm pretty sure that you don't have to update to see these changes. They should just, well, show up, considering that all that documentation is online...

fgghjjkll

GBATemp MegaMan
Trophies
XP
SamAsh07 said:
Same here, been a fan since Gameboy era, though I did deviate away from Nintendo fan boy-ism when the PS2 was released, HOWEVER, when PS3 came and I found out you need to get a frigging new TV just to play it with all its potential I gave up hope, and bought a Wii, though I've been buying every Nintendo hand-held after the DS phat (apart from Micro and XL, they don't interest me).

I was thinking they might announce a change because the eShop releases right before the E3. I have some hopes regarding this matter, lets see. There's also the Project Cafe announcement to look forward to and a bunch of new 3DS titles. Wow this E3 is gonna be massive.
Lies. The original PS3 DID come with the red white yellow (composite?) cables... Well, it did here.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    It could get banned from PSN but you can change your ID I think?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    also gonna install twilight menu in my r4 flashcard
    One thing that just occurred to me.... The sound on the 2600 sucked less back then the harsh sound we hear now is from infinitely better speakers we have now, back when the 2600 was new speakers produced a almost muffled sound, like CRTs made old graphics look slightly better.
    I wonder if I could recommend that to some emulation devs that perhaps the sound could use some smoothing out to simulate those old TVs
    I think a few of the early systems could benefit from that, at least up to the 8 bit generation, by the 16 bit generation I think TVs had gotten a lot better in almost every way
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    i dont have an sd card adapter but I have an usb sd card adapter
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Old people games
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    its not the one that comes with the r4
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    doesnt work (my flashcard is from r4isdhc.com)
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    might install ysmenu first
    Try Wood firmware
    For your R4
    It's old but it's the best firmware out for DS stuff
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    it says it only works for the original R4, R4i Gold (r4ids.cn), R4iDSN (r4idsn.com) and Acekard R.P.G.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    nvm it does support mine
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    but why choose it over ysmenu @Psionic Roshambo?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    bc im stupid?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    yea ik im stupid
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    good night
    Just give it a try, but honestly if you have a 3DS you can play DS games without a card just off the internal SD card
    Slightly slower loading but a bit more convenient
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    guys, my fuckin headphones have an out of place speaker
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Did you try wearing them?
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Did you try wearing them?