Nintendo Online Subscription Pre Orders on Amazon

51QYevouEpL._SL1199_.jpg

On Amazon UK, a product titled "Nintendo Switch Online Membership - 12 Months | Switch Download Code" poped up at a cost of £19.99. On the same page a 3 month version for £7.99 is also listed and both have a release date of September 30th 2018.

It should be noted however that in the description of the item it says "Preliminary", so it might change.

Nevertheless, it is not the first time that a retailer, much less Amazon, has leaked advanced knowledge of a product. And when it comes with that many specifics, it is even less likely to be a simple placeholder or speculative product.

Below is a screenshot of the listing:

upload_2018-6-4_12-34-6.png

Description said:
  • Preliminary release date.
  • You'll be able to play co-operative and competitive games online by signing in with your Nintendo Account.
  • With this paid service, you can enjoy online multiplayer gaming as well as a dedicated smart device app that connects to your Nintendo Switch system and helps you connect with friends for online play sessions.
  • Members will have ongoing access to a library of classic games with added online play, such as Super Mario Bros. 3, Balloon Fight and Dr. Mario.

:arrow: Source

Last edited by Prans,

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
not much to do to justify a less than 2€ a month subscription...
I have yet to see a game service online I am inclined to pay for and Nintendo's efforts least of all. Nothing they have shown here makes me believe they are doing something good, never mind worthy of millions from gullible types.

"but it is cheap"
is easily responded to with "but is something" from where I sit. Even if I didn't believe this was a "give them an inch and they will take a mile" situation then online has clearly been demonstrated to be entirely doable for free for many years now.

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
You get nes, and snes games, with online functionality, I'd pay $20 a year for that imo
paying 20$ a year to play afew selected 20yo games with online seems a crap deal, most people will jusst end up paying to play splatoon 2,mario kart,smash and pokemon online really, i doubt anyone will pay just to play some nes games online with another paying person, your better off just using emulators for that with netplay.

nolimits59

Trophies
XP
Country
France
paying 20$ a year to play afew selected 20yo games with online seems a crap deal, most people will jusst end up paying to play splatoon 2,mario kart,smash and pokemon online really, i doubt anyone will pay just to play some nes games online with another paying person, your better off just using emulators for that with netplay.
Kinda what I meant, becasue it's only a "less than 2€ a month" people will see no problem to pay even for just 1 game, and with that you gain access to oldies freely ? Jackpot.

D

DeletedMember411838

with what? 5 nintendo games that have online? is it even justifiable paying 20 bucks a year?

Cloud Sales aside, ya I think its worth it, lets see what games it will allow play of.

Mario Tennis Aces,
Splatoon 2,
Mario Kart 8,
Arms,
Smash Bros,
Pokemon Lets Go,
Minecraft,
Rocket League,
Doom,
Pokken Tournament,
Super Bomberman,
Street Fighter,
NBA 2K18,
FIFA 2K18,

I could go on, there is no point we are already way over 5 games. Actually I honestly think it would be faster to list the games that dont have online play than those that do. I own over half the games on this list, as a matter of fact we only own 2 games for switch that dont have an online mode, Super Mario Odyssey and BOTW.

Last edited by ,

Scarlet

Onion Soup
Editorial Team
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
Website
scarlet.works
XP
Country
United Kingdom
not much to do to justify a less than 2€ a month subscription...
I hear a certain independent gaming forum offers better perks for $2 a month :tpi:

rdurbin

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You get nes, and snes games, with online functionality, I'd pay $20 a year for that imo
agreed, its the only reason im even thinking of getting it. Hopefully it includes some good multiplayer games and they change or add games often. Would also be nice if they added online leaderboards to games. Some old NES games had leaderboards but generally got wiped each time you reset your nes. Trophy/Achievement support could be cool too. When it comes to this online subscription things I usually only get them for the free games/discounts. I had psn plus for like 2 years before ps4 even came out. $20 a year is not really that bad, what is that like $1.75 a month? Sure a better deal than psn plus for me, where most online games that I play are free to play and do not require plus and many of the free games on plus are not that great.

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Cloud Sales aside, ya I think its worth it, lets see what games it will allow play of.

Mario Tennis Aces,
Splatoon 2,
Mario Kart 8,
Arms,
Smash Bros,
Pokemon Lets Go,
Minecraft,
Rocket League,
Doom,
Pokken Tournament,
Super Bomberman,
Street Fighter,
NBA 2K18,
FIFA 2K18,

I could go on, there is no point we are already way over 5 games. Actually I honestly think it would be faster to list the games that dont have online play than those that do. I own over half the games on this list, as a matter of fact we only own 2 games for switch that dont have an online mode, Super Mario Odyssey and BOTW.
i was talking about nintendo exclusives really.Also i meant released now since mario tennis and pokemon, smash still no released date even, they still arent released so right now you have

pokken,splatoon2,mk8,arms

wich for first party online games is preety barren, and most 3rd partys people got it on their ps4/xb1 or pc so meh.

Yepi69

Jill-sandwiched
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
with what? 5 nintendo games that have online? is it even justifiable paying 20 bucks a year?
If they fix their shitty servers so I'll be able to play Smash online without having to quit in the middle of the game of how damn unplayable it would be, yes I would even pay more.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Sorry for accidentally bending over