1. Yil

Yil GBAtemp Addict

Canada
    If nintendo is willing to put some effort then yes. AMD's gpu should be directly competible and wii u has only 3 threads.

2. Rob Blou

Rob Blou GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Canada
    So this Christmas I'll be buying .. PS4 games I guess :(

3. Brunho

Brunho GBAtemp Regular

Brazil
    I´m one of the 5 and I can say I won´t be pissed by this. I already have the games that I´ve got the WiiU for (about 10 or so) and, at least, we will have the new Zelda too. Also, the vWii is a great thing since I never had a Wii.

4. WiiUBricker

WiiUBricker News Police
    Banned

Argentina
    Here is my prediction: Classic Gamepad/WiiU Pro Controls for Zelda on WiiU and crazy move/touch controls for Zelda on NX. Also Zelda WiiU and Zelda NX look identical, except some better lightning effects on NX (and a bug that forces you to wipe your save).

5. Yil

Yil GBAtemp Addict

Canada
    They might show it at some other conference this year.
    Mario are intended for levels, unless you are talking about paper Mario sequel like super paper Mario 2.
    Metroid is always open world, there is just no non-hostile NPC, or still one or two.
    March means post spring festival in Asia and their main focus is still Japan. And Nintendo seems to care little about Western Releases (Japanese still look down on other countries today).
    Nintendo seem to be interested in the Chinese market where weird Japanese games that never get western releases are relatively more popular considering Chinese for Sun/ Moon.
    Nah, they are just becoming a fusion of Bandai and Sega with their own console.

6. Selim873

Selim873 Nunnayobeesnes

United States
    I'm just happy we have a release window. We're another step closer to finding out what the damn thing is.

Here's what I'm thinking though. They're not referring to it as a console, but a "Dedicated gaming platform". Plus they're skipping a holiday release entirely. That's a really odd move for a game console. Handhelds are understandable, but a console? I'm still thirsty to know what the damn thing is.

7. DarkFlare69

DarkFlare69 GBAtemp Psycho!

United States
    I'll be saving my money, not specifically for the NX, because the chances are it'll suck. Nintendo will have to do something amazing to get me to ever buy or support their consoles again. I really hope it's something good because I want a new console

Saiyan Lusitano likes this.
  8. weatMod

weatMod GBAtemp Addict

United States
    well they could do western release in fall early winter and then release spring in japan/asia
    i know they usually release asia 1st but that has not always been the case

9. Selim873

Selim873 Nunnayobeesnes

United States
    Nope. The official PDF from yesterday's meeting says it'll release globally in March 2017.

10. Yil

Yil GBAtemp Addict

Canada
    Well it is perfect for new year present for myself.

TeamScriptKiddies likes this.
  11. weatMod

weatMod GBAtemp Addict

United States
    i know i am saying what they SHOULD do if they were smart

12. Yil

Yil GBAtemp Addict

Canada
    Maybe they are targeting Chinese market. Just saying.

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

And beside, Zen-Polaris APU will be ready then, or do you intend to have a console just slightly better than ps4?

13. KingVamp

KingVamp Haaah-hahahaha!

United States
    They get to see what Sony and Xbox are doing. I think this is a good thing. I'm pretty sure they will at least mention the NX at e3.

You do know plans change, right?

Last edited: Apr 27, 2016
    Tomato Hentai and Yil like this.
  14. VMM

VMM Hamon > Stand

Brazil
    Yes it is. It's just me saying how dumb this name is.
    If WiiU and Xbox One weren't stupid enough, putting an X to the end of every main game is really dumb when it's a roman numeral that is oftenly used in games to make it clear that it's the 10th installment of that franchise.
    For us, gamers, it is easy to get, but for parents it can be problematic.
    Especially if third parties decide to keep up with this stupid idea.
    Nintendo also done it with Super and 64, but in those cases it was hard to get mistaken.
    Anyway, it's Nintendo, they're known for doing stupid and confusing stuff.

15. DiscostewSM

DiscostewSM GBAtemp Guru

United States
    March 2017? Interesting. That's the month when the 3DS released worldwide, with Japan getting it a month prior. I'm not saying this means the NX is a handheld. I'm just making note of the coincidence. As for this year's E3, this is what NoA PR says:

It doesn't state that NX will be there, but it doesn't state it won't either. From what I remember, Nintendo's conference at E3 2011 started with Zelda and their 25th anniversary for a good chunk of time, then jumped into 3DS games, then ultimately ended with the unveiling of the Wii U, showing demonstrations, interviews with 3rd-parties, and *ugh* let EA take the stage. Again, that as E3 2011. Nintendo then at E3 2012 showed the Wii U again. Two E3s about the Wii U before it released. This, if true about no NX at E3, would be a first. There is another remark (can't find it atm) that states Nintendo will unveil the NX this year with specs, price, etc. It didn't say E3. It didn't say at what point this year at all, just this year.

Now, maybe Nintendo delayed the NX unveiling because they (and 3rd-parties?) need more time for a better launch, or, after the outrage about the competitor's mid-gen refreshes, they feel they can hold off for a little. I dunno. All I know is that the money I've been saving up that was meant to go towards an NX based on an E3 unveiling would now be in my pockets for who knows how much longer.

16. WiiUBricker

WiiUBricker News Police
    Banned

Argentina
    For Nintendo, E3 is outdated. Now they use Nintendo Directs for all important stuff, which I like!

DarthDub, Tomato Hentai and Yil like this.
  17. king_leo

king_leo Real Hero

This makes me annoyed, I knew it from the start that this generation was an absolute waste of time. That goes for Microsoft and Sony too all the current gen consoles are duds which were out of date from the start.

Saiyan Lusitano likes this.
  18. They should ditch European Nintendo Directs and include European dates on the US Nintendo Directs so this way there'd be no need for Shibata to say exactly the same lines as Reggie and Trinen. Problem with Shibata is his English accent, it's not very good.

19. WiiUBricker

WiiUBricker News Police
    Banned

Argentina
    Except that it's the other way around. Reggie and Trinen copy Shibata's lines!

Yil likes this.
  20. Noctosphere

Noctosphere Adoptive father of my kitty named Zelda
    Banned

Canada
    Well, if it was released this year, it would have been the installement for the 30th anniversary, it would be named The Legend of Zelda XXX

VMM likes this.

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - Nintendo, launch, March